Author Topic: 2nd Anniversary Party Today  (Read 22174 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: 2nd Anniversary Party Today
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 01:13:57 pm »
A real British Virgin Islands sailboat delicacy--Nutella and rich Tea bikkies.  Yum, yum, yum!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 03:15:42 pm »
WHere have you been, girl, that you don't know about queso and funnel cakes???  Queso is cheese dip - like with Velveeta and Ro*Tel...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 03:40:07 pm »
Look up en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funnel_cake               That explains it well and shows a pic.        Google it too for more info. 
There are even recipes on Google.                        Cheryl R

Unfortunately, funnel cakes cannot be replicated at home.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 08:26:03 pm »
For some reason I want to have apple dumplings - not sure where that idea comes from. ;)

I FINALLY rubbed off on you! :)

Oh, MissyDazyHazyMazy! Congrats congrats on this anniversary!  2 years... and you are doing fab!  Continuing those wellness wishes your way and what a lovely way to celebrate this milestone.

I'm bringing the lobsta' and da chowda'!

xoxoxoxoxo
Pearly Whites!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 09:45:58 pm »
WHere have you been, girl, that you don't know about queso and funnel cakes??? 

K

Well for starters I grew up in Canada and did not come to the USA, to live anyway, until the late 1990's. (Hubby is American- the kids dual)

So tell me do you know what Nanaimo Bars are... No?...  :o
Eh gads dear where have you been? ;) :D

This is what they are and everyone where I came from knows about these -at Christmas Parties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanaimo_bar

Two Christmas Holiday parties ago my neighbor had to explain to me what a snicker doodle was. Turns out these are German and I had a recipe in my Joy of Cooking book all these years...

This is great as my 2nd year AN party is turning into a cross cultural pot-luck. I love it. :)

My favorite American treat I cannot refuse is DOVE chocolate... created originally by a Greek- American from Chicago.

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Jeanlea

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 09:50:05 pm »
DHM,

Congratulations of your second ANiversary.  I would love to come to  your party.  I'll bring pasties (a Yooper, Upper Peninsula of Michigan traditional food), some deep fried Milky Ways, ( another fair treat to go with the funnel cakes), and some Mackinaw City Sweet Riesling wine to wash it all down. 

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 09:52:52 pm »
A real British Virgin Islands sailboat delicacy--Nutella and rich Tea bikkies.  Yum, yum, yum!

Ah hah I found Nutella
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutella

So it is Italian!
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 09:59:14 pm »
(a Yooper, Upper Peninsula of Michigan traditional food), some deep fried Milky Ways,

Ok OK I admit I has to look up the term "Yooper"... I am getting some lesson in American Culture here

How on earth does one deep fry a milky way?

(BTW- so glad you are coming too- Jean  :))

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 10:08:33 pm »

* I'll bring the perogies and garlic mushroom sauce too ( Mushrooms hand picked up in the woods)...... very very yummy

PEROIGIES! I LOVE perogies. Best ones I ever had were at a festival  in Vegreville, Alberta. I am not sure what was more memorable the perogies or the biggest Easter Egg I had ever seen in my life. It was gianourmous!

Feast your eyes at this one
http://www.cuug.ab.ca/VT/vegreville.html

SO glad you and your hubby are coming!

I'll be sure to wear my ALberta white stetson with my red scarf... although truthfully I really want wear Steve's knitted TOQUE... it is just SOOH Pacific Northwest. (My teenager sooh wants a Steve toque too!)

DHM

Kaybo

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 07:34:28 am »
Just asked the hubby about the Nanaimo Bar - he lived in Calgary for Middle School and part of HS (& then his parents moved back to Calgary until right before our wedding for his Dad's job).  I have had plenty of Canadian dishes over the years of being in that family but haven't ever had that one.  I'll have to ask my MIL about them!  ;D  You can make Queso at home - it is VERY easy & VERY yummy!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jackie

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 11:51:39 am »
Hi DMH,

Heartiest congratulations on your 2 year ANniversary. Your remarkable recovery and determination is so very inspiring!!! Thank-you for your caring attitude and your willingness to help others in their AN journeys! I am so happy for you and how far you have come!!! Let's celebrate!!!
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009, 03:03:48 pm »
DMH ~

A slighted belated but sincere happy anniversary wish on your second 'ANniversary'.  Definitely an occasion worth celebrating!  Enjoy! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 05:17:27 pm »
Donnalynn~
It has been a few years since we did the Canadian trip (Stampede, Banff, Lade Louise, glaciers & Jasper) so maybe it will be about time again!  You know I would LOVE to come meet you guys!!   ;D

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009, 05:37:05 pm »
Congratulations DMH!
Your pictures are wonderful, it is so nice to put a face to a name. I hope you had a great time with your family, you have lots to celebrate! Life is wonderful and you are doing so well. I was so pleased to read that your energy has returned 99%.
By the way the spread is delicious, I am stuffed! Try that stuff at the end of the table, not sure what it is called but it was sweet and gooey and yummy.
Here's a toast to DHM for happiness and laughter always!
Michelle  :-*
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Kaybo

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 09:56:56 pm »
I would LOVE it too!!  I guess we can dream, huh??  If I had all the money in the world...actually, I don't need it all - just enough to see my family and friends needs taken care of and a little left over to go visit all my friends whenever I wanted!!  ;D

;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!