Author Topic: 3 1/2 months post op. NEED HELP/SUGGESTIONS PLS.!  (Read 17458 times)

sunshine16

Re: 3 1/2 months post op. NEED HELP/SUGGESTIONS PLS.!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 09:47:02 pm »
thank you guys, for all the help.  I promise that I will be here in good times and in not soo good times.  I'll be more than willling to help or answer anyone's question...  I know that I still have a long way to go...

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 09:50:56 pm »
sunshine, we all have a LONG way to go, but know that we all go -- walking arm in arm -- together. :)

Hang tough hun! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 02:07:55 am »
Glad to hear that you are doing better. I have fought depression since my orginal tumor was removed in 1990. I was treated for "post traumatic stress disorder"  and that greatly helped (I had a lot of pent up anger over being misdiagnosed for so long that it almost killed me) and in the years since there has been times where I have needed antidepressants and times not, dependant on the stress in my life at the time. We all have the potential to develope a chemical depression after brain surgery (the operation, opening the head up, tend to disrupt the brain's chemical and this doesn't alway rebalance and if it does it takes time).....I wish my surgeon had forwarned me of this, I thought I was cracking up! It is great if we are able to deal with the depression without "help" but it also important for everyone to know there are some people who cannot and there is help and needing treatment is not a sign of weakness! Kathleen (not that anyone here has ever implied that or anything).
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

RadiantStar

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 09:54:11 pm »
Hey Sunshine
Love your name, it's bright like you I'm sure.  I'm just 3 months out of surgery too, and I found out a lot of the advice already given about exercise  it works.  Increase the oxygen flow to your brain so it can get better, and recover.

I might add, Breathing excersises too the list as well as volunteering some of your time to a cause near and dear to you.  Mine is with animals and elderly people.  I found it hard to feel bluesy when I'm giving to some cause that is meaningful.  PLUS and most important.....love and give to yourself, get a massage, write in a journal, spend time doing things YOU love to do, whatever it is.
Heal yourself, love yourself, be good to YOU.  Hang in there!!!!!! :-*

Kathleen

Battyp

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 10:01:35 pm »
such good advice kathleen!  how are you?  I remember a lot of crying 3 mos post op major frustrations!

Michelle

sunshine16

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006, 10:47:13 pm »
AMEN....................

RadiantStar

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2006, 09:08:19 am »
Okay Battyprincess and Sunshine,

I must confess there have been times a couple of weeks ago, that I stepped in the poo, and felt a little blue.  Instead of running away from these emotions, I decided to find out what exactly they were telling me, and where in my body I felt them.  Not easy, but you can learn a lot from this.
My crying was more in the beginning after coming home, week 2 and 3 then the hard work began.

Spending time in nature, even if it's on the patio, or a balconey is really good for you.  Make yourself a little sanctuary, create a healing place and surround yourself with things that Lift your spirit up and make you smile.  listen to music, sing, dance, hum, draw whatever trips your trigger.

No more sadness ladies, smile even if it's a crooked smile, inwardly and outwardly, honest you'll feel better in no time.

Hang in there, keep on keepin on.

hhhhuuuuugggggs
Kathleen

sunshine16

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2006, 10:15:13 am »
and may I add, thinking and getting in touch with our relatives really helps, too....... Oh Yeah, watching American Idol... ha ha ha.... really!  I thought I'd give you guys a little laughter  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Battyp

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2006, 12:21:09 pm »
NO sunshine..relatives are bad (step sibiling syndrome  here  lol)  Idol is good...my step aunt wrote me yesterday to tell me she's in love with ace..cracked me up.  She's been on her own for a long time and to have her write about a hottie tottie def. made me smile.  She's the only relative I'll talk to right now.

Radiant Star..wanna join our cruise?  it's a make believe one right now unless we can get oprah to pay for it  lol

RadiantStar

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2006, 07:15:48 pm »
Hey yeah sounds like a winner to me!!!!  I'm on board, where are we going to go???!!!!  Let's sail soon, I could use a cruise to anywhere with white sandy beaches, tall fruity drinks, smell the coconut oil tanning lotion????  Let's rock!!!

All aboard

Kathleen

have you seen my big sun umbrella anywhere? LOL

who needs Oprah, with our imagination 8)

p.s. the only relative I'd take on this cruise would be my sweetie hubby, he's awesome.
sibling grrrrrrrrrr,  ;D ::) ;D ;D ;D

Battyp

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2006, 08:02:17 pm »
Our Cruise ship captain is deb she had listed some awesome ports that all had AN in them but I can't remember.  I just remember they were tropical...

We're allowing husbands to come but if you want a massage from the resident greek god which we've cast as yanni then you have to get behind us single gals  lol

we've got the cuisine of course they all have AN in them. 

We only needed oprah to pay for the actual excursion  lol

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2006, 11:44:18 pm »
sunshine, I've been quiet this past weekend as I've been with my thoughts prepping for tomorrow's CK consult.  But know this... you (and everyone here) have been on my mind all weekend!  sending you huggles to help the cause and hope you are doing ok! ;)

As for the cruise... no one is sailing out without me! I got the belly flop contests all planned for poolside! 
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Boppie

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2006, 11:05:53 am »
I'll go on the cruise as Splay Foot Dancercise instructor.  Can't you see it?   This is eighth grade stuff kids, you can do it!
;D

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2006, 01:09:58 pm »
LOL! :)

Hey sunshine!  Here's your daily hug!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGGLE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
[/color][/size]

Phyl

I'll go on the cruise as Splay Foot Dancercise instructor.  Can't you see it?   This is eighth grade stuff kids, you can do it!
;D

matti

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2006, 03:38:05 pm »
Welcome Aboard Boppie and RadiantStar. Sunshine you're coming along too! 

Guess this means we're going to have to hire more hot Greek Gods.

I have decided not to take my hubby on the cruise, because someone here needs to keep an eye on Battyprincess.  ;)

Ok Boppie, you are in charge of dANce lessons

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50