Author Topic: BAHA in Connecticut -  (Read 2884 times)

solecleansing

BAHA in Connecticut -
« on: September 01, 2008, 12:47:14 pm »
Could anyone tell me where to find a doctor who has BAHA experience in the state of Connecticut? I've researched the web and am very frustrated because I don't know where and how to find the correct type of doctor in my area.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

regards.  Judy ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 06:12:51 am by solecleansing »

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Need info: BAHA in Connecticut - where to go?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:36:28 pm »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:16:07 am »
Hi Judy, you might get some info. on this site http://www.baha-users-support.com/ they answer all your baha questions and there is a few american members hope this helpsx
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:16:11 pm »
This is a wonderful link http://www.baha-users-support.com/
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Joef

• Administrator
  • ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 07:35:03 pm »
I'm not sure that there is one in CT .... at least not a few years ago when I was looking ... I'll be sporting mine at the NE brunch  ;D
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

solecleansing

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 06:11:01 am »
I found a new audiologist in Danbury, CT and I went for my BAHA demo yesterday.  The audiologist was very knowledgable and so willing to answer all my questions.

During the demo - it was amazing to "hear" again. I can only explain that it is not stereo but a full rich sound.  The audiologist let me take the BAHA home for a week - The headband is a little tight but that is OKay.  After we left the audiologist office we went out to dinner.  I COULD actually hear the conversations all around me.  Yahoo.  I have a doctors appointment next Friday to discuss the surgery.  Please keep your fingers crossed that I am a good candidate for the device.

Tonight I am going to see Whoopie Goldberg in concert and I'll have to find something to wear to match the red headband.  Hou lucky I am to have such a problem.

Judy

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: BAHA in Connecticut -
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 05:19:30 pm »
Judy -

glad you're enjoying the BAHA demo  ;D Although I always tell others how amazing it was to hear again during my demo, it's hard to relay that enthusiasm - you kind of have to experience it yourself.

I'm praying that you'll be a BAHA candidate; I don't know how I survived 9 months of SSD without mine.

Let us know what the doctor has to say on Friday.

Thanks,

Jan

Joef

• Administrator
  • ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 05:17:32 am »
glad to "hear" the demo went well !! be sure to check out the user support link .. they have some great users... plus a few stories and graphic pictures of post surgery ..  I love my BAHA !
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 08:41:15 pm »
joef -

they have graphic surgery pics on the BAHA user support link?  Seriously?

I was awake during my surgery, but obviously couldn't see a thing  :D  I've been dying to know how the doc did my surgery.

I've been on the BAHA users website before, but didn't see any surgery pics.  Where do I find them?

Jan

(sorry for the hijack, Judy)

solecleansing

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 05:12:46 pm »
Hello.

The doctors visit went fine.  The first step is to having my first annual MRI.  Then insurance process then begins.  Hopefully in a few weeks I will have some answers.

Has anyone heard of Dr. Bloch in Danbury?

Judy

solecleansing

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 02:02:57 pm »
Update:  My baha procedure is on hold.  I am in the world of insurance craziness- the doctor will not perform the surgery without a written statement from the insurance company stating they will pay and the insurance company insists that out patient surgery doesn't require a precertification.  Round and round we go.....

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 05:26:38 pm »
Judy -

thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, this sounds typical.  My neurotologist's office wanted the copy of the letter from my insurance company before they scheduled the surgery, so I sent it to them.  The ironic part is the insurance company, as is typical of insurance companies, stated in their letter that it was "not a guarantee of payment".   Go figure  ::)

I hope you get past this little hurdle soon  :)

Jan

anything
anything