Author Topic: Pet Therapy  (Read 23254 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Pet Therapy
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2008, 02:56:11 pm »
Oy veh! What a shana punum is right... you have a shana punun as well, Deb! :-*  Ladie Sadie is a cutie-patootie! Mazel Tov! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2008, 04:59:01 pm »
Attention all you puppy-holics! This is the cutest video that Dr Love found on Youtube! A choccie-dog pup in "When a Puppy Attacks!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zn8m8T-2_Ns

I know this one will brighten anyone's bad day!

Capt Deb
PS I may need some new pirate sox after this pup's grown!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 05:08:39 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

lori67

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2008, 06:25:31 pm »
He sounds downright ferocious, doesn't he??   :D

Just don't wear any Milk Bone underwear.  Those puppy teeth hurt!!   :o

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2008, 11:17:36 pm »
Capt Deb -

love the pictures of Sadie.  What a beauty.  Great name, too.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

marg

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2008, 02:52:06 pm »
Cap. Deb ...... what a beautiful little lady.  I wouldn't get anything done if she was at my house...... we would play too much  ;D
marg
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2008, 03:23:04 pm »
SUCH A FACE !!!    Congratulations Capt. Deb on your new adoption !!!!!
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2008, 02:59:10 pm »
I'm just going nuts nesting.  Dr Love is outside building the best doggie deck in the world and I'm rearranging and puppy proofing the living room. We've decided to do the wire crate thing. We tried an airline crate with Ursa and she hated it, but we got her when she was older and she was pretty housetrained already and not a chewer. I already know this pup is gonna end up sleeping in the bed with us, but what the heck, I'll try the crate till she learns to poo outdoors! The due date is Jan 21! That's when we pick her up. Thanks for all your encourangement you folks. I was really apprehensive at first, but all these dog stories and personal anecdotes have really reassured me that I'm doing a good thing for myself, Dr Love and this pup. What's a family without a dog, after all?

Capt Deb

hawk

• My boys and my dog keep me balanced
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2008, 06:14:39 pm »
hello captain deb.

looks like you are getting a pup.  i have a two year golden retriever.  i started riding a bike after 10 years because of him.  i haven't been on a bike for 10 years.  he rides next to me with my hand on his leash gripping the handle bars.  he is able to keep me balanced during my ride.  we stay on the sidewalk of course, but it has been a great bond.  we were able to go out for a short ride today.  60 degree's here in Chicago.  Thunderstorms rolling in as i type.  good luck with everything.
Mark Anderson(hawk)
Acoustic Neuroma Removed, March of 1997 and May of 1998: gold weight inserted in 1997 and removed in 1998. Underwent a Gunderson Flap procedure on left eye, and fitted with a prosthetic shell.  Underwent a 7-9 nerve surgery.

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2008, 06:57:52 pm »
Wow, Hawk, looking at your sig line you have been through a lot! Congrats on getting on your bike again after 10 years.  Mine's hanging in the garage collecting dust! I live in a mountainous rural area--no sidewalks here! Treacherous riding even with good balance and hearing. I'm thinking of the Cesar Millan-type rollerblades for the park--there is a paved path there. Yeehaw!

Capt Deb
PS What is a Gunderson flap?

lori67

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2008, 07:54:28 pm »

PS What is a Gunderson flap?

That's what Nancy and I said!  See the topic under, strangely enough, Gunderson Flap.  It's really interesting.  It amazes me that there are doctors out there smart enough to come up with these procedures.

Mark, I think if I tried to ride my bike while holding onto my golden - I'd wind up in Chicago (and I live in Nashville!).  She'll be 3 on the 19th of this month, and very much a puppy in some ways.  Wish i had half as much energy as she does!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2008, 01:53:33 pm »
Congrats on the new baby girl, Cap't Deb!  She's a keeper, that one.  I can smell her puppy breath waaaaay over here in Vancouver, WA!  I've recommended this book before, but all you doggy lovers, if you haven't already read this, get yourself a copy of Marley and Me by John Grogan.  Read it, read it, read it.  I can't recommend this book highly enough!  It was on the best seller list for months.  You'll laugh, you'll cry.  Mostly, you'll laugh.

The only pup we have around here is of the wild variety.  This past week a coyote has been hanging around the neighborhood.  I have a picture of him in our backyard.  I'll have to figure out how to get it on here.

Sue in Vancouver

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2008, 02:02:20 pm »

Crikey, it worked!  Thanks for the hint to use Photo Bucket.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2008, 02:16:30 pm »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Capt Deb

Static

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2008, 02:34:20 pm »
Lori,
I finally got that copy of "Life is Good" byTrixie and Dean Koontz and it really is a feel good type of book.  Good for anyone to read, kids, adults, just about anyone!  It's very easy reading, but the pictures and the dogs thoughts, it's really great!  As I was reading it, I was thinking to myself, that's exactly something my golden would do!  Thanks so much for recommending that one to me!  Capt, aren't you getting that baby soon?
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

lori67

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2008, 04:06:19 pm »
Karen, I knew you'd like it! 
Sue, I love the coyote picture.  My in-laws get them in their back yard in AZ every now and then, but I've never gotten to see one.  Every time I hear their dog barking in the middle of the night when we're there, I get up to look and see if there's one back there, but no luck yet.  We don't have any good wildlife here.  Although we did have a snake in the front yard last summer.  I don't think that counts though.

Deb, did ya' get the puppy yet?  The wait is killing all of us!

Lori