Author Topic: Mlissa778 Update  (Read 1904 times)

Melissa778

Mlissa778 Update
« on: June 22, 2009, 10:20:35 am »
I've had several of you ask, So I figured I would do a quick "update":

I had my sinus surgery a month ago and all went well.  ENT said it was some of the worst he's ever seen.  I felt terrific until about a week ago.....But unfort. for me I have a rebound infection, but it is well under control now and I'm feeling much better.  My BAHA has been pushed back to October.  I did have my one year MRI, but don't meet with the doc until Sept.  I did get a copy of the radiology report.....noted no remarkable changes.  No change is good change in my book.  Still measuring almost the same size it was at surgery though?  Swelling maybe from GK???  I am having some hearing issues and posted that appropriately in the hearing issues.....

Overall feeling much better and I am so glad I did the sinus surgery and got all of the infection out!  Moving onward and counting down the days to BAHA :)  Thanks all for always being here :)  You guys are great.  I know I dont' post alot, but I'm always lurking and checking in on everyone :)

Melissa
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Mlissa778 Update
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 12:09:08 pm »
Melissa ....

Glad your sinus surgery went well.  Start checking 'em off now!  The important thing is you are feeling better!! Onward and upward!   :-*

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 12:10:34 pm »
Hi, Melissa ~

Thanks for your update.  I was pleased to learn (from your post) that the sinus surgery went well.  The rebound infection must have been a letdown but fortunately, that is past, now.

That your MRI report indicated 'no change' is terrific news!  I'm very happy for you.  Although your BAHA date is now 4 months away, at least you'll have that to look forward to in October.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 07:02:03 pm »
Melissa~
So glad things are better!!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 05:58:42 am »
Melissa,

thanks for the update!  Hope things calm down soon!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 10:46:40 am »
Melisssa,

I'm glad to hear the sinus surgery went well and hope your rebound infection is soon cleared up.  As for your BAHA surgery, it will be here before you know it.

Sending you healing vibes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!