Author Topic: West Coast AN Forum Get-Together!!  (Read 20597 times)

marystro

West Coast AN Forum Get-Together!!
« on: November 03, 2006, 08:56:06 am »
Some of us living in the southwestern part of the country are interested in a West Coast get together.  Please chime in if you want to join us.  I am thinking about San Diego, beautiful sea and sand, great vacation spot!!!  How about a Sunday brunch in December after Thanksgiving and before Christmas for that get away in Southern California?  I will guarantee a fabulous brunch location overlooking the ocean and on the beach!!!   ;D  Bring your sunglasses!  8)

*Phyl and other east coasters: if you are in the area or just want a perfect excuse to come to California for that warm sunny getaway, do join us!!!*

If December is too soon, we can also do it after New Year.  So the options are below.  Please indicate your preference(s).
Dec 10
Dec 17
Jan 7
Jan 14

Just want to see a "show of hands"....

Mary

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:14:27 am by marystro »
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: West Coast AN Forum Get-Together!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 09:52:21 am »
HI There,
    Depending on the date you pick, I may be able to make it.  Used to live in the LA area most of my life. been in utah the last 18 yrs.  L O V E San Diego

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:57:40 am »
Hi Patti,

Where in LA did you live while there?  What places did you haunt?  I was born in Burbank, moved to Glendale, Pacific Palisades and settled in Marina Del Rey.  I later moved to northern CA. where I rented, came back to LA for a job.  (one year)  I then bought a house up here.  (soon to move again in awhile)  It is hard mountain living up here in the woods.

I would like to meet other West Coasters but, I have CK scheduled in a few weeks.

Have fun together..........it must be nice!  Yes, S.D. is a good place.  Is that Anthony's By The Sea still there?  That is the best restaurant for fish, I have ever been to.  Oh, fish will be extint by 2048 so the news said, the other day.  Eat um' up.

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

marystro

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 10:03:24 am »
Hi Patti,

I was just thinking about Anthony's in San Diego!!!

To make it easier for everyone, I am picking a date and see the level of interest.  I know there are at least 4 or 5 ANers in San Diego already.  How's December 10 (Sunday) sound?

Mary
Mary

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 10:09:29 am »
Palace,

Ã‚ I grew up in the San Fernando Valley, Canoga Park. Lived there my whole childhood,  bounced around Reseda, Northridge, Encino my early adult years. Haunted several bars in the area. Then ended up taking a job in Newpark/Thousand Oaks area, so I moved to Ventura and lived at the beach for 2 years before meeting my hubby. He convinced me to move to Utah(yikes!) with him, So I too have been mountain bound for the last 18 years. You say you moved "up here" in the woods. Where is "up here"???  Did you frequent Malibu and Zoma beach? Spent my childhood  and teen years at these beaches. I do miss being able to go to the Ocean anytime I want, but don't think I could ever live in SO Cal again. I'm thinking maybe, Hawaii, Bahamas, that kind of beach would be a great place for an ANer to retire, don't ya think?

Patti UT

Mary,  Dec 10 might work, my hubby travels much for work so I have to coordinate with him, as I have kids, school, activities, etc. Back in Sept a bunch of No Cal ANers got together in Seattle and met up with Llarry from  Austrailia from the forum, I was sorry I missed it. I would come for the weekend. I'll check flights. Can you promise me a warm, sunny weekend? LOL,  It's getting kind of cold here now. We've already had several mild snow storms. My family live down there, they say it's been really warm.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 10:15:46 am »
ah, don't be alarmed if I show up.... I have a very dear friend in S.D. who's been talking about me flying out there for a visit (long overdue as it's been 3 years).  Gimme the beach and the Del Coronado and lunch out back at the resort and I'm there... as well as the terrific Mexican restaurant on the corner, across from the entrance to the Del Coronado... forgot the name of it but great burritos!

I can't do Dec 10 or 17.  Flying out of New England in January is tough due to typical inclement weather.... but with me... never say "never"  :)

Hope I can figure a trip out there but you all go ahead and schedule. I'll see what I can do from here based on the date you all choose :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

marystro

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 10:30:19 am »
I promise fun (for sure) and sun (maybe).  It's been warm here and yesterday was in the low 70's  ::) ;D 8).  Responses so far:

Palace (can you make Dec 10?)
PattiUT (maybe)
Phyl (never know?)
Mary (for sure)
John (another SD ANer whom I can "wrestle" him to come - I met him in San Diego after my treatment!

Busybonnie?  Flyers?  Melinda?  Others?

Mary
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:35:00 am by marystro »
Mary

SuzeAN

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 10:40:47 am »
HI,
I want to come too, Las Vegas is only a hop skip and jump away!

However, I will be in San Francisco the weekend of the 9th, will my husband and our friends to see a football game and have some fun.  Then I can't do the 17th weekend because that is the weekend of my daughters' Christmas recital.  But if you guys end up doing this in January, 7th or the 14th would work for me! 

Cheers,
Sue (Las Vegas)

2.5 cm, left side
CK-Barrows 10/05

shoegirl

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 11:48:26 am »
Hi,

I may be able to make it - depending on the date.  Lots going on that time of year - but would love a chance to meet all of you.  :)
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

marystro

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 11:56:39 am »
Would it be better if we get together after new year given the busy holiday season?  Let's see a vote on the following dates:

Dec 10 or Jan 7

Mary
Mary

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 11:58:02 am »
Suzean,

Ã‚  We will have to hook up sometime, I go to Mesquite all the time, only 45 min from Vegas.

Patti UT

Anyone for the week between Christmas & new Year. Probably too busy a time

marystro

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 12:03:58 pm »
So for Jan 7, we have:

SuzeAN
Mary
John (very likely)

What about others?  I know, I know, it's a very long term planning (just like how our AN grows)...  But with the holidays, time flies.  Can you believe it's already Thanksgiving season and Christmas stuffs are already on sale in the store!!!

Mary
Mary

comfortzone

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 12:27:43 pm »
I' d love to come but I don't think the time works out. I am Canadian, living in Vancouver on the West Coast but I lived in Pasadena for three years and love San Diego (the best Mexican food - hard to find north of the border!). I work for a company based in LA and have to come down for trainings and events regularly so you never know - I might crash your party one day!
8 mm left side AN Retrosigmoid surgery with Dr Akagami at Vancouver General Hospital April 3, 2014 SSD

tony

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 01:10:50 pm »
Its Minus two here at the moment
- yes, I am jealous
Best regards
Tony

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 01:15:55 pm »
January is best for me, pending weather issues flying outta Boston and Cheeky Bloke's potential permenant arrival to the States.  I know last weekend of January is out for me... so, keep me as a pending.

Tony, my next trip to England, I'm going to organize the UK ANA Brunch! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"