Author Topic: Regional Section to Forum - All hail from Boston, please sign in here! :)  (Read 46917 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Ya know Mary.... I'd reeeeeeeeeeeeealy think about extending that vaca and fly back Sunday night! ;)  Will have an eggs benedict or Bloody Mary for you.... there are so many here from the "bad" coast, I'm sure you all can figure out the same.  Have a terrific vacation and hoping you aren't near Queens/NYC.. they were still without power at last check.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
*bumped for Sheryl*

Reservation confirmed!

July 30
Maxwell/Maxines in Worcester (http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/Maxines/Brunch/brunch.html)
begins 11am until ? (when they kick us out?  )

Current attendees:

Moi (Phyl)
CrazyRockerdude-Paul and Jody
Krbonner-Katie
JoeF
ellenvig - Ellen (and petite, cutie patootie 9 mos old babe!)
Peanut
yoga52smh - Sue
jcinma-Jane
VTSally!

Reservation name:  ANA
confirmed for 10 people (if others are planning on attending, please let me know asap as I have to get a different table  for us!)
Round table confirmed for ease of communications
Table set away from others confirmed.

11am arrival! 
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

marystro

Hey Bloody Mary, Margarita, sound sooooooooo delicious!  May be I need to ping Mark when he gets back to do one for the other coast  ;).  Will be thinking about all of you when I down that glass of Napa Valley wine that Mark told me I must have at Stanford's cafeteria after my treatment on 8/4 at Stanford!!!  Never tell anyone that AN is so much fun  :-X :)

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

ppearl214

• Administrator
Mary,

May just have that bloody mary for you! I'm sorry you can't join us..... enjoy NYC, I'm jealous!
Phyl

ppearl214

• Administrator
*MAJOR bump*

4 days to go folks! YAY! :)  I need to reconfirm headcount so I can reconfirm with restaurant. All still coming? Any additional?  (Jane? Colorlady?)  Anyone can't make it?

Please advise so I can call them to firm all arrangements.
Thanks!
Phyl

sally

Hello all-
Sorry to let everyone know that I WILL NOT be able to attend Sunday's brunch.  My driver(spouse) is
a real estate broker and has to do an open house.  In the mean time, I will continue to monitor the forum.
sally

yoga52smh

Hi Phyl and  everyone,

I will be there on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting you all. This is only my second time posting.  I enjoy reading your posts and care a great deal that we all do well. Take care and see you soon! :)

jcinma

Dear Phyl,
Count me in! I am so looking forward to meeting everyone
See you Sunday and thanks for organizing this gathering-
Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
I'll be there with bells on!

Peanut/Wendy - do you still want to carpool?

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **

I'm still coming !!!

I will be about a 2 hour ride for me , according to the yahoo directions

not to worry, it takes me 1 or 1.5 hours to drive to work every day, so this will be a walk in the park!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Sheryl

Hey Phyll - thanks for the post in the other category regarding the brunch.  Found time to pull this one up and read about it.  As mentioned, got to go to Plymouth that day to check out John Alden and Pocahontas (not sure if I have my historic characters correct) - only kidding!! Got a cousin's reunion that had been planned for months.  Hope everyone has a great time - would love to meet y'all - maybe I'll get something going in Florida when we return for the winter - oh the life of the rich and famous - ya right!!
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Sheryl

OOPS  ;) Phyl - gave you an extra "L" in the last post.
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

ppearl214

• Administrator
*does happy dance around thread*

Can't wait to meet you all (that I haven't met yet... oh, rocker dude/Paul and ellenvig, you may need to warn everyone ahead of time!)

Sally, I'm so sorry you cannot make it... Jane... YAY!!!!!!, yoga and katie... heck yah!!!!!  JoeF.... I'll have bells and whistles on! :)

Reservation confirmed!

July 30
Maxwell/Maxines in Worcester (http://www.maxwellmaxine.com/Maxines/Brunch/brunch.html)

Current attendees:

Moi (Phyl)
CrazyRockerdude-Paul and Jody
Krbonner-Katie
JoeF
Peanut
yoga52smh - Sue
jcinma-Jane

confirmed for 10 people (if others are planning on attending, please let me know asap as I have to get a different table  for us!)

11am arrival! 

ppearl214

• Administrator
will be calling restaurant today to reconfirm.  CrazyRockerDude/Paul did inform me that his sweet love cannot make it (please give Jody a BIG hug for me) and ellenvig confirmed as well.  Joe, got your mobile phone number all set.  If anyone else wants to share mobile numbers so they can reach me if there are issues, please email me here.

Reservation confirmed!

July 30

Current attendees:

Moi (Phyl)
CrazyRockerdude-Paul
Krbonner-Katie
JoeF
Peanut
yoga52smh - Sue
jcinma-Jane

11am arrival! 

Peanut

Katie and All,
I'm just not there yet for all that driving, alas; I was hoping, and the time will come....  You all sound so effortlessly energetic, it amazes me.  Yesterday I did have a day with NO head pain, and that was very special, not even that low grade pain I manage to just ignore.  I'm hoping for more such days to come.  In the meantime, please let me know any advice/thoughts for that (very special) head pain post sub occipital.  I do acupuncture and craniosacral therapy, would like to know what has helped in other cases.

So, tomorrow have a fine brunch, I'll be thinking of you...

Peanut/Wendy
3.5 cm AN total resection via suboccipital  April 2003 Barker & McKenna, MGH Boston one week, two weeks Spaulding Rehab
silicone punctal plugs in lower puncta for dry eye,
persistent post op head pain
Acupuncture, craniosacral treatments, Tramadol   200  reduced to 150, now 100mg. daily Feb 2007