Author Topic: Not impressed with new website  (Read 15932 times)

opp2

Re: Not impressed with new website
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 08:16:14 am »
is it this forum that we see this morning Jan 3rd at 0915 Brampton time? This is a fairly common style of forum. And if you don't like the colour/layout I believe that you can change to one called quicksilver. I'll check and get back to you...but it's on user settings.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

opp2

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 08:22:53 am »
is it this forum that we see this morning Jan 3rd at 0915 Brampton time? This is a fairly common style of forum. And if you don't like the colour/layout I believe that you can change to one called quicksilver. I'll check and get back to you...but it's on user settings.

ok so you can't change the layout. Admins will often set a default layout for a forum based and like I said this one is a very popular colour scheme and layout. I don't mind it at all but like someone said, we humans are often change resistant.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 10:47:38 am »
Well, this is my first look at the "new" site and I think it looks just fine.  I am sure that the small glitches will all be worked out in time.

Happy New Year, all!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

TP

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 01:15:44 pm »
I work in the IT business and typically when changes are made by the IT folks they are based on requirements from the owners or customers who own/use the tool. They don't program changes to their "liking" they program to what are in the requirements. Personally I signed on just now for the first time and think it is pretty cool. So good job to those in the techy world for updating the database. 
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 04:22:40 pm »
Thank-you to all who are working so hard to make this forum 'better'  :)
 I appreciate you Phyl-lie girlie  :-*( can't wait for my little faces to return LOL)
I'm not sure if you even get paid to do all this time consuming work? Do you???
Any Hoo just had to say thank-you!

Hi, Donnalynn ~

Thanks for your kind words and, to answer your question (with all kidding aside) - all of the moderators are volunteers.  Thank you for your dedication to the ANA discussion forums and the positive energy you consistently contribute. You are always a source of encouragement to others, even as you struggle with your own problems, making you valued and appreciated. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 05:40:16 pm »
I asked the ANA for a cost of living raise..... sorry the smileys aren't working to express their response!

Ok, update from the Powers that Be....... they are aware of the "emoticon" (ie: "smileys") issue and are having it addressed. We are also on high alert to help make sure that spammers don't get through (so, all.... if you spot any, please chose the "Notify" button on the bottom/right of someone's post -- which now replaces the old "Report to the Moderators" -- should you see anything suspicious, which does NOT include my self-reference as the "cursed cruise Director").  New forums will be added as well and I have on good authority (yes, via the Batphone) that the "Members" section of the home page should be working fine now.

So, that is today's update. Thanks again all as we go through this..... we're getting there!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

kraynok2

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 11:31:33 pm »
I can log in to this forum with my username and password.  But when I try to get into the member section, it tells me that my username and password don't match.  I guess I will try again tomorrow and see if it's one of the glitches getting fixed.
Sandy

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 04:54:17 am »
I can log in to this forum with my username and password.  But when I try to get into the member section, it tells me that my username and password don't match.  I guess I will try again tomorrow and see if it's one of the glitches getting fixed.
Sandy

Sandy

Suggestion is to please contact the ANA (info@anausa.org) to have them confirm your username and password......
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 05:31:34 am »
Yesterday was my semiannual eye check...huge changes in my eyes...can't wait to see what I have been missing.  We logged on to the ANA Forum, because I told him that the new one seemed really bright and hard for me to read.  He told me that with my eye problems, and this wouldn't affect 70% of the people with seeing problems, that this is not user friendly for me.  He said the brightness of the background and all of the "cool" blues would wear my eyes out and give me headaches.
He said he could prescribe glasses to correct that for me, but that is not in this old woman's budget. 
The ease of getting on the site is wonderful. 
I will miss all of you and the wonderful support and care you all give to each of us.  So until we meet again....Have a Wonderful, Successful, Happy, Healthy New Year full of love and laughter.

Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Kaybo

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 06:09:25 am »
Brenda~
This truly makes me sad...I am sorry for you that you are so affected by this...it makes me realize that there are other things also that might have to be tweeked or given up by you.  For me, at least I can still communicate with you thru FB...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 02:49:08 pm »
Brenda ~

I'm very sorry to learn that the colors and brightness of the newly reformatted ANA website discussion forums are making it difficult for you to use the site/forums and you'll be 'leaving' us as a regular reader/poster.  I trust that you'll remain connected in other ways and of course, you know you'll be missed around here.  Wishing you a fabulous (O.K., pleasant) 2011. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 07:26:59 pm »
So here is my question...I see some smileys (like at the top of Jim's last post on this thread) but I am unable to get them.  There are only blue boxes with question marks above this text box.  However, some people are still using them and they show up on my screen as the blue box - are some people seeing them.  I have a Mac - does that have any bearing on it or am I just not living right these days??

??????
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

kerijacobs

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 07:45:31 pm »
i don't have the smilies either, but i'm getting a kick out of reading these posts and seeing "smile" "kiss kiss" and "huh huh". the fact that this is so entertaining to me will be short lived i guess.  "smile" "wink"

Kaybo

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 07:57:59 pm »
How funny...I just put question marks on mine...

K
"question mark?"
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Kaybo

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 07:58:32 pm »
Keri~
Are you a NEW person now??

K
*pondering*
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!