Author Topic: Holiday Cookie Recipes  (Read 28185 times)

Jill Marie

Re: Holiday Cookie Recipes
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 12:43:40 am »
Just thought I would let you know that I have officially started the Holiday Baking Season!  After reading the posts I decided I would spend more time in the kitchen and less time in the stores this Holiday Season!  I made my first batch of Pumpkin Bread this evening and will make another batch this weekend along with some pumpkin pies.  When I was young my Mom was bed ridden and couldn't cook or bake so all four of us kids (1 brother, 2 sisters) did all the cooking.  Mom had us make the pumpkin pies and freeze them a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving so we wouldn't have to make them along with all the other Thanksgiving Day dishes.  I freeze the pumpkin bread as well, tastes just as good as fresh out of the oven.  Next I will make some Party Mix as it keeps well.  Then I'm going to make some of the goodies I've read on this thread and mail them to my family and give some to co-workers and friends.   Jill :P
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 12:32:39 pm »
These sound so good.  I'm printing some of these recipes out and I'll give them a try.  Thanks, ladies!

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 02:10:37 pm »
Just wanted to let you know that  yesterday I baked the lemon drop cookies.  Very nice!  Despite all the fat and sugar, these taste very light and delicate.  I didn't have lemon flavoring so used real lemon juice in the frosting and it came out great.  I also put in a little bit of lemon zest, too. Since it made quite a few cookies, my husband took a plate of them to work and he reports that everyone liked them.  Great recipe, and I thank you.  Next it's the chocolate raspberry bars.  I'll be using the dark chocolate chips.  yum.

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 07:33:39 pm »
I am glad you liked them! You'll love the raspberry bars..

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 06:48:24 am »
This is awesome!!! Keep them comin' just in time for my Christmas baking ~ yummmy!
I am going to dig out my favorite cookies recipe to share.
Loving cookies.
Michelle  :o
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 02:05:57 pm »
These suckers look nasty but taste AWESOME and are healthy, too!

DOG TURD COOKIES

Grab a Bag of Nestle or Hershey DARK Chocolate Chips and follow the directions on the back for chocolate chip cookies and modify as follows:

1. Use only brown sugar--they will be a little moister.
2. use 1/2 whole wheat flour or 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour
3. add to the dry ingredients--1/3 cup Hershey's Dark Coco Powder and stir well
4. when you have mixed the wet ingredients into the dry add the following:

1/2 cup rolled oats
       1 cup chopped walnuts
       1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
       1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
       and don't forget the dark chocolate chips!

5. This batter will be a little thick, (you can add a little milk) hence the name, but these cookies are thick, chewy, crunchy and good!

Bake for 12 minutes at 350 and enjoy!

Capt Deb

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 02:27:09 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Tisha

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 07:22:21 pm »
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies:

2 cups sugar
4 T Cocoa
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
3 cups QUICK oatmeal
1 cup peanut butter
1 t vanilla

Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in pan and mix on hot until boiling.  When it begins a rapid boil, continue for just 1 minute.
Then turn off heat (or move pan to another burner). 
Put in peanut butter and vanilla and melt, then add in oats and mix well.

Put on waxed paper.  I do a large teaspoon to tablespoon size cookies.  Makes about 24 to 36 cookies, depending on how large they are.  Let sit for 30 minutes or so.  Remember...use Quick 1-minute oats.

Tisha
1.7 x 1.0 x .9 cm (diagnosed Oct 2008)
1.8 x 1.2 x 1.1 cm  (July 2010-swelling)
1.5 x .9 x .9 cm  (Mar 2013 - 5 yr MRI)
Cyberknife at Stanford, week of 1/12/09 -  Drs. Chang and Soltys

Jill Marie

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 10:49:56 pm »
Holiday Baking ALERT!  I took tomorrow off from work so I can bake, decorate, wrap & maybe shop a little.  I have so much I want to do and enjoy doing it so I decided to treat myself to a day of nothing but Christmas fun!!!  I need some support here so I will not stray and do something stupid like laundry or cleaning when I'm suppose to be having fun.  I'm hoping that playing Christmas music will help me stick to the plan.  I got some really good deals on some things for my oldest sons kids, I'm sure there going to love them and can't wait tell they open them.  Gotta go wrap things up so I'm ready for tomorrow.  Jolly Jill ;D
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Tisha

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 11:08:54 am »
I always try to pop in a christmas DVD while wrapping.  A glass of wine also makes it more fun!

Tisha
1.7 x 1.0 x .9 cm (diagnosed Oct 2008)
1.8 x 1.2 x 1.1 cm  (July 2010-swelling)
1.5 x .9 x .9 cm  (Mar 2013 - 5 yr MRI)
Cyberknife at Stanford, week of 1/12/09 -  Drs. Chang and Soltys

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2008, 03:07:48 pm »
Donnalynn, are you Martha Stewart in disguise?
 :D

Sue in VAN
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2008, 10:20:34 pm »
These recipes are better than any holiday magazine collection of cookies!
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Jill Marie

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2008, 12:13:12 am »
Donnalynn, are you Martha Stewart in disguise?
maybe you should kitchen test my recipes before you let this slip okay? Then we'll start the rumors okay?   
... too funny!

Donnalynn

I kitchen tested Donnalynn's Bon, Bon's today!  I bought the ingredients about a month ago and was waiting for the right time to make them.  Took last Wednesday off work to bake & decorate.  Didn't get as much done as I wanted to.  Took this Wednesday off to wrap presents and bake.  It started snowing and didn't stop tell this aftenoon, so, I spent a lot of my day off shoveling, got most of the wrapping done.  Woke up this morning to find my office was closed for a snow day.  Hubby & I shoveled and hauled wood from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.  Then they called my husband into work, he drives a Med Van, takes patients to and from the hospital to rehab, and from home to the doctors.  Today they rented him a 4 wheel drive truck to help the hospital get nurses to those that couldn't get to the hospital.  The highlight of his day was taking a new mom home with her baby that was born a month early, they will be home for Christmas.  I've wanted to make the bon bons for my Hubby so today seemed like the perfect day, you should have seen the smile on his face when he walked in from a very long days work to find the Christmas cakes I made for him!  To top it off he told me yesterday that he needed something to take to work to give to his co-workers for Christmas, problem solved!  Thanks, Jill

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2008, 06:08:50 pm »
So here's a thought.

All of you who love to make cookies, should send them to all of us who don't, so we can sample them  ;)

I'll start that list:

1)  Jan  :D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2008, 11:58:36 pm »
I'll second that!  Add me to the list of people who love to eat but hate to bake!!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2008, 09:27:11 am »
I'm sharing this year's goodies with those of you that don't bake:-)
Lemon Knot Cookies and Chocolate Chip Pistacchio and Raspberry Crumble bars included on the plate!

http://picasaweb.google.com/KMBphotos/CookieBake2008?feat=directlink
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:44:05 pm by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN