Author Topic: Calling all Pirate Sock and wishes for Chet and Raydean!  (Read 36172 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Calling all Pirate Sock and wishes for Chet and Raydean!
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2007, 11:36:17 am »
Raydean.... you know how to find me... I'm here. :-*

MAJOR huggles.
All our love,
Phyl and Iain and Beanie
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Dealy

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2007, 11:51:14 am »
Raydean- I guess I missed this thread but I am here now. This AN thing has increased my faith and now am VERY religious. I will pray for you and CHet. My wife always tells me it is just as hard on the spouse as it is on the one going through the trials. You and Chet are in my prayers every day from now on. I came from another smaller site and their is a couple where he not only had an AN-he also developed a Lymphoma. Heard from her yesterday he is doing better. I realize you cannot answer every e-mail. Your time is with Chet now. Best Wishes- Ron

redgrl

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2007, 01:44:47 pm »
Raydean-
I am so sorry about the news.  :'( You and chet are in my thoughts and prayers Big Hugs and kisses!  :-*
4 cm left side AN. Translab Sept 20th 06 at virginia mason w/Dr. Backous & Dr. Nussbaum. Second surgery Oct 15th 06 to repair CFS leak.

Static

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2007, 02:03:32 pm »
Raydean,
Sorry to hear the news.   I know you'll be sure to get Chet the best care he can get!  You are such a wonderful person.  My thoughts and prayers are with you both now and always!
Hugs from PA,
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

shoegirl

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 10:54:03 pm »
Raydean,

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.  Please take care. 

Suzanne
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Obita

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 05:00:12 pm »
Dear Raydean and Chet:

You have always taken care of everyone of us on this forum.  Your kindness has always come through loud and clear.  Now, it is our turn to be there for you.

My heart is heavy after hearing the news.  May God give you strength and may He keep Chet comfortable through his treatments.

A friend in Minnesota, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 07:25:58 pm »
Dear Raydean and Chet,

You know I am supporting you 1000%, if that's possible!  Take care of yourself along with Chet.

Hugs and love,

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 10:09:25 am »
I'm sending huggles and love and thoughts and prayers and wishes.... here for you.  I know you know it.

xoxoxoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2007, 05:33:33 pm »
Chet, Raydean, and Family,

Thinking of you today and sending deep prayers and warm "huggles" your way today.

Capt Deb and Eric
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2007, 06:03:58 pm »
Hello all....Raydean is working tirelessly on getting things set up and comfortable for Chet, took him to the radiologist today and then he's off to Seattle tomorrow to have a biopsy done on the spot on his lung.  I'm sure we'll have a chemo/radiation schedule soon.  They've got the wheelchair ramp installed, and are getting other things around the home done to cope with his lack of balance.   When Chet's in for treatment, we can all wear our socks and pirate gear and send mental messages to "shrink" all at the same time.  For those of you that know the special dance for that, get outside and do it!!!!   :D

Hugs!

Kathleen
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Raydean

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2007, 06:22:07 pm »
Thank you for all of your hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, they are much appreciated.  Over the weekend we had a ramp made for the two stairs, and a shower grab bar installed.  I've a prescription for a hospital bed and wheelchair that Amy will check out for me.  Today we met with the radiation Doctor.  Treatment will start Wendsday. 3 this week 3 next week then 4 the following week.  Had the face mask done today.  He'll have proton, 30 gy over ten treatments, whole brain.  This we have to travel to Lacey for, (far side of Olympia).  The chemo will be done closer to home.  We live in the boon docks. A trip to Seattle is pretty much a whole day thing.  Olympia is an hour one way with good traffic.  Forget Seattle it never has good traffic.    This is made worse by the fact I'm not allowed to drive due to a vision problem.  Amy is trying to work something out with the college but so far they don't quite get it. I'd be lost without her right now.

Tommorrow we head back to Seattle for a lung biospy to confirm what we allready know.  Sometime in the next 2 weeks we'll meet with the chemo doctor and get that set up, to follow radiation.  It's hoped that the radiation will help to reduce the balance and neuro  problems  which will greatly improve his quality of life. At this point someone must be with him  at all times.

We have our grandson who is Poppa's best buddy talking to the school counselor.  He's holding things in (alot like his Poppa). 

It's really overwhelming so much to think about and do,  We're all exhausted.  Chet is taking 4 mg 4x daily of decatron and still sleeping.

Again thank you for all of your support, it has and will be greatly appreciated as we move forward.

Big hugs
Raydean

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

flier58

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2007, 06:42:51 pm »
Dear Raydean and Chet,
Both of you and your family are in my thoughts.  I will pray for all of you to keep strenght and courage in these difficult days.  We are all waiting for positive news.
Flier58

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 08:52:51 am »
Raydean,

Hun, thank you for the updates.... and know that CB ane me  continue our thoughts, prayers, wishes..... you know how to find me if need be.  :-*

Please give Chet and my Chiari sister-in-crime and every big hugs for me... and I've got a massive huggle for you as well.

xoxoxo
Phyl

tony

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 10:10:46 am »
I do trully hope things go as well as they can for you
please pass my best regards to Chet and thank him for all
his help along the way
Good luck
and stay in touch
Kindest regards
Tony

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2007, 10:11:41 am »
Hello all....got to see Chet, Raydean and Amy yesterday on their way back from the biopsy!  Gave them lots of hugs from all of you here!  He has his first radiation treatment this afternoon in Olympia, and should get the biopsy path back on Friday.   He's keeping his sense of humor and it was really good to see them all. 

If anyone wants to help out the family, I'm coordinating that....just contact me privately and I can let you know how you can help. 

Hugs!  Kathleen
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar