Author Topic: sad news  (Read 15483 times)

Lorenzo

Re: sad news
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2007, 11:52:27 pm »
Yes Patti, I do know she touched a lot of people, that's why I posted here to let everybody know; I'm glad I did. She meant a lot to many, probably more than she could have imagined. I was fortunate to be in close contact with her so I had the chance to tell how much her friendship meant to me. I hope many of you had the same chance and took it. She was extraodinary, and looking at this thread, I think she still is and always will be. She will not be forgotten, her life and spirit live on.

A big thank you to Windsong for her life and her sharing it with us.

with much love and affection,

Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Lorenzo

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2007, 01:02:46 am »
for all of those that never met Inara in person or had never seen her, here she is in a recent image. Her son kindly gave me permission to post this. I thought some of you might like to know what she looked like.

Perfect image of her.

doing great now.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2007, 04:55:47 am »
Lorenzo,

She was beautiful on the outside as well as on the inside.

Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Lorenzo

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2007, 05:38:35 am »
Yes she was Brenda.  :)
doing great now.

Denisex2boys

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 08:34:39 am »
I am so sorry for your and her families loss!  Rest in peace Windsong ..... she looks so young in that picture!  Life is so unfair sometimes - and I know - since I am newly diagnosed with this darned AN and awaiting treatment - this really puts everything into perspective  ........ that as scary and bad as an AN may be - they are thank goodness benign and there are so many more people in this world going through devastating illnesses.

((((HUGS)))) to you Lorenzo ....
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2007, 09:49:35 am »
I don't think there's a person on this forum that Windsong didn't at one time send a personal message to when they were hurting or having a rough time of it. I know she helped me hang in there when I came back to the forum after leaving the old listserve when my headaches were peaking and I didn't know what to do.  The ongoing comments on this thread are proof that this forum is such  an incredible source of strength, hope, and support for all of us and the passing of one of our beloved family members saddens us all. I don't know what we'd do without this support system.

We will miss you Windsong--Thank you Lorenzo for the picture--It is so good to put a beautiful face with her beautiful name.

Capt Deb

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Lainie181818

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2007, 10:05:00 am »
Hi Lorenzo,
My heart goes out to you and windsong's family. She looked so vibrant and young, hopefully that is the way you will remember her.
Lainie.

Lorenzo

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2007, 02:54:49 pm »
beautiful words from all of you, thank you again. I appreciate your posts here, and I'm sure the family will find comfort in reading them too. Indeed that is the way I will always remember her, smiling, fun, full of life, full of kindness, and a great sense of humour!
doing great now.

chelsmom

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2007, 03:03:33 pm »
Dear Lorenzo,

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of such a beautiful person, Windsong.  May she rest in peace.  That's a darling picture of her.  I'm glad to be able to put a face with her name.  Thank you and her family for sharring it with us.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.    Michelle

Obita

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2007, 08:05:47 am »
Thank you to Windsong's family and Lorenzo for posting her picture.  This thread is a fitting tribute to
a beautiful lady, inside and out.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2007, 09:11:31 pm »
Sorry to hear of Windsongs passing...

As someone who deals with other issues I have become more aware of my imortality... people
around me think about the AN and it's removal and forget I have lupus which is invisible to
most besides myself but more of a danger for me

Thoughts and prayers to all her friends and family
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

marg

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2007, 10:41:12 pm »
You're right Soundy,  People hear 'brain tumor' and don't realize a lot of other things can be going on too.  I have 2 friends with lupus .... and it is a 'silent' awful disease.  I hope you have more good days than bad.
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

sgerrard

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2007, 11:20:21 am »
Lorenzo, I did not know Inara as you did, but I have enjoyed her vibrant posts in this forum as Windsong. It is sad to hear she has passed away. I think you have found a brilliant picture of her to post, to help us all remember her well.

I hope you manage to deal with your grief. Weep for her loss; then find new energy and start a new page of your life. In addition to her posts, I appreciate your contributions to this forum (especially as you are a designer, not another techno-geek like me). I hope you will continue to be a part of this forum, perhaps carrying her torch forward in your own way.

I'm with Arushi, let us celebrate the spirit of this wonderful person. And here is a gentle hug for you, should the emotions of the event overwhelm you.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jill Marie

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2007, 02:43:42 pm »
Lorenzo,  I'm so sorry to hear Windsong is no longer with us!  I know she made hundreds of posts that eveyone can re-read to remind them of their friendship with her.  I'm posting 2 that she posted on a thread called the "Brighter Side of Life," in hopes that your reading what she wrote will make you and others close to her feel better.  Thanks for posting her picture as I can now see her driving down the road in her blue Firebird!  Jill

Hi Jill,

I'm glad that you began this post.
The day i read it I had just come back from being at my summer shack where i relaxed and loved the blue flowers blooming... forget-me-knots. ...On my way home I thought about them and then thought about how even a memory of one happy experience visualized years later,  can increase endorphins and make one feel better..... then i came here and clicked on and read your post.... all of that  was a positive uplifting thing.

Thanks,
Windsong

am remembering a carefree day, zooming up the empty highway in Arizona to Sedona, radio on in a blue firebird, sun shining, sky so blue, space all around me, and the sounds of "Music Box Dancer" and then Blondie belting out "Heart of Glass" which had a great beat to it even if i don't recall the lyrics...lol... first trip there in '79...loved it....could see forever....
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Lorenzo

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2007, 10:13:01 pm »
HI Steve, the emotions of the event have overwhelmed me. And still do. So thanks for the kind words and the gentle hug. I know I will be part of this group, and I know she would have liked to be too. I think she'd be happy to see all this and the bond that exists between all of us.

Hi Jill Marie, I didn't see those posts. Both posts you picked have so much meaning for me. The forget me nots which I will plant now in our garden in her memory; I've been trying to find something suitable to plant and I couldn't think, those are perfect. The bluebird, well, she talked about that time of her life a lot and she mentioned music she listened too, and I ended up downloading some for myself then and rediscovered a musician I had forgotten since college days! Plus, her son remembers that time with incredible fondness, so if he reads this he will be touched I am sure.

Seeing her words there just bring it all back to me, thanks Jill...

Steve, not to worry, the emotions are well and alive.

Ciao, Lorenzo
doing great now.