Author Topic: Adrian's Update  (Read 19355 times)

marg

Re: Adrian's Update
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 10:25:59 pm »
Hurray ... now on the road to recovery.  I am so glad for both of you.  Amazing that you are home in less than a week.  All I can say is WOW !.
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

mema

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 05:35:54 am »
Sam and Adrian,                                                                                                                               

So happy to hear you are already home.  Please take it easy and get a much needed rest, both of you. 
Prayers coming your way for a  wonderful, easy recovery.  M. mentioned a few of us getting together when Adrian's up to it.                                                                                                                               

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

hendi51

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 05:45:14 am »
So glad he's home Sam. Hope every thing continues to well for you and Adrian.
My husband had translab 3/15/2011 for 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm left side AN at
Methodist University Hospital in
Memphis, Tn

Mary 117

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 11:15:04 am »
So glad to hear you are home and everything went as well as possible. Don't overdue it for a while. There's nothing to prove, so just rest, recover and let others help! Sending postive thoughts to you!

Mary
2cm Middle fossa, HEI, Dr. Brackmann  05-24-05
2cm x 1.5cm AN, Middle Fossa, Dr. Brackmann  05/24/05
Mild hearing loss, mild facial weakness, no balance issues

"well behaved women seldom make history"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 01:42:26 pm »
Hi, Sam:

Thanks for the update.  We really appreciate it.  You had us a bit worried there...for a while, anyway.  Now, all is right with the world.

No apology is needed on your part for not posting sooner as you certainly had more important things to do.  :)

Yes, the lengthy surgery must have been stressful (to put it mildly) and the long night in the NICU with Adrian suffering through incubation is probably one of the worst nights either of you have had, or will have, but I can assure you that it will soon become nothing but an unpleasant memory that you'll hardly ever recall - or want to.  That's how my ICU experience seems to me, now, 15 months later. 

That Adrian is home and apparently 'chomping at the bit' (to get back to his normal activities) is wonderful news.  I was sleepy my first few days at home, but I soon was anxious to get back to normal living....and I did.  With your love and support, I know Adrian will, too.  Wish him all the best for me....and take care of yourself, too, young lady.  :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 01:45:07 pm »
I, too, am so happy Adrian is in his own home and recovering so quickly.  He must have set a new land speed record for microsurgery to his own bed!  I'm amazed at how fast it was.  Take care,

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Windsong

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 03:02:12 pm »
Fabulous news! So happy to hear that Adrian and you are back home! Wishing  Adrian fast healing , too.  :) All the best,

windsong

Samantha n Adrian

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 05:54:25 pm »
Adrian is resting in the bed at the moment and has been doing well today. :) He had a rough day yesterday with pain but was SOOOOO happy to be back home!

Thank you again all for everything. What an absolutely amazing group of people we have had the chance to meet through this experience. I read about some talking of how we would not know each other if we saw each other on the street and I know we have a picture up but it is tiny on my screen so thought I would post a large picture of us, as well as an after picture of Adrian in the hospital. I also have a picture of his battle wound which to me looks great, but will only send to those who request it in a personal message.... in case some have sensitive stomachs.  ;)

For those of you who would like to share photos and do not know how, go to www.photobucket.com you can upload them for free and they give you the code to paste on the forums. REAL easy stuff! :)

I look forward to meeting you all through photos!  ;D

xox
Sam~
Age 35/ 4cm AN right side, Transpetrosal aproach, 9/6/07
Dr. Loren Bartels - Otolaryngology & partner Dr. Christopher Danner
Dr. Harry van Loveren - Neurosurgeon & partner Dr. Levine
Dr. David Samuels - Anesthesiologist
Tampa General Hopital, Tampa FL
These guys re-assembled Humpty Dumpty!

linnilue

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 06:10:19 pm »
You two make a beautiful couple and this health crisis has shown that you two do it well, together.  You're amazing in the ways you support each other.  I have to say, it is a rare young couple who could go through something like this with such fortitude.  Watching the way that you two operate (no pun intended) sets an example for us all to examine our own relationships and ask ourselves, "do we do it this well?"  You are very fortunate to have each other and if I were your parents, I would be so very proud of you.  My hope for the two of you is to get through this, put it in the past and be able to live your lives with the same gusto and love that you have already shown each other.  BRAVO...Holly 
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2007, 07:13:17 pm »
Sam,

Please send me Arian's photo.  I was told I'm going to need my facial nerve removed and a nerve grafted.  I have a facial neuroma and radiation treatment is out of the question. 

You and Sam make an amazing couple.  Wishing Sam a speedy recovery.  Take good care of him Sam.  Make sure he gets his rest.  I went back to work too soon last year after Ihad my fisrt surgery.

Anne Marie

P.S.  I will be in Largo in Feb, is that near you?
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Battyp

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2007, 08:18:59 pm »
Sam thanks for sharing the pics.  Adrian looks great. You two make such a cute couple...when's the wedding?

Hugs M

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2007, 09:00:14 pm »
Sam -

thanks for the update on Adrian; sounds like he's doing well.  Thanks for the pictures also.  You two make a beautiful couple.   ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2007, 03:43:26 pm »
Okay, you guys win the "Couple Of The Year" award from me!  You both have won the lottery - you have each other.  Yeah, we all wanna come to the wedding!   ;)

Huggles,

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2007, 04:38:55 pm »
I'm so glad to see some postie photos!  He looks great for 15 hours!  You guys just have the right attitude about this...keep it up, and lean on us when you need to.  It's life changing, but it can make for even better relationships....I know my other half made it through this with me, we can do anything! 

Many hugs!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

robynabc

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2007, 05:06:05 pm »
Hi Sam,

I just want you to know i completely understand how hard the wait is. As much as I know how hard this is for the people going through it,  it seems as hard for the loved ones.  My youngest Baby.    That was the hardest for me.  And Eric's first night out of surgery.  Eric's surgery was 13 hours.  Talking about it is still hard for me. In fact I cry when I talk about it.  :'(  Our doctors told us to wait at home because they knew it would be hard for us to wait at the hospital.  They were great and called us about every 2 hours.  Everytime they went a little over 2 hours I would have alot of anxiety.   Then they would call and tell us things were going well. 

Eric's tumor was as large or actually larger than Adrians.  Isn't it amazing that they both went home after 5 days!  Even though it doens't happen every time,  this illistrates the importance of really good doctors.  I am so happy for you both.  Sam,  I completely know what you are going through.  One of the hardest issues for us was that look they give you because they had brain surgery and the steroids.   It wasn't our same old Eric and we were worried the old Eric wouldn't come back.  But the doctor assured us this is temporary and it was.  I am so happy for you both and even though I don't know you personally we will always have a bond. I am a different person and understand parents that have children with serious illness.  In my view,  this is why we are all here, to help each other. 

You really are an adorable couple.

Have to go,  am crying.  (Don't worry they are tears of joy) 

Love and Peace,

Robyn
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 07:20:50 pm by robynabc »
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.