Author Topic: Less than 24 hours from now...  (Read 6783 times)

andrea in slc

Less than 24 hours from now...
« on: November 12, 2008, 10:43:39 am »
Whooo-hooo, get that thing out of my head! Less than 24 hours to go! Slightly nervous but mostly running around trying to get everything done before.

Thank you SO much to everyone here for your shared information, good thoughts, prayers, everything.  If I could, I'd make a ginormous batch of fudge-covered brownies and share them with all of you!

Patty UT is going to update for me, I was lucky enough to meet her for breakfast last week, and she is awesome! It was a lot of fun to meet someone who knows what the heck you are going through and how you feel. THANK YOU PATTY, YOU ROCK!

See you guys as a "postie!"

(now off to pack with my "what to bring to the hospital" list from all of you)

Andrea

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Less than 24 hours from now...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:47:15 am »
andrea... you are going to do fab... I'm so glad to hear that it's now time to "rawk" and get you to Postiehood! (such a lovely term, isn't it?) :)

Wishes and thoughts for you!!!!! A huggle or  3 thrown in as well for good measure!

Best wishes to you!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 12:39:17 pm »
Best of luck, Andrea  ;D

I hope you have a very swift, very smooth recovery.

I'll be thinking about you and praying for you.

Many thanks to Patty for agreeing to update us.

See you soon as a postie,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:31:47 pm »
Andrea:

If you read this before you go to the hospital, know that many prayers will follow you as well as virtual hugs and all the good wishes you could ever imagine.  I think you'll do fine.  We'll look forward to reading Patty's updates until you're able to post on your own, which shouldn't take too long.  :)

Rest a bit and try to relax...you're on your way to 'postie-land'!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 03:42:42 pm »
Thoughts will be with you ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 04:00:16 pm »
Andera,
Good  luck tomorrow, you will be in our thoughts and prayers. 

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 07:19:32 am »
Andrea,

I'm right here with everyone else praying for your excellent outcome and speedy return to "postie land". 

Peaceful thoughts and see you on the other side! 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:33:25 pm »
HI ALL,
  Patti UT here,   I have not been posting on the forum in many many months but was a regular back when I was a newbie postie.  It is a great resource and I am so grateful for it and all of you who are part of it, 'specially cruise director Phyl , goodl ole Cap'n Deb and Laz,  miss the GM cruises you wenches & scallywag ;D.  I'm so happy Andrea found me on the forum and contacted me. She emailed me last week and I met her for breakfast the next day.  You could tell she was gearin up for surgery, as she ordered some sort of french toast or waffle thingy piled high with syrupy berries and lots O' whip cream ::).  Got to meet her cutie patootie 5 year old Daniel too.
  Anyhoo, we talked a bunch this last week, she seems pretty prepared.Was doin her Christmas shoppin Monday,  man, this gal is organized, :) Provided she went in early as most of us do,(she was still waiting for th hospital to call with a time when I talked to her yesterday afternoon)  I'm thinking she's either just getting out or still in surgery as I type, it is 1:25pm here.   I am suppose to get a call from her hubby to give me the heads up on how she did and I'll post after I hear from him.  I suspect she'll be in ICU tomorrow, so thinking I'll wait and go see her over the weekend or Monday if she has too many visitors on the weekend(about 25miles from me).  We have a storm blowing in right now, so major wonky head for me,  luckily she'll be well medicated and won't know 'bout the barometric pressure monster first off. LOL

More later.....keep prayin

HUGS TO ALL
Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 02:58:39 pm »
Patee YOOTEE!!!!!!!!!  If that is the Splenda coming in, you betta be keeping it, m'dear!  :-*  Hope you are hanging in there....... I'm thinking of you!  :-*

thanks for keeping us updated on Andrea. I am SO thriled you both found each other in AN-kinship and that you are there for her..... will keep an eye on things here (*coff* to make sure you remain a good girlie) and to keep looking for updates on Andrea.

thanks P!

Signed,
the other P
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 06:40:30 pm »
Andrea,
My best thoughts are with you. I know you'll do fine.   PattiUT--thanks for keeping us informed.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 10:52:43 pm »
HI ALL,
  Update.  Just got word from Andrea's hubby. She had an 8 hr surgery, already showing some facial limpness, but they didn't have to sever the nerve or anything. They said they got it all, YIPPIE!  Guess she has been quite sick and feels like she's been hit by a truck , (bringing back bad memories ???)  Got put in her own room, so sounds like she didn't stay in ICU long.
  The  scary part is over, now for th challenging part, recovery.  We know how tough the first week is.
SO she's a postie now.    8)

I'll post again once I see her or as soon as I know more.
Patti UT

Hey Phyl, from one "P" to another...yodelayhehoo........
HUGS
patti yootee
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 03:09:57 pm »
I am soooo glad Andrea has you. Please tell her we are routing for her. Sending warm hugs for the two of you!
I wish I had a Patti before my surgery. I felt like I was the only one on earth with a tumour.
Can't wait for an update.
Michelle
 ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 03:13:12 pm »
Sending Andrea lots and lots of hugs and prayers.  Each day will bring some small improvements - and more naps!  We're rooting for you, Andrea!!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 07:17:40 am »
Andrea,

Welcome to "postie land"!  I knew you'd do it!

Now for the hard part--recuperating and accepting your "new" normal. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: Less than 24 hours from now...andrea in slc update
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 07:17:09 pm »
Breif update on Andrea in slc,
  Talked at length with her hubby this morning. She is till having a pretty rough time with neusea and the left side of her face is pretty limp, and she is in lots of pain.  :'( They were grateful for my advice on bringging eye drops and gel to the hospital with her as she started needing them immediately and we all know how well the hospital advises us of the eye care need. By the time they even recoginzed I was having eye issues  I  had already scratched my cornea. He is to call and let me know if I should go see her tomorrow, mon or wait till she goes home.  We all know how hard it was to have visitors the frist week or so.

Anyway,  more later

HUGS TO ALL :-*
patti UT