Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 770517 times)

Pattilouwho

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #3435 on: January 12, 2012, 09:10:11 am »
Well wishes and positive vibes going out to Lizzy1hoops (Liz) today - Can't wait to hear that all went well !!  We are thinking of you !!!
Surgery scheduled for 2/10/2012 - McKenna/Barker @ Mass General
 2 cm left side / 90% of hearing gone / balance isn't too bad, worse in the morning!!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3436 on: October 07, 2013, 09:11:06 am »
Yo ho ho an a bottle o' Advil!
Here she be again--ye olde good morning thread featuring the Princess Batty Wench and her crew of scallywag and wench wonkyheads! Just thought I'd bump this up in case anyone wanted to read this epic tome from the very beginnin'.  I contains the adventures of Ye Goode Shippe Princess Batty Wench as she sails the seven seas and escapes from the reality of having an AN and all the complications what come wiv them lil buggers!  Sail on PBW!

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Capt Deb 
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3437 on: October 22, 2013, 06:18:27 pm »
Well, well, well - Ahoy ye mateys.

Its been a while since master Laz has visited these fair shores. I think it's time to reserect the goode ship PBW and all the fine wenches and scalleys and set sail for them turbulent seas and some pirating we be doin.

First stop will be down under in ye olde Sydney town where Master laz's fine young daughter was married to a scalleywag that needs a bit of ship shapin.

Fist things first, we need ta sign on the crew. Captain Deb, present the crew, hoist the mainsail (or whatever), raise the anchor and lets sail this fine pirate rust bucket oops, vessel

Laz

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3438 on: November 03, 2013, 06:56:46 pm »
Ahoy Laz, me fine scurvey scallywag!

The PBW ain't sunk yet, nossir!  Specially since yer dear captain be hauntin' the actual pillagin' grounds o' Blackbeard hisself!  There be more pirate flags down here than I seen since me Caribbean plunderin' days!  Y'ud think it were "Wonkyhead City" in these parts!  Why there be a 25 foot tall pirate where Cabin Boy Dr Love takes our tenders ta keep 'em ship shape. 

Wench NancyMc even paid myself a visit--unfortunately she also brought a nor'easter wiv her so we couldn't do much playin' on the water, But she swore if she came back she'd let me take her out in the sound to get a lil' salt in her hair.  She be such a fun an' personable wench, she stands wiv an open invitation here in Blackbeard Country.

We be takin' crew positions at this time, so's if yer gots a special talent, sign up fer our next adventure out on the rollin' blue--maybe we'll pillage anover chocolate barge or capture some fine scallies or wenches fer a dip in the old phone booth!  (Ye must read this thread from the beginnin' to unnerstand them two activities!}

Farewell, Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Capt Deb

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3439 on: December 05, 2013, 10:25:11 am »
Wow, can't believe you guys are still keeping this thread going.

Glad you are though  ;D

I've been absent from the Forum for a long time now - just wasn't up to my normal activities since my dad passed in April  :'(

Hope to get all those old-timers who defected to FB back.

Where's my partner in crime, Lori???  >:D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LADavid

« Reply #3440 on: January 12, 2016, 05:20:01 pm »
I've been absent for awhile...like about 6 years.  But I'm curious.  Just how did this grand thread end and what happened to the Magic Scarf?
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3441 on: January 13, 2016, 06:28:26 am »
Hi David .....

Unfortunately this thread has been inactive for a couple of years.  With the advent of Facebook, the forum has changed from when we were a closer knit (no pun intended with Steve's hats!) community to being more informational in nature.

As you know, the forum does not notify you if someone comments on a thread you started or on which you made comments.  You have to look on "new replies to your posts."

Re:  the Magic Scarf ..... I know who had it last summer.  Not sure who has it right now.  The person who had it last summer did not check her email very frequently.  We were trying to get it to little Adrianna, but I'm not sure it made it to her.

Hope you are doing well.  Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3442 on: January 16, 2016, 07:34:06 pm »
I miss this thread. It was sooooo much fun and how the PBW came to be ... I think back on page 6 :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3443 on: September 30, 2019, 09:41:44 pm »
Hello to all the scurvy ridden scalleys and wenches.

Just checkin' in after light years away from the forum. Since I've been away, I now have a number of little'uns runnin me and Granny Laz ragged around the decks. Not doin' much swabbin' but.

Any of the ol' brigade around?

Laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

Jill Marie

« Reply #3444 on: October 01, 2019, 06:15:40 pm »
Hi Laz,  Thanks so much for bringing this thread back.  I skimmed through a few pages and enjoyed seeing the names and faces of those I saw back when I joined.  I never posted on this thread but I can see why it was so popular.  I don't see many of the old crowd, perhaps this Winter I will set up a facebook account and see if I can find some of them there. I post here when I see someone that could use some help from what I've learned over the years. I miss the friendship aspect of the board.  Take Care, Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3445 on: October 01, 2019, 09:49:29 pm »
Good to hear from you Jill. I don't use facebook and I suspect most of the old crew are there. I did receive a message from Patti UT a year ago which I unfortunately didn't get in my email account and missed it. Let's see if enough of the old crew get in touch. Hope you are pk and don't have too many residual issues. Laz
Chronologer of the PBW