Author Topic: 4 years post treatment Hopkins FSR  (Read 1851 times)

julie

4 years post treatment Hopkins FSR
« on: January 28, 2006, 10:37:12 am »
After having my diagnosing doctor insist I should have surgery, and choosing instead (against my doctor's advice) to have FSR, I had FSR with Dr. Williams at Hopkins in Dec. 2001.  I am now four years out with great results.  My tumor originally swelled, and it actually took 3 years for it to start shrinking, but it is now about 70% of the original size (which was 7 mm x 9 mm).  I have some slight hearing loss, and tinnitus (that I had pre-treatment) but otherwise no other issues.  I would recommend that those who have radiation not be too alarmed with post radiation swelling, just stay in close contact with your doc and be sure to have your follow-up MRIs.  For something that was such a crisis at the time of diagnosis and treatment, it is amazing how little my AN has impacted my life.  Best to all of you researching and deciding on treatment.

thecakes

Re: 4 years post treatment Hopkins FSR
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 03:55:50 pm »
Good for you Julie.  I wish you the best of luck.  the cakes.

Rc Moser

Re: 4 years post treatment Hopkins FSR
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 04:49:20 pm »
Julie, good News is always good to hear when it come to AN's. I am so happy for you that after 4 years you have good results and that nasty thing hasn't reap havoc.. Finely A happy story.  Anybody else got any more! Rc.
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.