Author Topic: It was a success!  (Read 6958 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: It was a success!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 09:34:20 am »
Jan, I have been trying to ride my bike for the past five years....don't know if I will ever have the balance it takes to keep it upright....I might add I fall off the stationary bike in the fitness center every time I go and try it....did PT for three years.....um not worth the money it cost!

I think that lots of us have our "issues" when it comes to the things we used to do.  I used to run on a treadmill all the time prior to my surgery - can't do it anymore.  I can run on a track, a field, or the open road, but for some reason not on a treadmill.  Go figure.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 11:31:51 am »
Amazing!!!  Now you will have to plan a little road trip to Ontario Canada and visit me.  I do not know how to drive a car, I only drive people crazy  ::)   

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 12:44:24 pm »
Why do dogs LOVE to stick their heads out the window inthe 55 mph wind but hate for you toblow in their faces?? ???
These things I ponder...

K.  ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 03:51:59 pm »
Why do dogs LOVE to stick their heads out the window inthe 55 mph wind but hate for you toblow in their faces?? ???
These things I ponder...

K.  ;D

Queenie Beanie always "blows in my face", thus, her twue name... Queenie Beanie the Healing "Toot" Queen (for those that have been here for a while, you know for what I reference......). :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 07:28:23 pm »
Congratulations on you road trip ... my runs to Nashville have been my longest drives and wear me out ... have to drive all the way to Chattanooga on the 22nd for my little sisters wedding ... not real happy about the upcoming drive ...

I still can't ride a bike and running is fun ... fun for people that watch me that is ... only running I have down with no worry was at the end of the Relay For Life night when all of us were too tired to notice how wobbly everyone was moving ... was nice to not be the only wobbler in the bunch  :D
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Keri

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 09:29:05 pm »
brenda,
i went to SFASU! wow, do you have any pictures? haven't been there in.... 27 years! wondering what the great city of nacogdoches is like now! my husband went to SFA as well.
thanks for sharing and good for you!!!
keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 08:53:10 am »
Keri,
Nac is still very beautiful.  I am posting a picture of the outside of Griffith Hall, where Jensen's dorm room is.  It will be on my FB page, because I still can't get stuff to post here..............I am technically not with it!  I loved the drive there....the rolling hills and countryside remind me of where I am from......except much better weather.
Phyl.......I will keep Queenie Beanie in my thoughts and prayers.
Kay, when I was kid we had a half Beagle half Lab (Beagle sized).  He was the best dog ever.  We would take him for rides and of course he would stick his head out the window, but when we went by a pasture full of cattle, we would say, "See cow-cows, Petey."  He would go nuts and even nuttier when the cows would "moooooooo"
Thank you all for being so supportive and always here for me for the hits and the misses.
Hugs to all,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

moe

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 09:44:43 am »
Congrats Brendalu on  your trip!
Getting over that hurdle probably feels like getting this big weight lifted off your shoulders. :) :) :)
You're lighter now, so go do stuff!. Actually you sound too busy to do"stuff"but this was good!
Enjoy your next road trip with ease.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty