Author Topic: Balance issues post radio-surgery  (Read 7048 times)

Gayle

Re: Balance issues post radio-surgery
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 12:47:05 pm »
Hi,
Just read your post---I would definitely get more opinions before thinking about surgery!!  They thought my tumor was possibly growing also,(about same size as yours), but after looking closer & other MRI's they think it's just post radiation swelling & that it is actually about the same size if you read it correctly (had several Drs/radiologists read them).  They also said they wouldn't even consider doing anything for at least a year after initial radiation. I'd talk to your Neurologist or someone besides the ENT.     Also, at 1.5 cm I don't know why your ENT thinks thats considered a big AN!!!?????
Hang in there!!
Gayle

DistressedDB

• Deb's site
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 01:19:47 pm »
Thanks Gayle!

My thoughts exactly...don't know why he thought it was "big" - HEI and my CK Docs referred to it as "small" - making my confidence in this ENT drop...  Plus he said he'd never seen a case of GK or CK working and I'd eventually have to resort to surgery...  As much as I could have cried at that point, I knew too much to give a great deal of credence to his statement and realize I'm back to square one to find a local ENT who "gets it".

Keep the faith!!!
1.5cm X .09 cm - CyberKnife November 2005
April MRI shows small growth of 1.5 cm X 1.0 cm

Gayle

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 01:43:00 pm »
Good for you---I'm glad you "know too much" to give that ENT credence!!
Sounds like he needs to know a little more!!  "never heard of CK or GK working"??!!!!!
Pleeease!!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 06:14:59 pm »
boy Bruce... right on the money! Mark (here on the site) is a perfect case of post CK, over 5 yrs out and clean as a whistle. Many here that have had CK or GK have shown the darkened line in the MRI (signs of necrosis) and hoping my MRI on Aug 14 will begin to show the signs as well (it will be 4 mos post treat...so not expecting much but boy, wouldn't it be nice to see a sign of it, however small).

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"