Author Topic: NY/NJ luncheon  (Read 10998 times)

wendysig

NY/NJ luncheon
« on: June 08, 2009, 03:25:02 pm »
Attention all NY and NJ ANers (and anyone else who is interested)

Debbi and I were talking the other day and finally came up with what we hope will be a good date for a NY/NJ Luncheon.  We are planning for July 11 at Brendan's on West 35th Street  between 5th and 6th Avenues again - it's a central location for everyone coming in on mass transit.  This the same place we met in January and the price of lunch was decent, it was fairly quiet a good time was had by all.  I hope we can get a good crowd together again.  Please let us know if you can attend.

Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Keri

Re: NY/NJ luncheon
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 09:18:28 pm »
Oh wow, I wish I could go. I love coming to NY (been there a grand total of TWICE now). And I'm great at crashing other AN parties in different parts of the country! (boston area in spring).
If I weren't heading out for vacation on the 11th, I'd be there.
Have a great time!
Keri (DC / MD area)
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:20:35 pm »
You think that is too far for me for a day trip??

::)
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 05:09:51 am »
Keri,

Sorry you can't make it, we'd love to have you with us.  Maybe next time.   ;D

K - Maybe if you take the red-eye you can make it -- after lunch, we can take a ride on the Circle Line  (a boat that circles NYC) just to make the trip a little more worthwhile, and then put you back on the plane and send you back home what a whirlwind day that would be!  Just kidding -- I think it just  might be a little too far for a day trip for you.  We'd love to have you too though.   ;D

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

nteeman

• Back to Mono
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 06:15:58 am »
Count me in!

;D

Neal
Diagnosed 12/16/2008
AN 2.4 X 2.0 X 1.6 CM
surgery performed on 1/27/2009 Mt. Sinai Hospital, NYC
Dr.Bederson & Dr. Smouha
9:30am thru 5:50pm
http://www.facebook.com/neal.teeman

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 06:44:37 am »
Hi Neal,

Glad to hear you'll make the luncheon.  Hopefully.we'll get a  good group together.

See you sooon!

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 07:13:12 am »
Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this, Wendy!  Neal, it will be good to see you again.  I'll pm Nancy and Joe to see if they can make it.  Oh, and Mickey (Mike I) too!  Let's spread the word!!
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 02:41:56 pm »
Hi,

I've just returned from three weeks in France and am getting caught up on e-mails, etc. Thanks to Wendy and Debbi for organizing another NY/NJ get together. July 11 sounds great to me, and I'll be looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 07:38:04 pm »
3 weeks in France - boy, I am SO jealous!

Wendy -

you know I'd be there if I could.

Hope you all have a tremendous time.  Take pictures, please.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 10:50:01 am »
Hi Catherine!

Three weeks in France sounds fantastic -- Parlez-vous français?  I acutally only know a smattering of French.  My mom sometimes spoke it to us (she was born in Quebec but move to the States as a child).  My parents convinced me to take Spanish in middle school and high school even though I wanted to learn French.  Some of my friends took French and I actually ended up learning more French than Spanish, although I don't really remember much of either language anymore.  Now I am totally off my own subject! ;D

I'm glad to hear you'll be able to make it to the luncheon!  I am also looking forward to seeing everyone again!!!

Jan -- I know you would be here if you could and we would be very glad to have you!   I think I told you I'm not going to make the symposium this year, but am already saving for the next one so hopefully I'll see you there, if not sometime before then.

Wendy

2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 10:32:53 pm »
I think I told you I'm not going to make the symposium this year, but am already saving for the next one so hopefully I'll see you there, if not sometime before then.

Okay, Wendy, Symposium 2011; consider it a date written in stone!

I'm wondering myself if I'll be in attendance at the Chicago symposium.  Now that I'm "boss-less", I may have to attend a BOD meeting in San Diego after my regularly scheduled work there.  I'm hopeful that either a)  I'll have a new boss by August and it will his/her job to meet with the BOD or b) the BOD will decide it's not vital for me to attend their meeting. 

Although I'd hate to miss out on the symposium - especially when it's in my own backyard and some of the docs speaking are my favorites ones - my paying job comes first.

Time will tell; keeping my fingers crossed.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 09:14:05 am »
WHAT??  You are kidding with me??  Can't you tell them that you already have made reservations and vacation plans for then??  You are killing me here...but I do understand WOrk...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 09:17:34 am »
Jan -

I hope you make it to the symposium -- it would be a double shame if you don't a) everyone who is looking forward to seeing you and seeing what kind of mischief you all can get into will be very disappointed and b) it would be a shame to miss the symposium, because as you pointed out, it is in your own backyard -- it couldn't be much more convenient as far as location goes.   I'm sure a trip to San Diego could be fun, even if it's on business, but the symposium sounds even better but if you have to choose, I guess your paying job has to come first.  My fingers are crossed for you too.  BTW, what happened to your boss?

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Keri

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 11:05:02 am »
Jan,
If you're 'boss-less' can't you just do what you want !! ? (regarding your work trip)... no, I'm sure it's not that simple.
Anyway, I thought you were going to be the host, the social coordinator, the cruise director, the recipient of Steve's drinks bought for everyone... I really hope you can still go to the symposium and do the work trip another time. I was just hoping the other day I could go to it. It would be so much fun to meet everyone.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

jtd71465

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 05:41:09 am »
I'm in.

Joe-
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos