Author Topic: you know how sometimes we talk about being forgetful??  (Read 8773 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: you know how sometimes we talk about being forgetful??
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 07:09:15 am »
Do we sometimes talk about this??

I don't remember . . .  ;)  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2009, 08:02:22 am »
Hi Keri,

Just catching up on some reading here.

Your not alone having things come up missing! Those aliens have been hitting my house too!  ;)

Glad you found the diploma! :D

Scarlett
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

Keri

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 08:49:23 am »
Yes, in this case the alien's name was Scott, and if you saw his room you  would think the aliens attacked it!
I'm now going to go turn the diploma over to the USAF so they can deal with the aliens! (before it's lost again)

Thanks everyone!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 09:01:40 am »
Thanks, Cathy.  St. Anthony is the saint I was trying to remember..Love the verse!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

epodjn

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 01:22:42 pm »
so that explains it!. .  .my car keys have been missing for days. I hope they return them soon. I have a spare but if they take that too I'm sunk! Keri, so glad you found your son's diploma. Get used to the "military" way of doing things. They hardly eve make sense. And just as a warning, my son did get pretty organized and clean after boot camp, but then he was deployed to Iraq and after a year in the sandbox came back a bigger mess maker than ever. But he's getting married next month and then it's HER PROBLEM not mine, haha.
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

wendysig

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 05:29:02 am »
Keri,

I'm glad you found your son's diploma -- I'm sure it was driving you crazy.  It figures that HE put is somewhere and didn't tell  you.  As for Tim's theory about aliiens, my mom always said the Blue Men took things when she misplaced them.  Hmm, I wonder if these blue men were aliens?   :D

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 05:56:57 am »
Well, the grey ones do look a little bluish under flourescent lights...er, I mean, IF there were grey aliens, or, er, maybe I've said too much...never mind...

..take care...tim b
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi

JudyT

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 09:31:44 am »
Forgetfull/lose stuff........last week it was earrings....this week it is a SHOE! ONE shoe??? Have looked everywhere even the yard....Grandchildren, gardener, Housekeeper have helped me.....now please this is ridiculous. Makes me nuts!!!!!!! What do you do with one shoe? I love these new shoes....wanted to take them on a trip.....guess not. Perhaps if I buy another pair it will show up?
Judy

epodjn

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 01:29:04 pm »
Or maybe you will just lose the opposite shoe! I still haven't found my earrings that have been missing for almost a month now. It just makes me crazy to think about.
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

Kaybo

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 02:47:54 pm »
I lost (no, it wasn't me - she tried them on and then "flung" them somewhere) the shorts to Addi's basketball uniform!  I have turned this house upside down.  I went & bought as close as I could to match, thinking that would make the others show up.  NOPE, still haven't turned up...& she doesn't match the rest of the team!!  Thank goodness it hasn't affected her playing!!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 03:00:57 pm »
I still haven't found my earrings that have been missing for almost a month now. It just makes me crazy to think about.

Check your sink's drain traps.  I accidentally washed my wife's expensive diamond earrings down the drain a few years ago, never to be seen again.  I had given them to her as a birthday gift.  Fortunately, our homeowners policy paid us their replacement cost.  Suffice it to say that I won't make that mistake again.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 03:09:07 pm »
Check your sink's drain traps.  I accidentally washed my wife's expensive diamond earrings down the drain a few years ago, never to be seen again.  I had given them to her as a birthday gift.  Fortunately, our homeowners policy paid us their replacement cost.  Suffice it to say that I won't make that mistake again.  :)

Jim

I know your wife (and luff her dearly!  :-* ) and I know for certain you WON'T be making that mistake again! ;)  BTW, you said your name was (insert name here)? ;)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Keri

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 07:14:55 am »
yes, many of my things also get lost when i put them in a safe place.

Judy... did you find your shoe??
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 08:43:22 am »
Oh yeah...the "safe places."  My safe places are infamous in my family.  Once I was going out of town and was concerned about leaving some jewelry behind, so I put it in a "safe place."  Found it 2 years later!  Nothing is safe around me ;D.
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

JudyT

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 09:18:57 am »
Noooooooo shoe yet!! I keep looking everyday........I miss my shoes.....I love them...want to wear them...Sooooo comfortable and pretty too! Yesterday needed to wear a watch.....No watch ( a very expensive Rolex that was a very special gift) It doen't matter whether it is expensive or not ....I just WANT it. I have always been organized to a fault and often wished I didn't strive for perfection in this area.....not close to it now...still not happy. Perhaps I should just pile everything important into a backpack pack.....put it on....know where it is...unless I forget I have a backpack on. Geeeez this is annoying. Papers are the worst........searched all day a few days ago for airline e-ticket....it was pinned to bullitin board over my desk.....in plain site. Go figure!
Judy