Author Topic: Pet Therapy  (Read 23250 times)

hawk

• My boys and my dog keep me balanced
Re: Pet Therapy
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2008, 04:32:25 pm »
I am going to go out and get that book from the library.  Isn't Dean Koontz the author of "Cujo"?  We should start a book reading club
Mark Anderson(hawk)
Acoustic Neuroma Removed, March of 1997 and May of 1998: gold weight inserted in 1997 and removed in 1998. Underwent a Gunderson Flap procedure on left eye, and fitted with a prosthetic shell.  Underwent a 7-9 nerve surgery.

Battyp

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:15 pm »
Cujo was written by Stephen King. He was a bad dog! If we are thinking of the same book.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2008, 04:44:02 pm »
OK, Folks, Sadie St. John is being adopted on Monday Jan 21st--that is a week from today! I already have the crate set up in the living room and the bed in the laundry basket (the crib) and the food bowls and toys. I'm leaving my nice oriental rug down for now--I figure I'll get to her quick enough--the rest of our house is hardwood floors.  I'm feeding her Eukanuba.  You can just kick the doo-doo right out the door with that stuff! I'll post a pic or two when we get her.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2008, 07:14:17 pm »
Sadie and I will have a puppy milk bone together to celebrate.  My birthday is Jan 23.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

lori67

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2008, 07:42:16 pm »
Nah, I don't think anyone would call "Cujo" a feel good book!  The other one Sue mentioned, Marley and Me, is really good too!  Get 'em both while you're at the library - it won't take you long to get through the other one, but you'll like it. 

Now if I could just get my dog to earn a living....

Happy Birthday season Anne Marie.  My dog's 3rd birthday is on the 19th.  Her "gotcha day" isn't until March, but we celebrate both!

One week and counting til Sadie's gotcha day!
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Obita

« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2008, 08:36:54 pm »
Hi there Captain and everyone!

I have been outta the loop for a while and just spotted this thread.......................

I am sooooooo excited for you Deb and Dr. Love.  I love Sadie's name and she is cuter than cute!  I ran across Sadie the Goat while doing a little genealogy research
on one of my crazy, irish ancestors.  Sadie got around, she did.  She created quite a stir up and down the Hudson River too. 

I will be checking in Monday for pictures!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

marg

« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2008, 08:42:32 pm »
Capt. Deb.... I'll be looking for pictures on Monday too. 
Marg
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2008, 03:36:44 pm »
Sadie is indeed named after a lady pirate! Sadie the Goat indeed plundered and pillaged the Hudson River area, not the Carolinas as I had previously thought. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Street_Gang

Miss Anne Bonney and Mary Reade were the notorious Caribbean and Spanish Main plunderers, but Dr Love liked the name Sadie, so it stuck!

Capt Deb

Static

« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2008, 05:45:52 pm »
All  this puppy talk had me looking for puppies again.  I think my husband is gonna kick me out soon!  Roxy had her check up since her spay last week and she is doing great!  Hawk, Dean Koontz also has a golden and he wrote another good book about a golden call "Watchers".  That book you won't want to put down!  He also has a new book out about someone who rescues goldens called "Darkest Evening of the Year" which I just started reading.  Back to your adoption Deb, January 21st is the 4th anniversary of my AN surgery!  Give her lots of hugs and kisses from me and the Golden Girls of PA  ;)
~Karen 
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2008, 06:35:54 am »
Lady Sadie is coming home!  YAY!!!!!

*does Snoopy happy dance around office..... trips over own foot*

dang it!  :P

I know many birthdays next week... happy (early) bday Anne Marie! :)  (and to all others celebrating!)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2008, 08:38:33 pm »
Thanks Phyl, I can't believe this one has come so quickly!!! 

My oldest son is sooooooo allergic to animals.  We could never have a dog.  Maybe in a few yrs when he is married.  My husband would love a dog. 

Happy Sadie day :-* Capt Deb.  Is the house puppy proofed?

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2008, 05:44:14 pm »
Puppy proofed and ready to go! I've made about 15 toys from old socks, tennis balls, and jeans legs.  Plus I got some puppy kong things that you squirt stuff into and stuff treats into. Also there's a giant cage in my itty bitty living room.  Looks like a zoo. Sadie and I will both fit in the cage if things get out of hand for Dr Love.  I want to crate train her so I can do a bit of traveling with her and take her to visit people that are allergic to dogs, like my poor daughter-in-law who has sneezing fits if she gets near a dog.

I'm so excited! Tomorrow's the day!

Capt Deb

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2008, 07:25:42 am »
I'm excited for you!  All of Sadie's siblings are gonna be so jealous that she got the best home and the best Mom and Dad.  They'll all want to visit!  Poor daughter-in-law.....................take her Puffs for her nose!  I couldn't imagine being allergic to the best therapy in the world!
Can't wait to see the coming home pictures!

Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Static

« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2008, 07:31:11 pm »
Where are the puppy pictures?  I betcha Deb can't stop playing with Sadie long enough to post a picture!  I know that's what I'd be doing!  It was so cold here last night, hubby and I had both dogs in bed with us and usually it gets too hot for them with both of us in the bed but they were snuggled in close!  Although, during the day the crazy critters can't stay outside long enough and they just lay there in the yard like it's 80 degrees!  They're crazy I tell ya!  I love 'em so much though!  I'd get a whole pack of 'em if I could!  The more the merrier is what I say!  Well Deb, I hope you, Dr Love and Sadie are a big happy family.  Give her hugs and snuggles from us.  May she take all of your headaches away, forever and ever  ;) :-* :) :)
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2008, 02:43:31 pm »
OK, Folks, here she is! Miss Sadie St John all her chocolaty glory!

Didn't get much sleep last night, but she took to the crate beautifully and has even taken tennis balls and stashed them in there. Had a big adventure today and walked her out to a big open field and had her first real outdoor run! Run! Run! Run! Then crashed out in Dr Love's armpit:

Of course I got all goofy when we first brought her home and dressed her up as what else......

Please don't report me to the ASPCA!

Capt Deb