Author Topic: sad news  (Read 15528 times)

Lorenzo

sad news
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:14:59 am »
hi all,
one of our members here, Windsong, has sadly passed away on Monday 24th, from a long standing non-AN related problem. She was a very good and dear friend of mine and she will be sadly and terribly missed. I thought you should all know – we all lost a great friend.
Lorenzo
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 12:38:22 am by Lorenzo »
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: sad news
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 12:19:31 am »
Lorenzo,
Please accept my deepest sympathy.  I am so sorry for your loss and our loss of Windsong.
Godspeed.

Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Lorenzo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 12:26:52 am »
thank you brenda.
doing great now.

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 12:45:37 am »
Lorenzo I'm still in shock. Very sad indeed!
Big Hugs to all!

marg

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 01:02:26 am »
Oh Lorenzo,
     I'm so sorry you lost a close friend........we will miss her forum messages.   I can't tell you how sad I feel.
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 03:02:52 am »
Lorenzo:  I don't know what to say....  My heart goes out to you....  May Windsong rest in peace...    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

MLB57

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 03:46:00 am »
Dear Lorenzo--I am saddened to hear of the passing of your dear friend Windsong... I am still in my fifties and only take a blood pressure med and have rt neck muscle issues due to surgery but your post made me realize that many of us AN survivors may have many other life-threatening health issues to deal with as well... I can't imagine having other major issues..  My heart truly goes out to those who have multiple health issues as dealing with the AN stuff is enough!! I am thru half of my 30 FSR for a growing AN (supposedly all removed Jan 2001, but it wasn't) 1 cm rt AN and this seems to consume my life right now...  Again, pls accept my deepest sympathy to you and Windsong's family..   Sincerely, Mary from MA
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

Raydean

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 04:22:07 am »
Dear Lorenzo

In reading Windsong's postings one could clearly see her compassion and caring, her vast knowledge of AN issues and her love of life.  Her positive approach to life clearly shine thru her postings.  We were all very lucky to have her as a forum member and you were very lucky and blessed to have her as a good friend . 

Windsong's passing is a huge loss for the forum, but especiallly to those that knew her best and were the closest to her.  Lorenzo, I am so sorry.  In the days to come, especially on the hardest days please re read her messages to you and know that her friendship and caring for you remains.

Hugs
Raydean   
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Lorenzo

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 06:59:58 am »
thank you all so much, it means a lot.
doing great now.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 08:04:03 am »
I'm speechless ... she will be greatly missed .... :'(
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

matti

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 08:57:03 am »
Lorenzo - I am so sorry for your loss, I know you and Windsong were very close. She will be greatly missed, as she been such an inspiration and a guiding force for all in need.

God Bless you Windsong

Hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 10:19:47 am »
Though we may never meet our AN cyber friends in person, when we communicate with them on an almost daily basis they become almost like family members. Actually more than family members because I "talk" to you guys more than I talk to my own family members sometimes! You get me. When one of us passes it is a huge loss for all of us, more so for the ones who've been close on a daily basis.
My heart goes out to Lorenzo and others in Windsong's family.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 10:27:22 am »
Lorenzo,

I have talked to Windsong several times on the phone.  She lived less than an hour from me.  We were trying to arrange  a meeting.  She referred me to Dr Rutka because she was astounded at the run around I got from my ENT and Neurosurgeon.   Inara, Windsong sent me pictures of her and her son on Sept 9th.  She was a very beautiful lady inside and out.  I cannot believe she is gone.  She spoke very highly of you.  I know she had some other health issues.  I just sent her a private message last night asking her if she was well.  I noticed she wasn't posting any messages.  My heart is very heavy.  Was her passing unexpected?  I would like to send her son my condolences.  If you have her address please send me a private message.   

To the rest of the people on this forum, we have lost a very intelligent and caring lady.  She was very soft spoken, very witty and very compassionate.  I know she is in a better place, but I feel her work here on earth wasn't finished.  Please pray for her son and family.  Loosing a mother at any age is terrible.  I'm talking from experience, I lost my mom at 8 yrs of age. 

I will miss you Windsong..........what a beautiful name.  I will always remember you.  Lorenzo, I share your grief. 

God Bless you Windsong.

Your friend,
 Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Mark

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 10:39:01 am »
Lorenzo,

Like everyone else, I'm stunned and saddened by the news about Windsong. As others have said, you could tell from her posts that she was a very caring and compassionate person. My heart goes out to her family.

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

Lorenzo

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 10:40:33 am »
Thanks again all. Indeed, she was more than family to me. She was much closer through all this AN business than all of my family members put together. But not just that, she was part of my day, we had so much in common, we shared so much, She WAS family, much more so than the 'real' family. A true friend like I never had before. We do get close when we become cyber friends and the loss is huge to me, as I am sure it is to others.

Lorenzo
doing great now.