Author Topic: West Coast AN Forum Get-Together!!  (Read 20604 times)

tony

Re: West Coast AN Forum Get-Together!!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 01:28:35 pm »
I should bring a hat, coat, and good shoes, maybe a team of Husskies
Best Regards
Tony

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 01:36:19 pm »
Thank you.......

however, I won't be able to make it to S.D. 

: :(

Party on loved ones...........Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

matti

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 01:49:03 pm »
I might be able to do January. My son is graduating from College this December, so it's a busy month for me.  I am in Northern CA. I was lucky enough to be able to fly up to Seattle in September for the first west coast meet. AWESOME time we had ;D

Word of caution...at our Seattle meet we did have a difficult time hearing in the restaurant and it was a fairly quiet place. Throwing my 2 cents in here,  best advice would be to find a place with a separate room.

Hope to see all in January, I love San Diego!!!!

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 02:21:15 pm »
Phyl,
  That would be awesome if you came to San Diego too. I'm planning on july in Philly too at the ANA symposium. Would love to meet you,  ya ole' married woman you! Can't wait for CB to get back wiv ya permanently.

Patti UT

As far as dates in Jan, don't really know, the 7th sounds Ok so far. just want it to be NICE and WARM. I have to have WARM weather for margarita drinking with the mexican food down there. Pick the best time of year, Is Feb warmer?r, I could come the week of the 17-24isjh, my kids have off school and we could come down to visit grandparents.  You guys pick
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

marystro

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 04:34:40 pm »
Great!  I will get us a room or at least a quiet corner (waterview preferred  ;)!)  I can guarantee margarita and Mexican food - yummy yummy mmmmm...  rubbing my tummy already...  It will be NICE and WARM.  I am "ordering" great weather!!!

Keeping January 7th.  It does not matter what time of the year here.  Remember, this is southern Cal!!!  We promise sun and fun!!!  Annual temperature variance is average 10 degree only!  Always blue sky above, sea, sand and great food  ::) :D ;D ;).

The new count is:

Mary
SuzeAN
Patti UT
Cheryl (Matti)
Phyl (bring your bloke with you - he will love us  ;))
John (still "wrestling" him - he will yield!)

Did I miss anyone?  Shoegirl?  Melinda? BevM? Busybonnie?  crynko?  others?

Mary
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 04:56:44 pm by marystro »
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

BusyBonnie

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 12:36:43 am »
Wow, I've been so busy I didn't even have a chance to see you guys planning this! Jan 7th sounds good to me too! I will try to keep the date open. I'm still trying to decide on treatment so I'm not sure when I will be having it. I've been having vertigo lately, having it right now and it's tough to type. Any of you have trouble working with vertigo? I almost had to go home one night because I thought I was going to fall. I'm a waitress so that's probably the worst job for an ANer! I hope I can make it in January! I'd love to meet all of you.

Lana
Mother and wife.
2006 11mm acoustic neuroma.
GK Dec. 27th 2006 at SD Gamma Knife Center.
June 2007 MRI - No signs of necrosis.
April 9th 2013 - 13mm
Will be scheduling radiosurgery again

BevM

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 08:57:11 am »
Hi Marystro:   I would like to join the California group but live North of San Francisco so could not make the trip to SD.   I would certainly be there in spirit and would love to hear how it goes.  If there are any Northern Californians who would like to gather, I would help to organize that.

Bev

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 10:12:27 am »
Marystro,

What's a close hotel to where the brunch is going to be? can you get me an address of the resturaunt?
Patti UT
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 10:41:52 am »
Hello:

I can set a date if anyone wants to meet at "The Davenport Cash Store" for breakfast!  (or an early brunch, sometime soon)  This is No. CA.  (down from S.F., below Half Moon Bay and not as far as, Santa Cruz)  It is just a thought/idea.

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

matti

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 10:44:20 am »
Bev - I live in Northern CA (San Ramon) and would love to get together for a brunch or dinner. I know there are a few of us in the area.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

shoegirl

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 11:56:59 am »
January would be better for me too.
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

marystro

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 10:36:01 am »
I am thinking either "Buster's Beach House and Long Board Bar - Seaport Village" or "Tom Ham's Lighthouse" for our get-together.  If we fancy Mexican food, then definitely the legendary "Old Town Mexican Cafe".  They all have private rooms or quite corners.  The first two overlook the fabulous San Diego Bay while the Mexican Cafe is in the famous San Diego Old Town.  See links:

http://www.bustersbeachhouse.com/html/bbhsdframeset.html
http://www.tomhamslighthouse.com/
http://www.oldtownmexcafe.com/

It's a blessing that we have so many great eateries but also difficult to choose as they are all great!  So, I will make some preliminary calls for reservations for January 7th.

Patti UT - There are lots of great hotels with great views all along the bay on Harbor Drive and many within walking distance to all the great sights and shopping!  *Who went shoe shopping after CK?  You'd love this place!!  ;)*  Since it is not in the peak season, I think you should be able to get great hotel rates.

So far, the list is:

Patti UT
Mary
Busybonnie
Cheryl (Matti)
SuzeAN
Phyl (with her bloke - never know?)
tcrnko (possibly - a good "dose" of pre-treatment calm)
John?
Shoegirl
Corrine5000 (never know?)

Anyone else?  Melinda?  I know Northern CA rocks but Southern CA has its charm also!!!  8)  So, Bruce?  Palace?  How about it?  You can do two places - North and South...  Any excuse to get-together for eating and drinking and talking very loud with "AN" excuse is a good one!!! :D ;D

Ok, when we are done with brunch, let's go to the Hotel Del to find our sand man!!!  (See the Good Morning thread)

http://www.hoteldel.com/

Mary
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:34:07 pm by marystro »
Mary

marystro

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 07:26:56 pm »
Just heard from Mark!!  So here's the updated interest list for Janurary 7 Sunday brunch in San Diego:

Patti UT
Mary
Busybonnie
Cheryl (Matti)
SuzeAN
Phyl (with her bloke - never know?)
tcrnko (possibly - a good "dose" of pre-treatment calm)
John?
Shoegirl
Corrine5000 (never know?)
Mark (possible - yeah!  My mentor oh my mentor!!! - now, Phyl, you really really have to come  ;D!)

Who wouldn't want to come to San Diego in the middle of the winter?  Come pirates, scallywags, east coasters, down unders, UKers?
*Now I sound like a tourist agent  ::) 8) ;)*

Mary
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:35:30 pm by marystro »
Mary

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 08:43:49 pm »
Oh, by the way, Since I spent more than the first half of my life in Southern California, I am very familiar that their Sunday brunches, are almost always "Champaign brunches"  Something you just don't see here in Utah. LOL  gee wonder why LOL

Patti UT

Mary,  when you say the San Diego Bay, do you mean Mission bay?? I soent many a wild weekend in Mission bay back in my early 20's  Had a friend who lived on the water/beach. Did alot of roller skating & bike riding on the boardwalk. Now that would be interesting. A bunch of AN'er roller skating after a champaign brunch.  LOL

marystro

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 09:26:45 pm »
Patti UT,

I was talking about the San Diego Bay right near downtown San Diego.  Mission Bay is another great choice where you can go roller skating, bike riding or just walking/jogging on the massive Mission Bay Park complex across from Sea World.  The Hilton Hotel there has a wonderful Sunday Champaign brunch.  Can we visualize us rolle rskating?  You bet!!

Mary
Mary