Author Topic: 3 1/2 months post op. NEED HELP/SUGGESTIONS PLS.!  (Read 17551 times)

Battyp

Re: 3 1/2 months post op. NEED HELP/SUGGESTIONS PLS.!
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2006, 08:04:08 am »
only my handcuffs are red fur lined  lol

Ben and Jerry's got me through my husbands illness!  It also upped my pants by two sizes  lol  Banana and chocolate HAS to be the best cure for depression...Sunshine says bananas are and we all agree chocolate is so the hell with the prozac, zoloft and effexor we'll daily dose on chunky monkey and all be fine ;)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2006, 09:54:48 am »
Sunshine-
The AN archive has a lot of stuff on cognitive and emotional issues following AN surgery--we all went thru this.  Suggest you do some research on your feelings, which are pretty common.  When we lose that balance system it throws us for such a loop!  We go to sleep and wake up in someone else's body.  Mine was that of an 80 year old woman! We go through and actual grief process--denial, anger, bargaining and finally acceptance.

I'm still on an anti-depressant--been on and off 'em for abot 2 1/2 years.  I find they really help.  I find I can do without them in the summer, but I really get the winter blues.

I's really important to rely on your support system both physical and cyber!

Captain Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

sunshine16

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2006, 12:06:21 pm »
thank you Capt. Deb. So far, doing good w/ out the anti depressant.  I just hope I won't need it anymore.  If I do think I l need it, I might need to try something else.

Hey Guys, I have a question, when Did you guys first travel?  I need to visit relatives in California.  And it's much easier if I fly instead of driving.  But I'm afraid I might not be able to stand being on a plane for an hour?  Not mentioning the wait in the airport?  lots of people?  Noises?  ): 

Katja

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2006, 12:28:09 pm »
HI Sunshine! Hope you are better. Anyway days comes & goes. Everyday you feel better but sometimes comes days that you just get fed up with everything. Sometimes everybody feels to be too caring for you and sometimes you might feel that enough. Something you need somebody to talk but it seems that nobody cares about you. But who cares we survive. Try some pilates, I found that it calms me down and makes me relax.
3.5cm tumor right side. Oper. Jun04 lost hearing, CSF leak oper. Sep04 & Mar05. :-*

sunshine16

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2006, 01:09:37 pm »
I hear you, Katja...............................................  One thing that keeping me strong right now is God. He is my comforter.........  I'm not sure of everyone's religion/belief/faith here but Prayers and only prayers kept me going from the hospital till here @ home. 

Ofcourse I'm grateful to my husband, family, friends, and everyone here.

Pilates?  Really?  I'll go get myself a video of it.  thanks Katja.  But for now, I'll do my walking exercise  ;)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2006, 10:54:18 pm »
*sneaks in, walks up behind sunshine, puts arms around her*

here's your daily huggle hun, but since I've been gone a couple of days, let's make it a massive bear hug!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGGLE, HUGGLE, HUGGLE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
*sneaks back out*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sunshine16

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2006, 09:21:27 am »
Thank you, Phyl..... you're silly!  It's too cold here in Vegas... My AN side starts to hurt a little.  Went for a walk, and I guess my skull didn't like tha freezing temp.  (Well, in the 40's is already freezing for me, by the way)

Maybe I'll cover it next time I go for a walk    :-\

matti

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2006, 12:57:52 pm »
Sunshine - I visited Vegas for the first time last September. It was very hot outside, so out of necessity I had to stay inside and was forced to play video poker for hours at a time.  ;)  I am awed by the Bellagio. I was thinking that I wanted to renew my wedding vows this year (our 25th) in September at the Elvis Chapel, but if it is that hot again....  When my oldest son turned 21, my husband took him to Vegas, They had a blast! My youngest will be turning 21 next year in March and we will repeat the tradition. When is the best time to come to Vegas? good weather and not so crowded.

I also find that my AN side is so much more sensitive in the cold.

Have a great day!
matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

sunshine16

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2006, 01:35:06 pm »
Hi Matti,

April or May, I think is the best time, not too hot, not too cold, and most esp.  not too crowded. 

If that is too early, around October or November should be good, too. 

I only been living here in Vegas for 1 1/2 years, so I don't have much ideas..... 

I got married Aug. 2005 here in Vegas... a little Chapel wedding.  I want to renew my wedding already........   ;)

But anyways, here is the website you can check, hope it helps...

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/

http://www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas/index.jsp

Jeanlea

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2006, 07:09:44 pm »
Sunshine,

I flew to Florida in February.  It was the first time I traveled all by myself.  (Did meet my parents and sister down there though.)  I didn't notice any particular problems.  I could hear them announce the loading of my plane.  Flying was no problem.  I did chew gum during take-off.  I also noticed that drinking water on the plane was helpful.  If you like to talk to people on the plane think about sitting in a seat with your bad ear facing the window.
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

sunshine16

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2006, 07:22:11 pm »
thank you so much Jeanlea,  this helps a lot..... 

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2006, 09:36:55 am »
Vegas!?!?!?  NOW you tell me! I need a trip out there (in warmer weather, of course)

*runs up to sunshine, grabs around body*

HUG TIME!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{huggle}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
[/size][/color]

*scoots back out!*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2006, 10:12:11 am »
sunshine, where art thou? :-*

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGGLES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
[/color][/size]