Author Topic: problems with unread posts!!!!  (Read 2370 times)

tenai98

problems with unread posts!!!!
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:58:56 pm »
when I click on the 'show unread post since last visit' ...I get nothing...then i check the threads seperately and there are many new ones...I am recieving the new replies to my posts but not the unread ones....anyone else having this problem or is it just me
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: problems with unread posts!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 03:22:36 pm »
when I click on the 'show unread post since last visit' ...I get nothing...then i check the threads separately and there are many new ones...I am receiving the new replies to my posts but not the unread ones....anyone else having this problem or is it just me

Me too - and it's mildly annoying. The unread posts link only seems to work while you are in your current internet session.  Once I log off the website, I have the same problem.  I assume it's some sort of glitch - but possibly intentional.  I'm sure it will be addressed soon.  Thanks for bringing it to light.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 03:54:26 pm »
Here's a good method to keep up to date on all the posts:

When you enter the forum, click on "Show Replies to Your Posts." This will display the threads that you've posted on at some point, whether recently or not, by citing the most recent posting.

Then scroll down to "Forum Stats" which indicates the latest post and a list of users who are currently online. Click on "View the most recent posts on the forum" and you'll be able to scan 10 pages worth of the most recent posts, going from newest to oldest. If a given post is on a topic that you're not interested in, just skip it and keep reading down the list. You can click on a post of interest which will take you to the thread. I check on the forum a couple of times a day and feel that I am at least glancing at everything that's been posted. When I reach a point within the 10 pages where the posts are familiar, I know that I've seen everything that's been posted since my last visit.

This works well for me.

Catherine (JerseyGirl s)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 12:34:51 am »
Jo -

this IS annoying and unfortunately it happens all the time.

Wish someone would fix it  :(

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways