Author Topic: you know how sometimes we talk about being forgetful??  (Read 8732 times)

Keri

you know how sometimes we talk about being forgetful??
« on: June 15, 2009, 09:51:29 am »
Now I've done it.  My son graduated from high school last week and after graduation I held on to his diploma because I thought he would lose it. It has to be turned in to his USAF recruiter tomorrow. Well, I've lost it. I've spent all weekend looking for it (my son and husband are away for a week long trip). I called the high school and it takes 3 - 4 weeks to get a new one (he ships out to basic training in two weeks).
Oh, I'm not going to blame this on my AN!!! although my brain is fuzzy sometimes. Maybe middle age??? Maybe both? I'm so scattered!
Time to get back to looking for it.... maybe I'll find some of the other stuff I've lost lately too! Maybe I'll find my mind, which I feel like I've lost, in that stack of paperwork.

Thanks for listening. 
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Kaybo

Re: you know how sometimes we talk about being forgetful??
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 10:12:59 am »
Keri~
I just read this on FB too!  I do this stuff ALL the time - I just say a little prayer that God will help me remember where it is...I know some may think this is too trivial for God, but I like to keep Him busy in ALL aspects of my life!  ;D  Of course, then I have to always remember to say "thanks!"

Good luck!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 10:48:14 am »
I'm w/Kaybo!  I lose stuff and make myself crazy trying to find it.  Prayers go up and usually things turn up...thanks be to God!  Except of course an insurance check for $$$ that never turned up :-[ ,but they were very sweet about re-issuing it. :)  Take a deep breath and retrace your steps.  It probably got mixed in w/something else.  Good luck!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Keri

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 11:56:32 am »
Thanks! I do believe too that God cares about the little things and I can pray about this. This 'little thing' may turn into a big thing, though, because  I just talked to his USAF recuiter, and if I don't have the diploma there by tomorrow, he DOES NOT go in the Air Force.  It takes too long (3 weeks) to order it from the school before he's supposed to ship out.
So here I go back to looking and praying!
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 12:14:13 pm »
Oh good grief. Wouldn't a letter from the principal or school board president perform the same function?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Keri

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 02:08:51 pm »
you would think... but they have their rules that are very ... military and strict but that's OK because...

I FOUND IT!!!!! yeah, finally !!
and in the process of turning the house upsidedown, found a few other missing items as well!

Thanks everyone. Now I have to go turn my house rightside up.
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 04:00:33 pm »
Keri ~

Congratulations on the found diploma! 

I think everybody forgets stuff and when we get a bit older, we forget a bit more often.  Back in 2005, I went nuts looking for the title for a car I had owned for 15 years and wanted to sell.  I knew I had put it somewhere for 'safekeeping' - but couldn't remember where.  It was maddeningly frustrating!  I finally found it by calming down and thinking hard about my original idea of where to put the darn thing for 'safekeeping'.  I blamed the incident on the passage of time and 'age'.  This was a year before my AN diagnosis but, like you, even on hindsight I didn't blame the AN.  It was just plain old forgetfulness.  It happens occasionally - to everyone.  Even to my 29-year-old son.  Go figure. :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 05:24:26 pm »
Is there a saint of lost things?  Thanks be to God for the timely finding of things that are important!  Yay God!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Jackie

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 06:01:42 pm »
Hi Keri,

SO GLAD you found the diploma!! Please in all fairness to us worryworts, where was it???? In the fridge?? In the car?? The dog got it?? Don't leave us hanging!!!
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

Cheryl R

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 07:14:03 pm »
Kerri, glad you found it but yes where was it?   I would understand easily.             I finally found my lost zinnia seeds in amongst a bunch of music CDs.     Just where you always stick your seeds right?                 That area on top of a dresser is where new items frequently go so it's not as bad as it sounds.    I think they were on top and fell in.
I hope it goes well for your son.                                   As a side note, the relative who got married in April and husband are back to Iraq in Oct.   2nd time for them.                         Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Keri

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 07:31:08 pm »
sorry... it was in HIS ROOM (so i didn't lose it after all)! on the left side of his desk which contained a lot of important stuff related stuff to his senior year that i never even saw), behind the doggie bed. his room is a mess. i put on my facebook status that he needs the military to get his unorganized self in shape!

in the process of tearing up the house looking for his diploma, i found my daughter's ipod and a few other important items ! and i organized some paperwork that was taking over a room.

keri
My head feels weird!!

Vivian B.

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 08:05:38 pm »
Hi Keri,

I was reading through these posts and was getting worried for you. I am glad you found it. I haven't even been treated yet, and I forget things and misplace things all the time. Sometimes I feel as if I literally get mental blocks where my mind is just plain not functioning. Pretty scary. Congratulations on your son's graduation. My son also graduates from high school this year and off to University to study film.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 08:58:06 pm »
Is there a saint of lost things?  Thanks be to God for the timely finding of things that are important!  Yay God!

I remember a nun telling us this when I was a child. St. Anthony is the saint for lost things. This is the little prayer she told us. Don't know why, but I've always remembered it....

"Tony Tony look around..
Something's lost and must be found."

:D

Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 06:26:47 am »
I have a theory, of course I have theories about most things (some which work out well, others not so well)... It's the aliens. My theory is that when we temporarily lose stuff it's not our fault but the alien's.

When you go to look for something that turns out to be temporarily lost, you usually go to the place you remember putting it and it's not there.  When you finally find it, it's in a place you don't remember putting it. I'm thinking the aliens take stuff, beam it up to study it, then put it back. The problem is they're aliens and don't always remember to put it back where they got it.. afterall they are about the size of an 8 year old and when was the last time an 8 year old remembered to put something back from where they got it.

So, in reality, it's not our memory problem, it's the alien's memory problem.

What I don't understand and don't have a theory for though is why are they so dadgum interested in my car keys, they seem to take those about every other day.

..take care... tim b
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi

Kaybo

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 06:37:47 am »
oh tim....you are so funny!!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!