ANA members are invited to attend;
"Radiosurgery for Acoustic Neuromas: A Non-Invasive Treatment Option"
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
1:30 pm ET, 12:30 pm CT, 11:30 am MT, 10:30 am PT
Dr. Susan C. Pannullo is the Director of Neurosurgical Radiosurgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell/Columbia. She is board-certified in both Neurology and Neurological Surgery and fellowship-trained in neuro-oncology. Dr. Pannullo is one of the few neurosurgeons in the world with a neurosurgical practice focused only on stereotactic radiosurgery. She has expertise in treatment of acoustic neuromas using Gamma Knife, Novalis and CyberKnife technologies.
This discussion will provide an understanding of radiation basics, the differing equipment available and what patients can expect before, during and after treatment.
To receive the most up to date information on our educational events and the AN community, join our organization today! www.ANAUSA.org
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
They can be found at www.ANAUSA.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows: XP (Service Pack 3), Vista, 7, 8, 10 (32 & 64 bit)
- Mac: OSX 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, and 10.11 (For access to all features, presenters must be on Mac OSX 10.8+)
- Linux: 2.6+ kernel; 64 bit; x86 CPU required
- iPad: iOS 7+
- iPhone: iOS 7+
- Android: 4.1+
- Internet Explorer: 7+
- Firefox: 31+
- Google Chrome
- Safari: 5.0+
Required Plugins for Participants
- Adobe Flash 11+ or...
- Java 1.7+ or...
- ReadyTalk iPad/iPhone/Android App
ReadyTalk is now using an HTML5 participant interface that should improve your audio experience. Here is some helpful information to insure that your audio is of the best quality:
- For the best experience, use the current version of Chrome or FireFox browsers to join the event.
- If joining using Internet Explorer 11 or Safari 9+ browsers, you may be asked to download a rtaudiovideowplugin.This plugin is needed to be able to listen to the audio from these browsers.You will only need to download it once for this and future meetings unless there is an update.
- If joining with Edge, Safari 8 and below, or IE10 and below, you will need to have Flash installed and enabled to join the event and listen to streaming audio.
- With the new interface for Chrome, FireFox, IE11, and Safari 9+, the chat window is closed by default. To chat, please click the blue talk bubble in the bottom left hand corner.
- If you are not hearing audio through your computer for this broadcast audio event, please choose the "Join with our Flash version" in the Settings menu.
Q: How do I register for an upcoming ANA Webinar?
A: ANA sends an email with registration details two-three weeks before the live Webinar presentation.
Q: Can I participate from anywhere?
A: Yes. All you need is a good internet connection (good enough to watch a YouTube video, for example) and the link in your confirmation email. It should be noted that some places of business have firewalls that prevent employees from accessing this type of event. If that happens, the webinar will be accessible as a recording and available on the ANA website.
Q: How long will the presentation be?
A: The actual presentation will last approximately 30-35 minutes following a short introduction. After that, we'll do a Q&A session lasting about 20 minutes. The entire webinar will last one hour.
Q: Will the presentation be recorded?
A: Yes, ANA members who cannot attend will be able to access a recorded version (audio and slides) on the ANA website about one-week after the presentation. That recording can be viewed at any time. There will also be a written transcript available.
Q: How do I ask questions?
Q: Can I use my tablet or smartphone to view the Webinars?
A: To join a meeting from an Apple iPad or iPhone, iOS 4.3+ and the ReadyTalk Mobile for iPad app are required. You can also join from an Android phone using Android: 4.1+ and the ReadyTalk Mobile for Android app. The ReadyTalk mobile app is available as a free download from the App Store (Mac) or from Google Play (android).To view our webinar from your desktop computer or laptop, just use the link in the confirmation email that you will receive after registering.