Author Topic: quick one  (Read 7311 times)

Static

Re: quick one
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 09:17:51 pm »
Thank you very much for the explanations.  You learn something new every day and if I would have read this earlier, I could have learned my new thing and went back to bed!  I had such a bad headache this afternoon, that's exactly what I felt like doing but then I never would have learned about blood pressure today and I always did wonder what those numbers meant.  Now I just have to remember.  I have learned so many new things from this forum, I wonder how many college credits I can get from it  ;)
Lorenzo, that online instructor that 4 mentioned sounds like something worth looking into.  There should be the same percentage of good people in the world as there are on this forum.  We could all live in a much better place  :)  Cheers to all  :) :)
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Lorenzo

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 04:12:40 am »
HI you all,

Thanks 4 for the links and suggestions! I'll get back to you on that. :)  Apologies for getting you addicted to Peets! Terribly sorry, but at least it's better than Starbucks!  lol  Now, I wonder if they would franchise it to this part of the world??  lol  Then I could turn my passion into a profession, barrista. Actually, I already have. I've had an espresso machine at home for the past 3 years, but no need for sending beans, thanks. I have a plentyful supply of the next best thing, capsules of some of the best coffee one can get from Nespresso. Excellent. And anyway, with this machine I can only use capsules, no loose grind. Advantage and disadvantage. BUT, it's goooood coffee!  :)

I found this forum incredibly helpful, and not just for all matters related to ANs, but all sorts of stuff. PLUS, I made some amazing friends here, some very good friends, which all goes well beyond anything to do with ANs - nevertheless it all forms part of our rehabilitation.  How much so only came to light at my recent mini-meltdown at college. Without my close friends I don't know how well I would feel right now. Yes, we came out with disabilities, but I have also gained so much from the experience. It's amazing to just see the changes in me and what they bring to my life. Not all are positive, but mostly I feel much better and complete than I have for a very long time.

Hey Lori, good news about your espresso maker! Slurp!  :)

Karen, I'll look into the online thing for myself. Meanwhile, we are living in a better place. I know my world has improved a lot!

Ciao a tutti, Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 04:08:57 pm »
Oh gang, I hate to admit it but I am a starbucks gal- french roast at Costco from my espresso machine at home. (so horrible suburbian, huh?) I always found the peets to be too strong or a slightly burnt taste for me, I don't know why, I guess it's just my taste buds...

As for beads and girls showing their wares- reminds me of college days! Happy Mardi Gras ALL! WOO HOO!

Annie

Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 09:05:01 pm »
And you're an amazing friend my dear Lorenzo!  Who ever knew rehab could be so fun! ;)

Peets with you and S was fun and most tasty, but I've always been a small buisness patron.  Yea for Kona Kai!!!! 

Kathleen
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 02:09:04 pm »
Welcome back to the forum, Lorenzo dear, and sorry you are having BP and workplace issues.  Great to hear that the dreaded AN f#%&$er is croaked! The Headache Wiz took me off the caffeine, too, but I adjusted to Decaf World quite easily. Believe me you will live. Plus there's lots of good BP lowering stuff to eat, too. Spinach! Blueberries! Yummy!

I've been afflicted with Raynaud's ever since I stupidly moved back to where there is winter.  I keep telling Dr Love that I have a tropical body and we need to move back to where there is no winter at least part of the year, but that ain't cheap. I'm higher maintenance than I used to be I reckon.

On the subject of them beads. I got trunkloads of 'em. Guess why?

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Lorenzo

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 03:08:11 pm »
HI Deborah, :)  I am used to decaf already. 85% of my coffee intake was decaf already, so a small switch to make really. Spinach? Ah. Blueberries I have already. Ok, good. thanks. Weird, I long for a proper winter with snow, and couldn't take the tropical heat I don't think. But then, it's what one is used to I guess. I grew up in mountains, so...
I won't hazzard a guess as to why you would have trunk loads of beads. far from me to have any such thoughts and insights!
:)
Ciao
Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.