Author Topic: Less than 24 hours from now...  (Read 6782 times)

Kaybo

Re: Less than 24 hours from now...
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 07:24:20 pm »
Give her a big hug for me & tell her I said she had to get better to eat the Mint M&M's!!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

sgerrard

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 07:31:51 pm »
By my count Andrea is still on day 2, and the first 3 days don't count. I hope she gets past the nausea and pain soon. Thanks for the update.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

wendysig

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 09:29:37 pm »
Patti,
Thanks for the update on Andrea.  Sorry to hear nausea is giving her a problem and about her facial nerve dysfunction.  Hopefully both will be short lived and she will start feeling better soon.  Chocolate ALWAYS helps. Hope she brought lots of M&Ms with her.  Please let her know she is in my prayers.

Sending good healing thoughts her way,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

sher

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 10:30:23 pm »
Patti,
This is Sherry in Lehi... I have chatted with Andrea on this forum several times.. please give her my best and I am glad that she has you to help support her. You were a big help when I was first diagnosed. God Bless you both,
Sherry
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 01:12:56 pm »
BIG UPDATE!!

Andrea herself called me this morning and they are releasing her from the hospital today.  WOW!  sounds like she has improved greatly since I spoke with her hubby yesterday morning.  She has been out of bed and walked and her nasuea is better.  She can't wait to get home and in her own bed. (and her M&M stash ;D) I'm so happy to hear she is doing well enough to go home on only the 3rd day post op.  Way to go Andrea.   I'm sure you will see a post from her yourself in the next little while..............               YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll be delivering chocolate soon

Hugs to all

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

andrea in slc

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 12:31:30 pm »
Patti, thank you so much for posting and for being my AN buddy! You are awesome!

I'M HOME I'M HOME I'M HOME! Feels so good to be in my own bed with my own pillow and real food.

I'm doing better with the headaches, still a little nauseated, so dang tired! And my left eye is dry, Sigh. As well as the left side of my face being droopy, but it should improve. LOL Don't think my dh knows what to do with my pirate wench smile.

And, sadly, anything sweet makes me even more sick to my stomach, so no M&Ms for me yet, but soon!

Thanks to you all for your well wishes, prayers, good thoughts, and again to you Patti, for all of your help. I coudn't have done this without my dh or you guys at all!

Patti, I'll call you a little bit later after my next nap. Hope you're not too wonky-headed today! Big hugs to all of you.  ;D Hey, can we get a droopy smiley face on here?  ;)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 01:27:34 pm »
Welcome back, Andrea!  Don't worry, your taste will come back - for now just eat whatever tastes good.  There will always be chocolate when you are ready.

Now, go rest...

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 02:50:02 pm »
andrea... floored! Absolutely floored!  :o  Welcome home, you postie! :)  Thrilled you got to befriend our dear PattyYooTee and she's taking good care of you (would expect nothing less from her) and sending you continued wellness wishes! Please take it easy, know I'm thinking of you and again, congrats to you!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 05:26:38 pm »
Andrea,
You're awesome!  Rest, nap, walk, (like a terrier).   :D  I am wishing you chocolate days soon.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

andrea in slc

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 08:12:20 am »
Thanks again all. We got to take the pressure bandage off yesterday (new torture device holy cow) and I cannot BELIEVE how big my stapled incision is! HOLY COW. I feel like I've gone back to my rebellious youth in the 80s, except I wasn't rebellious. Maybe I had to save it to age 41, when I get this amazing almost half-mohawk hairdo! Good grief! LOL. Time to dig out my neon colors, spike up what is left of my hair (almost half a freaking mohawk on one side, geez), and put on my leg warmers. Hey, where are my Thompson Twins and Depeche Mode CDs? I'm feeling an 80s flashback coming on, after breakfast and a nap, of course.

Better slowly every day, but the picture of a half-mohawked, droopy-faced, pirate-wench smiling woman who has leg hair almost long enough to braid is a bit much. Eww, sorry for the mental picture, everyone. Staples out tomorrow and then I get a shower, not a sponge bath!!!

NL

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 02:54:03 pm »
Andrea,

It's good to see you up and posting! You sound like you're doing great for one week post-op! And I'm sure you'll feel SO much better when you get your staples out tomorrow. Enjoy the naps in the meantime.  :)

Congratulations on your "postie" status!

Nancy L
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 06:33:06 pm »
Hey There...
  Got to visit with our new postie Andrea yesterday.  She was up and even dressed. I was so impressed. I sat around in jammies forever it seemed.(or should I say "spun around" with the vertigo LOL)
  Anyhoo,   she looked pretty darned great for just havin the "hole in the head" experience.  Her face looks as beautiful as before and any limpness is only noticable when she smiles, so it should come around pretty quickly once the swelling in there.  Got to see her Frankinstein scar and she even shwoed me her new belly divit,  AWWWWWW!!!!!  We all gotz 'em. welcome to the divit club 

YOU ROCK ANDREA!!!! your doing great.  Don't go too fast, take it easy, and remember, I'm just a phone call away.  see ya soon!

BIG HUGS
Patti UT

aka  yotee
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 04:31:53 pm »
Is that yooooouuuuu Miss Yoooooootteeeeeeeeeeee!  How lucky is Andrea!!!!

Hip Hip Hurray!
Let's raise a toastie!
"Salt Lake Andie"
Is now a Postie!

Take good care of her, ye wench!

And you, Miss Andrea, get lots of rest and heal quick!

Big Huuuuuuuugs!

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 04:35:01 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 04:41:34 pm »
Andrea:

Congratulations on what seems to be a pretty successful surgery and a probable rapid recovery.  You did good!  :D  (no surprise). 

Now, try to take it easy, 'rebel'.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 12:20:45 pm »
Is that yooooouuuuu Miss Yoooooootteeeeeeeeeeee! 

Tis me Cap'n Deb,  How the heck are ya???  That pup of yours must be gittin big as an ox by now.  Saw you climbed a big mountain,  way to go Cap'n.  How're the brainwrecks these days? Hope yer doin well.

patti yotee