Author Topic: Not impressed with new website  (Read 15958 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Not impressed with new website
« on: January 02, 2011, 05:19:35 am »
Wow...I need new glasses or a non glare thingy for my screen...count me as one who does not like the new format, colors or anything about the new server.  I guess I will limit my posts and stalking this is too hard on these old eyes. 
Any suggestions to make this blue and white nightmare go away?
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

suboo73

Re: Not impressed with new website
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 05:39:39 am »
Brenda, 

Well, I have to agree with what you said about the new format, Brenda.
I feel overwhelmed with such brightness and lack of lines (?) to help delineate different areas on the screen.  Also, the whole site loads more slowly - i don't like that at all.

Do we know if the upgrade is complete?

But here's the worst - I USE A MAC, and now can't see the ANY of the tools above this box.  rrrrrggghhhh!  So forget the smiley faces and spell check.  This is pretty frustrating.....

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 06:02:07 am »
All

Please note that the forums site is experiencing glitches right now that are being worked to be fixed.

As with any new website, there may be behind the scenes issues.

The ANA and myself have spoken to the new host site tech support and the issues will be addressed today to try to fix it.

We appreciate everyone's understanding and patience while it's being addressed.

Thanks!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

annamaria

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:45:35 am »
And some psosts have disappeared ...

Annamaria

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 06:54:08 am »
We requested, multiple times, as of late Friday for folks NOT to post as posts would disappear since they would not be part of the back up files.  Anything posted after the ANA's request not to post did not make the transition. This was also noted in the "do not post" thread.... that they would not carry over and be lost.  Multiple alerts were noted and we hoped that folks would comply as it also potentially delayed the transition as the forum files were VERY large to carry over.

Folks... please understand that this switch is still not completed and ask for understanding and patience.  
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 10:02:08 am »
Oops, my bad!  I thought when I saw all of this brightness that the transition was complete....I will give it a few days, but I sure hope the format is more like the old one.  It's hard to teach "some" "old" folks new tricks.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 10:12:07 am »
Yikes!!!  Big changes :(

I've always liked the ease of getting around this website, hope that returns.

Also, Phyl, although I figured out your previous message about deleting my browser history and refreshing, etc., I can't see half of what is on this website.

For example, when I wanted to reply to this post the box that should say "reply" just has a red x in the middle - no words.

The icons (smiley faces) above this box are all gone too.

How do I get the "pictures" back?

Thanks,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:47:20 am »
Looking better already. The main images are coming through now. The smileys are still missing...

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 11:58:16 am »
We're getting there folks!  Yes, some "glitches" (ie: smileys, as Steve noted, etc) to be tweeked but we're on the right path..... in the immortal words of Freddie Prinze..... "lookin' goood!"

Phyl

Jackie

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 01:20:53 pm »
Let's all give it a chance to work out the glitches! Patience, please!!! Then when it is completed, we can complain!
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 03:50:43 pm »
And some psosts have disappeared ...

Annamaria

Well, Phyl did point that out numerous times.  Guess some folks missed it.

The website is looking better already.  Think it will take some getting used to, but hopefully you can teach old dogs (like me) new tricks.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 04:05:56 pm »
Change is always difficult and this transition is no exception.  However, so far, so good.  I had no difficulty logging into the ANA website and posting.  I realize some posts (mine included) we're 'lost' in the transition but Phyl's warning was quite explicit and no one should be surprised at the loss of some posts.  For my part, I assume the person I replied to read the post before it was 'lost' and if not, oh well, it's not like we lost the Gettysburg Address or anything.  I trust that the various glitches will be ironed out promptly and life on the ANA discussion forums will soon return to it's familiar, tranquil state.   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 04:12:40 pm »
Jim,

you are SO right!  Change is hard.

I'm happy to note that, with the exception of the little smiley face icons not appearing on my screen yet, everything else seems to be working well.

Thanks to Judy V - and the "techies" involved in this transition - for all the hard work.

Jan

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 05:20:53 pm »
Well, Phase I is coming along with fine tuning to be done. I do have, on very good sources (you all know I have the Batphone with me at all times), add'l "new and improved" forthcoming.  The first part is just to get the old site transitioned to the new host... and fix glitches from the transition.  Keep open eyes for the "new and improved" as well... they may not be that quick in their happenings, but they are forthcoming.

Hats off to all for patience and understanding as this moves along.......

Phyl

suboo73

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 05:22:24 pm »
Phyl, 

Thank you for keeping us informed about the website updates.
I expected a different look, but was shocked this morning when i logged on early....
Looking so much better this afternoon!
Thanks again for all you do for the Forum!

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W