Fundraise with Team ANA
What is TEAM ANA? TEAM ANA members are volunteers raising funds and increasing awareness and education of acoustic neuroma while challenging themselves and encouraging others to set and reach meaningful personal goals.
Why should I join TEAM ANA to raise funds for ANA?
It’s because you care. It feels good to give back to those who have helped you. ANA depends on supporters like you to raise awareness and funds to enhance current educational and support services and to establish future programming for those not yet diagnosed.
What kinds of things can I do to raise money?
· The Great Brain Freeze 2018 - This winter, challenge friends, family and members of your local community to join you in taking an icy plunge to raise awareness and funds for ANA's valuable patient-focused programming. If you aren't brrrave enough for an arctic swim - host a pool party, ice cream social, popsicle party or slushy soiree, organize a group snowball fight, or any frigid, fun activity.
Watch a video and learn more
· Competitive Events – 5K, half marathon, marathon, IRONMAN
· Individual Challenges – walks, fun runs, cycling, training, weight loss
· Host a dinner party, silent auction, wine tasting or other social event
· Request donations in lieu of birthday, anniversary and other occasional gifts
How do I get started?
· We recommend using a peer-to-peer fundraising website to set up your online fundraiser. A peer-to-peer fundraising website should give you the flexibility to create any type of fundraiser you want and enable you to tie your fundraising page to your social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Some suggested sites are Facebook.com or CrowdRise.com. These sites may take up to 10% in service fees and credit card processing fees.
· Create your online personal fundraising site in just a few minutes. Tell your story by uploading information and pictures about yourself, and/or ANA and set a goal. Friends and family can donate directly from your page and will receive a confirmation email they can use for tax purposes. The online fundraising site should allow for acknowledgement of donors and the donors' ability to donate anonymously, if desired.
· Follow up with emails. Sending a personal email to your friends and family is a way to tell them how ANA has helped you and so many others. Additionally, it keeps them informed of your progress.
· Thank those who donated to your cause. Whether it’s a $5, $10, $25 gift or more, thank them for their generous support.