Author Topic: OMG16 having surgery  (Read 17899 times)

Kaybo

OMG16 having surgery
« on: January 25, 2008, 05:26:44 pm »
I spoke w/ OMG16 for quite some time on the phone this afternoon(what a wonderful & encouraging lady she is!!).  She is having surgery first thing Monday morning.  (It sounds pretty intense to me.)  I asked her if she was going to post it on here and she didn't want to since it is not for AN.  I told her I thought that people would want to know and be thinking of/praying for her.  She said that it would be OK if I did it, so I'm letting everyone know!!
Good Luck OMG16 -- you in my thoughts & prayers!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

Re: OMG16 having surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:38:43 pm »
Wow.  Well, she certainly didn't let on that she had surgery coming up!  It is nice of her to be so supportive of everyone else when she clearly has a lot on her plate right now!

16 - speedy recovery to you!  You'll be in our prayers and we'll repay you all those kisses to the forehead! 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

OMG16

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 11:33:33 pm »
Thank you K, Lori and Jersey you are awsome!  I will need alot of kisses to my forehead next week so feel free to send them my way!  Until then I will send all my forum members kisses to their foreheads just because you are all so great!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 11:37:38 pm »
 :-*:-*:-*:-*:-*:-*

Hope they don't run out of kissy faces here!

Best wishes for Monday, Get Well Soon.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

OMG16

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 11:54:16 pm »
Thank you Steve for your well wishes and also for the DVR link you sent me I have read everything on there website and have learned so much.  You are a very special man to take the time out of your day to help me with this!  You are also very creative and I think I need to use your version of my screen name it made me smile.   :-*O :-*M :-*G :-*1 :-*6 :-*

Oh my goodness I think they did run out of kissy faces when I posted this.  Maybe you are only allowed so many a day.  ???
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:56:22 pm by OMG16 »
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

sgerrard

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 12:25:43 am »
That happened to me too. You have to put a space before and after each one:

:-* O :-* M :-* G :-* 1 :-* 6 :-*

Steve   ;)
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

OMG16

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 12:50:45 am »
Thanks again Steve you are a wealth of information.  Hopefully when I recover I will remember this as I am medicated right now and am having problems thinking and am falling asleep with the computer on my lap.  It is a sight to see me on the love seat with my weiner dog and chihuahua falling asleep while typing.  :-*:-* M :-*  G  :-*:-*:-*

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 07:17:01 am »
OMG16:  Having surgery is a big deal no matter what!!!   Will put positive thoughts out to the universe for you.
Keep a peaceful heart my friend,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 08:08:47 am »
*runs in, runs up to 16, gives one BIG massive healing huggle and yes, forehead smoochie........*

Onward and upward to wellness, 16.  Best wishes for a terrific outcome on Monday.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 09:45:12 am »
See, I told you people would want to know!!!!  :o)
Happy Saturday!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 12:37:57 pm »
We have a little tradition of putting our "pirate sox" on for anyone having a procedure done, so ours are on for you 16! I've got special ones with pink and black stripes--they even have matching evening gloves which I may have to don as well!  You have been such a source of inspiration for all of us here.  Best of luck to you and know we will all be thinking of you.

Be well and sail on!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

OMG16

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 01:38:22 pm »
Nancy thank you.  How are you doing?  I saw your post op pictures and you look great!  I was reading some old posts and I saw that you fight insurance companies for a living as do I.  We are work sisters!

Phyl I love your huggles and certainly enjoyed the smoochie.  I hope that you are doing well.

K you were right and I am enjoying all of the posts.  It is so heart warming and just knowing that my forum members are wishing me well makes it a little easier.

Captain Deb I have a visual of the evening gloves and pirate sox and I say wear them both.  I am experiencing some of the stress pre op that all of you have gone through.  I'm understand just a little more what it is like to have to make these decisions that can affect the quality of our lives post op.  I admire each of you more everyday!

Take care all of you and I will post after surgery when I can and will let you know what they ended up doing.   :-* 16

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 09:33:21 pm »
We are pulling for you 16! We want to know how you're doing afterwards!

Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

goinbatty

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 09:02:15 pm »
You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.  Keep us all updated.
Take care,
Sandra
1/2007 - 6 x 4.5 mm AN
8/2007 - 9 x 6 mm
CK at Georgetown 1/7/08-1/11/08; Dr. Gagnon
3/2008 - 10 x 7 mm
7/2008 - 9 x 10 x 6 mm (NECROTIC CENTER!!!!!)
5/2009 - no change/stable
4/2010 - 10 x 7 x 6 mm; stable/no change
5/2011 - 10 x 7; stable/no change
6/2012 - 8.1 x 7 mm
4/2014 - stable/no change

OMG16

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 07:58:23 pm »
I thought I would post a short message to let all of you know that I made it through surgery and am recovering at home now.  I will post more when I am feeling up to it.  Now it is time for a nap.  Thank you everyone for your posts, prayers, hugs and kisses.
 :-*:-*:-*:-* 1 :-*:-*
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:02:27 pm by OMG16 »