Author Topic: Tattoo  (Read 18132 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: Tattoo
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2009, 03:59:50 pm »
Hey Moe,
It took two hours and really didn't hurt as much as I thought. Well compared to brain surgery this was a piece of cake. It kind of felt like I had a sunburn and someone was scratching it over and over. Annoying but not that bad.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

lori67

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2009, 10:26:50 am »
Michelle,

Sorry I'm just getting to this - that is absolutely beautiful!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2009, 01:53:45 pm »
Michelle-

Beuatiful tatoo!  I've been thinking of getting another one myself (got my first one for my 40th birthday) and have been toying with the word "Believe" in Chinese symbols.  Maybe if I can get my act together, I can show off my new ink in Chicago.

Stoneaxe - you are one brave man!  And the results are beautiful!  Heck, maybe you could line us all up for tats in Chicago??

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2009, 03:47:31 pm »
Debbi -

if you don't get one prior to the symposium, there is a great place in Chicago called Jade Dragon.  It's not downtown, but it isn't too far away.  They work with only one-use needles to cut down on the risk of infection - and other "stuff".

I'm thinking a road trip might be in order.  Isn't MaryBKAriz coming to the syposium in her RV?  Maybe we could talk her into taking us on a field trip  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2009, 04:14:39 pm »
Jan~
All I know is that if you go, I am coming along for the ride!! ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

suboo73

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 04:29:18 pm »
It is a BEEAAUUUTTIFFFULLL tatto, Michelle!   ;D
I bet my daughter would like this idea!

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 05:08:54 pm »
hahahha Cheri - I went with two friends (one who has a tattoo and one who does not [and probably won't now]).
So to answer your question I guess I winged it hehehehe
Michelle  :o
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2009, 04:10:12 pm »
Hhhm, Jan, I think the road trip idea may have legs.  And, it would give me time to work on the Chinese characters (to make sure I  don't get "stupid American" tatooed on myself).
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2009, 09:16:17 pm »
You know I was only half serious about the road trip to The Jade Dragon.

But today on the way to get my MRI I had a sign from God.  A huge billboard advertising, you guessed it, The Jade Dragon  :D

It mostly mentioned that they do body piercing, so if Kaybo would rather do that than have a tattoo I think it's entirely up to us to support her  ;)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2009, 07:00:04 am »
I have always (at least for the last 13 years) said that i should get a nose ring or my tongue pierced or my eyebrow done, maybe my lip? - ON THE RIGHTside!!  :o  I wouldn't feel it anyway! ;)

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2009, 07:04:39 am »
Hmmmm.  Sounds like Kaybo's up for the piercing.

And to think, I was just kidding . . .

Sometimes you surprise me, Kaybo!

No piercings for me - I'm not that wild - but I'm giving serious consideration to the 2nd tattoo.

Painless, inexpensive, and can be covered by my sleeve.

Kaybo

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2009, 09:02:16 am »
jan~
you know I was just kidding...what if it got infected and I couldn't feel it & then they had to cut my nose off??  I really need one more thing to detract from my face!! :D

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2009, 10:58:08 am »
Cool tattoo and including your girls names  was a nice touch ... I have too many kids for that ...maybe initials ...
DSTJHS ... nope that looks like a dirty foreign word or something ...

I am planning something less extravagant ... my avatar picture my youngest did and the older daughter is suppose
to be designing something to go with it ...she doesn't want to be left out in this project ...my  9 year old wants
tattooed but told her no even though with parent permission they will... she has honey bees for 4-H and wants a
bee tattooed on her upper arm

my 3 sons available way get a dragon or wizard ... they are 28 year old twins and a 27 year old ... 30 year old is off
playing soldier but would say don't do it ...it's bad when your kids get old enough to think they can tell you what
to do ...makes me feel old

wanted to get it done before day camps and 4-H camp so it would heal before I was out in the sun and brush being
sun burnt scratched and bit by bugs ... may have to wait and get it in July ... I have so much going on right now don't
know when I could squeeze it in before camp starts ... surgery anniversary is July 2 ... that would be cool if I could get
it done on anniversary date ... OK now I have one more thing to try to set up and make happen ...have found 2 places
with good reputations and have looked at some of their work on people not just pictures...

and for the record I don't think I would like piercing or branding ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2009, 12:33:26 pm »
Soundy I often thought how great it would be if you got your avatar picture. It has lots of meaning and it is already designed.
My tattoo took 5 days to completely heal and I forget I have it...until I start getting undressed and my husband says "YIKES, I forgot you had a tatttoo!"
Life is good... I think my missing dimple on my cheek is returning! yahooo
Michelle  ;D

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2009, 06:14:42 pm »
I am a bit late to this post but I love both the tattoos....I think a tattoo shows a bit of yourself to the world. I am thinking if my Celtics go all the way this year I may put the shamrock on my shoulder, I have the Patriots flying Elvis on my ankle, should probably keep with the sports theme...  Anyway Nice tats!!!
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!