Author Topic: 2nd Anniversary Party Today  (Read 22172 times)

chocolatetruffle

Re: 2nd Anniversary Party Today
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 09:58:32 pm »
congrats to you, and i want to thank you for your time and help when i was struggling with my own answers 1 year ago.  we all need second helpings here, so how about some chinese dim sum?
chocolatetruffle

2.8 cm left AN
Translab @ House/St Vincent's 11/27/07
Drs. Brackmann, Schwartz, Wilkinson, Stefan

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2009, 10:35:52 pm »
 we all need second helpings here, so how about some chinese dim sum?

I love dim sum ...   :)
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 11:06:25 pm »
Kay I think that you and your fam should come and visit Calgary again and come and see me.....Jim thinks you should too! We could drive up to the Mountains and take in the beauty of the Rockie Mountains the girlies would love it there!!!!!
Donnalynn

Donna Lynn and Kaybo,

You just GOT take the Curly Girls to Heritage Park to ride the steam train, the paddle boat, go to the candy store and buy bread at the old bakery.
http://www.heritagepark.ca/

Another fun place is Calaway Park.
http://www.calawaypark.com/
(the ultimate vestibular therapy challenge course for us AN’ers)

we all need second helpings here, so how about some chinese dim sum?
And you know Calgary has Dim Sum too...

I used to go for Dim Sum at the Silver Dragon - in Calgary.

In and around Nov. there is an early event at the Jasper Park Lodge  called Christmas in November it is absolutely divine a little pricey but very worth it! They decorate to the nines and it is so beautiful there. There are sleigh rides ad skiing and ice skating and bon fires.So much food and drinks too.
I think we should have a AN retreat there anyways because it is just so beautiful!!!!
Are you two talking about the “Fairmont” Jasper Park Lodge?
http://www.fairmont.com/jasper

Here's a toast to DHM for happiness and laughter always!

I love toast- especially with melted butter, honey and Cinnamon! ;) :D

Thanks Michelle- HUGS

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Kaybo

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 09:43:41 am »
DMH~
We have been to Heritage Park twice - once before the girlies were born (but with all our nieces & nephews) and once with the girlies when we all went.  I have the most AMAZING pictures from there.  In fact, a couple that are in the rolling slide show (on the right of my blog) are from there - they are the ones where the girlies have on Western shirts and their hair braided since we had been to a pancake breakfast...LOVE it!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 11:01:24 am »
Sorry I'm late on receiving the invite, but I'll bring poutine.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 12:31:56 pm »
Poutine eh?

You know I have had french fries with gravy but never with cheese curds.

The party is going week long... so by all means bring some Anne Marie. ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

(I am going to get really fat this week as I start looking up all these foods and trying these out ;) )

DHM

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 07:14:59 pm »
Cheryl,

By the way Tim Horton's first coffee shop opened in the mid 60's, on Ottawa St here in Hamilton, On Canada.  As a kid the donuts were great.  As an adult when I am working I drink a cup of Tim's coffee everyday.  Here in Hamilton there is a Tim Horton's Donut Shop on almost every major intersection's corner.  A favourite for the Cops to hang out in since may retired Cops buy franchises.

Today Tim Horton's donuts are not made from scratch.  They are made in a plant, partial deep fried and than baked off and dressed in the local stores.  Now I prefer to buy donuts from a bakery called Sweet Paradise.  Their donuts are the heavenly  ::).  Brings back childhood memories.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 11:53:55 pm »

Oh, and I just couldn't resist....at the party, you can give dim sum and dim sum and us some!   ;) :D

Hilarious  :D :D :D :D

DHM

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 07:11:02 am »
Happy Anniversary!!  I can't believe that I only saw this post today! 

Anyway, what is clearly missing from this virtual smorgasboard of gastronomy is some Italian food, so I'll whip up my famous meat sauce and (with all due respect to the vegetarians) a grilled vegetable pizza with fresh mozzerella.  Oh, and a nice bottle of chianti!

Happy, happy anniversary, Daisy!
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 08:54:42 am »
Thanks Debbie!

So glad you can come.

SO what is the Secret ingredient to your Italian sauce- will you tell us?

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 07:08:59 pm »
Happy 2nd ANiversary 4cm,  I just read through this entire thread and did not see that nayone remembered to bring the

TIM TAMS!!!!!!!!     where the heck are the TIM TAMS?????   Laz????

these were a delicacy on the GM thread on and about pg 100ish,  somewhere in there a coupl years back,  YUM YUM

patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2009, 08:41:21 pm »
I live for my Tim-Tams... frozen... used as "straw" in coffee! :D

Oh, yeah... ready for TimTam's :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Cheryl R

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 07:48:45 am »
I forgot I have a couple packages of Tim Tams in the freezer,left over from Targets selling of them last winter.      They are good till Nov so better be getting them ate.             I could have brought them to the symposium.    Darn!                 I would think World Market should still have the authenic ones.         Des Moines has one but I never go in there.   
Also to add that I was surprised to hear about Sen Kennedy also as did not realize he had become in  a worse condition.   The media always seemed to get across how well he was doing.               My sympathy to all who had connections to him and his family.
                                                             Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 01:46:29 pm »
DHM -

So glad you asked!   ;D  My "secret" ingredient is to add a couple of lamb chops to the sauce while it is cooking (along with some boney beef of some sort) and a large dollop of red wine.  I also shred some carrots, which helps it to thicken up. If I can find marrow bones, I add a few of those because they give it a wonderful depth of flavor.  It is best when cooked long and slow; and it's always better the second day...  Heck, I made myself hungry. 

I am intrigued by the whole Tim-Tam thing - never had one!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2009, 02:49:19 pm »
Happy 2nd ANiversary 4cm,  I just read through this entire thread and did not see that nayone remembered to bring the

TIM TAMS!!!!!!!!     where the heck are the TIM TAMS?????   Laz????

these were a delicacy on the GM thread on and about pg 100ish,  somewhere in there a coupl years back,  YUM YUM

patti ut

TIM TAMS!!! TIM TAMS!!!!  TIM TAMS!!!!!!

Official Snack Food of the Goode Ship Princess Batty Wench!!  I have had no less than 4 forum members mail me Tim Tams,  2 of them all the way from Australia.  The Dark Chocolate Cherry ones were my faves, but I also love the Originals.  The note from Laz said they were best "eaten from the freezer" but did you know the light goes out when you close the door????  Seriously!!!!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW