Author Topic: Regional Section to Forum - All hail from Boston, please sign in here! :)  (Read 46443 times)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Yup, it's in Worcester.  Right off 290.  I've never been there (never even drove by) - I'm just going by the web site Phyl posted.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Sounds good! Whatever you select is okay with me.......

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
sounds great all!  Ok, unless anyone else has suggestions for a location, do we consider this "etched in stone"?

July 30
Maxwell/Maxines in Worcester (http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/Maxines/Brunch/brunch.html)
11am - they kick us out

Current attendees:

Moi
CrazyRockerdude/Paul
Krbonner/Katie
JoeF

anyone?  Jane? Do you think you can make it?  ColorLady/Donna?
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ColorLady

Hi,
I can't commit to that date. I will be arriving home from vacation the night before and that could be a stretch to get out there the next morning. But I'd like to play it by ear...my right ear that is....and have the option of showing up if the stars are aligned. I'm sure the restaurant can pull up another chair for a paying customer. I am putting down in my calendar. I just need to know what time....and am I right to understand that we must leave the restaurant by 11 a.m.? That's fine with me but if it's true, I hope the meeting would start by 9 a.m.
Donna
www.donnacognac.com

ppearl214

• Administrator
Hi Donna,

OH, misunderstanding... brunch to begin at 11am.  I surely do hope you can attend! That would be terrific...and maybe you can share with us local Boston AN support group updates/happenings/anything and everything!  I know you will be fresh-back from vacation but would be terrific if you could! :)
Phyl

Hi,
I can't commit to that date. I will be arriving home from vacation the night before and that could be a stretch to get out there the next morning. But I'd like to play it by ear...my right ear that is....and have the option of showing up if the stars are aligned. I'm sure the restaurant can pull up another chair for a paying customer. I am putting down in my calendar. I just need to know what time....and am I right to understand that we must leave the restaurant by 11 a.m.? That's fine with me but if it's true, I hope the meeting would start by 9 a.m.
Donna
www.donnacognac.com
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ellenvig

• My AN
I'm in!

Ellen
2.3cm AN diagnosed 6/13/06.
Gamma Knife 9/22/06.
Dr. Greorg Noren, Providence RI.
http://savyon.com/ellen/AN.htm

Peanut

And I'm here, about two hours from Beantown in New Hampsha. Would try to come meet, depends where, as roundtrip might be daunting still, alas.

Peanut
3.5 cm AN total resection via suboccipital  April 2003 Barker & McKenna, MGH Boston one week, two weeks Spaulding Rehab
silicone punctal plugs in lower puncta for dry eye,
persistent post op head pain
Acupuncture, craniosacral treatments, Tramadol   200  reduced to 150, now 100mg. daily Feb 2007

Peanut

Any chance of a place which doesn't kick us out at 11?? It's a drive to get there, then to leave so soon....
Peanut
3.5 cm AN total resection via suboccipital  April 2003 Barker & McKenna, MGH Boston one week, two weeks Spaulding Rehab
Acupuncture, craniosacral treatments, Tramadol   200  reduced to 150, now 100mg. daily Feb 2007

Peanut

Finally saw how to navigate and get to all four pages of thread, so now I know we start at 11, much more civilized given that it's a drive for most.  I hope to make it July 30th, would be even better if I could figure out way to team up with another so I don't do all the driving in one day.
What has happened to the NH ANA Support Group?  I attended two meetings and have heard nothing more.  Anyone know?  I'll be interested to learn of the Boston area one.  And any help on headaches, bring it on...
Peanut

Katie, if I could get to Littleton, might I go with you, for example? 

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter

Katie, if I could get to Littleton, might I go with you, for example? 

Absolutely!  I'm right off 495.  Feel free to email me directly (krbonner at comcast dot net) and we can work out arrangements if you decide to carpool.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
updated attendance list for brunch... did I miss anyone?

sounds great all!  Ok, unless anyone else has suggestions for a location, do we consider this "etched in stone"?

July 30
Maxwell/Maxines in Worcester (http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/Maxines/Brunch/brunch.html)
11am - they kick us out

Current attendees:

Moi
CrazyRockerdude/Paul
Krbonner/Katie
JoeF
ellenvig
Peanut

Colorlady? (hoping so!)  Hey, CrazyPaul, do you think your Jody will come with you? I hope so! Would be great to see her again! She's a very special lady you have there! :)

ColorLady

Hello,
I am not clear on the brunch time. I read one post that says "11 a.m they kick us out" and another that suggests it might start at 11 a.m.  Can someone clarify the start time and if indeed we must leave at 11?

Thanks,
Color Lady

ppearl214

• Administrator
Hello,
I am not clear on the brunch time. I read one post that says "11 a.m they kick us out" and another that suggests it might start at 11 a.m.  Can someone clarify the start time and if indeed we must leave at 11?

Thanks,
Color Lady

Hi D,

Brunch begins at 11am.  Hope that helps.... and hoping to see you there!  Folks coming in from all angles of New England, so it should be very nice.

Phyl

jcinma

Hi Phyl-
I would like very much to join you all in Worcester so please count me in!  I will see you July 30 at 11 a.m.
Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

ppearl214

• Administrator
Hi Phyl-
I would like very much to join you all in Worcester so please count me in!  I will see you July 30 at 11 a.m.
Jane

You got it Jane! Can't wait to FINALLY meet you! :)

Phyl