Author Topic: NY/NJ luncheon  (Read 11000 times)

wendysig

Re: NY/NJ luncheon
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2009, 07:52:40 am »
This is the first chance I've had to get on the computer since Friday.  We had a very busy weekend.  I see that Debbi already posted pictures, and since mine are identical it doesn't make sense to post them too.  It was great seeing all of you and I'm looking forward to October -- either date is good for me, so I'll go along with what works for everyone else.  Neal, you look great -- it's amazing how five months short can return you to just about normal after such major surgery, isn't it?  As everyone says, there is life after AN, but it is still an experience that binds us together.  Mickey, good lluck with your MRI.  I hope you see no changes.

Eve - I didn't have the time to make my AN cake for this get together so you didn't miss it.  My youngest daughter's birthday party took place a couple of hours after we got home from the luncheon so I'd been busy getting ready for that.  I'll try to make one for our next get together in October.  It might be more fitting then anyway since it will be close to Halloween.   ;D

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2009, 10:02:57 am »
Thanks for posting the pictures! Everyone looked hale and hearty and in good spirits -- this should be encouraging to all the AN newbies out there.

And Joe, your pre-surgery picture brought back all sorts of memories, although I don't remember wearing such a stylish "shower cap."

I've penciled in the next luncheon on my calendar (either October 3 or 10 is fine) and will look forward to joining you all then. This is a great group!

Best wishes to all of you,

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2009, 06:36:20 pm »
In fact, one might even go so far as to say that we TOTALLY ROCK!  Missed you you JerseyGirls!

Deb
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Nance

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 10:13:49 pm »
Brendan's!  It looks like it was a great day for everyone there- sorry that I wasn't able to make it.  I loved the photos too and hope that I can make the next meal in October.  I'm away Sept. 30th -Oct. 10th but if for some reason the next lunch party is on a bit later in October, please count me in!
PS- my one year MRI was clean and I'm waiting for my face to catch up with my feeling good about life.
Nancy-diagnosed Jan. 2008
1.2 cm left side AN
Translab June 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Left ear, Left side facial weakness, BAHA Feb. 2009

wcrimi

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 07:44:22 am »
PS- my one year MRI was clean and I'm waiting for my face to catch up with my feeling good about life.

That's great news.
1 cm, 6mm, 4mm on Left side. Surgery performed 11/6/2008 by Dr. Kalmon Post and Eric Smouha at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC.
Normal hearing before, 85%-90% now, dizziness when walking or turning head, annoying hissing and high pitched tinnitus on and off, eyes have trouble adjusting to rapid head move