Author Topic: need a NICE eye patch! beige? white? cute!  (Read 16320 times)

calimama

Re: need a NICE eye patch! beige? white? cute!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 07:24:52 am »
I don't wear glasses (unless i get a presrcip for a prism lens to help with double vision) so flat patch is not an issue. I leave my eye open under patch, just taped at night. I assume you tape the gauze (sp?) on to keep eye from opening?

Thanks for thoughts on patches. Much appreciated.

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2008, 08:04:18 am »
Trish, I know you have double vision issues, do you also have dry eye as well? My eye gets dry tired and sore - I put Refresh Celluvisc drops in and they feel great but don't last long (I put them in every 15 minutes). When I get frustrated I put a line of lacilube in it and the wet gauze feels good and helps to keep the eye closed under the patch for a wee time out. If you keep your eye open the triangle ones will work well. Apparently I have big eyeballs and can't wait till my new weight comes to see if it will help. I responded to your weight questions under the mositure chamber thread.
TTYL
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

calimama

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 05:53:30 pm »
Thanks Michelle,

My eye does not seem to dry out much. I use drops during the day, but sometimes ointment (as i was advised by opthamologist #2)...which makes my eye blurry but does not matter as i wear the patch (i sound like an ex-smoker here) for the double vision. I did use drops more in the first few weeks, but now 11 weeks out i can go for hours. I rarely feel like i "need" drops, but just try to keep up with them every few hours to be on the safe side. I will see the opthamologist again (for some testing of my DV) in early September so hoping she says my cornea is looking good despite the challenges.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences in eye patch heaven and to Steve for passing on this great site.

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.