Author Topic: EJTampa (Ernie's) updates  (Read 56513 times)

LADavid

Re: EJTampa (Ernie's) updates
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 10:32:33 am »
Yea Ernie.  Escape from ICU -- it's not a fun place to be. Feel better.  And thanks for the update, Isabel.  Please keep them coming.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 11:26:49 am »
Glad to hear about EJ's surgery.  Thanks for the update!  Just remember, the first 3 days don't count.  They're just icky most of the time..  Progress will happen slowly and steady after that.  Get some rest yourself!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Kim Zingale

• My AN Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 12:03:38 pm »
Thanks for the update! We're thinking of you, Ernie :)

Kim
Retrosigmoid surgery Feb. 9, 2009 at Johns Hopkins with Drs. Tamargo and Carey.
http://adventureswithmanny.blogspot.com

wendysig

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 01:30:04 pm »
Hi Isabel,
Thanks for the update on Ernie!  I'm glad to hear he is doing well and will be up and around soon -- the first few days are the toughest.  Hope you are taking time out to get the rest you need too.  Keep us posted on how he is doing.

Please give him my est wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery,

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Keri

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 01:39:35 pm »
Hi Isabel and Ernie,

Best wishes to you both.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 03:53:08 pm »
Hi, Isabel & Ernie ~

Thanks for the update.  Things seem to coming along as planned.  Now, the goal is to get Ernie out of the ICU so he can get some rest!  :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 05:46:00 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm in ICU still, they didn't have a room for me.  Just spoke to Dr. Danners who works with Dr. Bartels.  I'm heading home tonight.  Not bad, in one day, out the next!

I'll post pictures when I get home, probably not until Saturday though.  Thanks for all your well wishes!  The prayers, the scarf, and the blessing made all the difference in the world!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 06:12:00 pm »
Wow, are you seriously on email already?  Go get some rest Ernie and post your updates--I'm so happy you're up and around quickly.  That's a good sign for a swift recovery.
Marci

3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

texsooner

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 06:35:58 pm »
Way to go Ernie. You must be doing great. Don't try to do too much too soon. Look forward to seeing updates later on.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 06:38:25 pm »
My biggest issue right now is with balance, since my balance nerve was largely unaffected by the 1.3cm tumor.  Walking is pretty interesting...better stay out of my way! :)

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

QRM

• Was an architect now stay at home dad
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 07:05:29 pm »
Ernie,

Good for you!! the walking issues get better very quickly everyday you will see huge improvements.  You will get the odd day when you feel a bit off, but there again that happens to everyone with or without a tumour.  Just keep looking at the funny side of it all, and there will be a few, thanks to the drugs cocktail still running through you.  I kept seeing a chicken in my bedroom.

keep us posted

Rick
2.5 cm x 1.1 cm AN 30 Oct 08  Singapore Gleneagles Hosp.
Translab on  29 Jan 09 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of HEI
Surgery a success!! had wonky head for a while and odd tastes
Everyday things are improving and getting back to normal.

lori67

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 07:06:09 pm »
Ernie -

I'd say you set a record!!!!  Wow!  We all knew you were amazing, but wow!!  

Take it easy when you get home - I'm sure you'll get more rest there than in the hospital anyway, and I'm sure the food is better!

A friend of mine suggested I walk around with half empty bottle of vodka in my hand for a while so people wouldn't wonder why I was walking like a drunken sailor!  Might work for you too!

Way to go!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Keeping Up

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 08:29:54 pm »
Congratulations - missed the earlier posts saying it was done - and now look at you, home already.

Congratulations

Ann
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

cindyj

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 08:54:59 pm »
No way, Ernie!  You're home?!?!  Wow, you must be doing well and that's great to know.  Be sure to take it easy even though you're home...actually, you may get more rest there than in the hospital ;)

Good to see you over here in postie land,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

sgerrard

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 09:28:56 pm »
Wow! Anointing the Magic Scarf has given it super powers! Welcome home, postie Ernie. Take it easy for a while.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.