Author Topic: Calling all Pirate Sock and wishes for Chet and Raydean!  (Read 36173 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Calling all Pirate Sock and wishes for Chet and Raydean!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 02:47:40 pm »
I knew I could count on ya, Capt'n.  Piratude is in full force for the Chet and to our exceptionally inspirational ship's counsellor, MsRaydean.....

Huggles!

Cruise Director of this sea-faren Princess Battywench!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 05:31:29 pm »
Everyone....just had a call from Raydean.  Please, this is the time to work your magic, you did it with me....they haven't had the full consult with the Doc and the MRI yet, but they were able to tell her that there are abnormalities and that it may be cancer.  She will call me later again with the latest update, but she and Chet need all your prayers right now. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 07:25:05 pm »
Folks,

I just hung up with Kathleen (Kathleen, thank you for the update above).  Please keep Chet and Raydean and the family in your thoughts and wishes.  It is time for us to rally around these lovely folks.. and I have faith in you all to keep the healing energies and wishes and thoughts and prayers going.

MAJOR huggles to Chet... to Raydean.. to the family.

xoxoxo
Phyl
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 07:48:22 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tony

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 01:27:15 am »
and of course best wishes from over the pond
- do we have an update as to how things went on thurs ?
Best regards
Tony

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 02:20:26 am »
Keeping Raydean and Chet in my thoughts and prayers.  I met them at the Seattle lunch and they are lovely people. 

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Lorenzo

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 02:59:11 am »
Same here, thinking of you!
Lorenzo

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 05:18:52 am »
Keeping Chet and Raydean in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 08:54:13 am »
and of course best wishes from over the pond
- do we have an update as to how things went on thurs ?
Best regards
Tony

Hi Tony,
Things aren't looking all that hot right now... Chet is going through more tests and such and based on prelim, well... they really need our hearts, our thoughts, our prayers right now.  We know Raydean and Chet and the family are strong and courageous and we need to help their strength and courage continue.

Continued prayers and wishes from the entire Cheeky Bloke family.

Phyl

matti

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 09:33:10 am »
Continue wearing my pirate socks (clean ones) and my husband and I are sending all of our positive thoughts and energy to Raydean and Chet.

I also met Chet and Raydean at the Seattle brunch and they are the most caring, loving and supportive people. I met them several years ago on this forum and they have dedicated so much of thier time, energy and support in helping us all through our AN journey's. God Bless them.

Luv ya Chet and Raydean!

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 10:47:02 am »
Jumping in a little late, Been getting the updates from the email cirlcle,  Too much for any one family to handle.

Raydean and Chet, praying for you and sending possitive energy your way. You are a strong woman Raydean,  praying for the strength you rely on to get you through.

Pirate socks?? hell I look like a pirate today, socks, bandana, shirt, got to go through the haloween stuff and get out the hat and eye patch.  Anything for the piratude luck needed.

Hugs and Prayers
patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 11:07:27 am »
Hi all, I'm going up to the hospital to see them today, will have an update for you all later, am heading up about 4 pacific time.  If you have any prayers or blessings for them that you'd like me to pass on, please email me at work at kstuder@ci.kent.wa.us and I will print them out and bring them with me today.  She's asked me to come up and help her out. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 11:39:54 am »
Hi all, I'm going up to the hospital to see them today, will have an update for you all later, am heading up about 4 pacific time.  If you have any prayers or blessings for them that you'd like me to pass on, please email me at work at kstuder@ci.kent.wa.us and I will print them out and bring them with me today.  She's asked me to come up and help her out. 

Kathleen, you have email.

Continued Piratuude healing energy to Chet.. and to Raydean and the family.  Sending huggles and thoughts and love.

Phyl

Raydean

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 08:05:50 am »
Thank you all for your positive thoughts,prayers and pirate socks.  Please continue to do so as we are in great need of them.  For anyone reading this i stress that this current medical situation IS NOT AN RELATED.  nor did it arise from the AN or treatment.  Probably a combination of smoking  (quit 4 years ago) and working with wood all of his life.  We are back home from the hospital, but return Tuesday for more tests, this will probably be as an out patient.  We are in the process of setting up chemo and radiation which will buy us some time if he responds well to it. The biggest blessing at this time is that he is not in pain.

Please keep us in your prayers
Raydean and Chet

PS, Thank you  for the private emails that I've received offlist.  I'm not able to responds right now to each one.  But i do thank you dearly, they touched my heart.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 09:19:33 am by Raydean »
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 08:55:12 am »
Raydean,
You and Chet have my thoughts and prayers and my pirate wardrobe.  As a breast cancer survivor of twenty-one years and counting, one of the suggestions I was given is to envision the tumor or cells or whatever and draw a picture of it.  Then draw a picture of how you are going to stamp it out.  It helped get a lot of anger out and the why me.  I still believe that God had the biggest affect on my recovery and everyone's prayers.  I still have some of the pictures and I did some of the same therapy with my AN.  Hugs, and major hugs to you both.
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Lorenzo

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2007, 09:32:25 am »
Raydean,

I'm really saddened by the news, and I'm lost for words... I'll be thinking even more of you both and hope that all the prayers and good wishes will support you.

kindest regards

Lorenzo