Author Topic: Happy Anniversary to Me  (Read 17644 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Happy Anniversary to Me
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 01:03:13 pm »
HEY!!!!!!!!!!! I resemble that remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(   ;)   :-*

(I know, I know... I'm logging off.......   ::)   )
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 07:21:53 pm »
Lori -

something tells me if anyone gets whipped it's going to be you and me  ;D

And, Phyl -

I think you are addicted to the ANA Discussion Forum - just can't live without us, can you?  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 08:35:24 pm »
Yes, you're probably right, Jan, but I'm going to hide behind you - I'm hoping you're taller than I am and they won't see me.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 08:50:24 pm »
Happy Anniversary from me, also.  Sounds like your spirits are good, and that's important.  And sounds like you feel pretty good, and that's VERY important.

Best wishes for continued wellness.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 09:59:39 pm »
Thanks, Sue.

Lori -

I'm about 5'10", so I probably am taller than you are.

Chances are I'm also wider.  Now that my taste buds are back to normal, I've been a little too indulgent  ;)

Hoping to rectify that situation very soon  :D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 01:46:59 pm »
Oh my, yes, definitely taller.  Probably not wider though.  I plan on working on that one of these days too.... 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 01:49:28 pm »
Happy Anniversiary, Jan.  Defintely something to celebrate.  Congrats..

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 05:05:34 pm »
Thanks for the congrats, Pooter.  It's probably hard for you to believe right now, but the first year goes fast. 

Hang in there!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 06:15:16 pm »
Jan-
tomorrow is processor day for you, isn't it?  I can't wait to hear (really!) how it works for you - will be tuned in tomorrow afternoon when I get back from Dr. Louie...

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 06:41:50 pm »
Jan,
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary.
You were also one of the first persons to welcome me here.
I'm really interested in how you like your BAHA.
That's amazing you were able to hike 4 miles!!  I've been to that place in Indiana.  We used to lilve in Ohio.  It's nice there.
You've come a long way......and I'm proud of you.
I love your personality (and others here, too).  The humor here is great. 
My surgery is coming up in 23 days!
Keep up the humor, and take care of yourself. 
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 06:42:57 pm »
Yes, tomorrow IS processor day!!!!!  Thanks for remembering, Debbi  :)

My appt. with the doc is at 10 a.m.  From what I understand he has to check the site to make sure it's healed properly before giving me the go ahead.  We are also going to review the results of my 1st annual MRI since we never did that - just exchanged emails about the results.  I have a copy of the radiologist's report and I'm rather anxious to get a translation of the medical terminology.

After the doc, I think I'm scheduled to spend some time with the audiologist who I guess will acquaint me with the processor and how it works.  Plus I think Lori mentioned that BAHA recipients usually get some kind of "gift pack"  :D

Should be a very interesting day.  I'm looking forward to it. 

Hope all goes well with Dr. Louie and that you can lose "the lemon"  ;)  Are you now "stitchless" ?

Jan

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 06:55:26 pm »
Thanks, Lacey.

I have come a long way and, if it's not too egotistical of me, I'm happy to say that I'm proud of myself too.

I attended college in Notre Dame, IN - not too far from the Dunes - and I always meant to take a road trip there one weekend but never got around to it.  I also missed all the road trips to the Kentucky Derby and the Indianapolis 500, so these places are still on my "meaning to" list.  The dunes are really cool  8) and I encourage anyone in the area to go there; it's well worth it.

I'm hopeful that tomorrow's BAHA proves to be as amazing as I thought the demo was.  Come to think of it, if it's half as amazing, I'll be thrilled.  I absolutely loved the demo   ;D

23 days and counting, huh?  It will be here before you know it.  The best advice I can give you is to not second guess your decision and to focus on the confidence you have in your doctor(s).  You have the easy part during the surgery - you'll be asleep - but you will have some work to do post op on the road to recovery.  Remember that the road is not insurmountable and you shouldn't stress about "what ifs" when it comes to side effects.  Just take things as they come.  Half of the time we worry about things that never happen.

Keep that sense of humor,

Jan

lori67

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 09:15:36 pm »
Ohhh, Jan... the BAHA gift pack!!!  You must be so excited!  I'm sure it won't include the bottle of Dawn or the cake box string, but it will have a toothbrush.

And since we're talking BAHA's - I went to get my hair cut today by someone different and warned her about the screw in my head - she actually has another client who has one.  I just thought that was interesting.  And here I thought I was unique in my one-horse town...Guess I'll have to come up with something else...

Lori

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 09:23:19 pm »
Lori -

interesting to hear there are two BAHA patients in your town.  Kind of a rare occurrence I'm sure; although more and more people are getting them.  They aren't as rare as they used to be.  Don't worry though, we're still special  ;)  And Steve still wants to be like us  ;)

I've actually been putting off getting my hair cut.  I had it cut shortly after the implant, but thought I'd let it grow a little until I see how much hair I'll need to cover the processor.

Wonder what color my toothbrush will be  ;D

Jan

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 11:05:03 pm »
Lori,
hummmmmmm.....you will have to come up with something more unique that no one else has!
How about a 2 headed dog..............OR (and this is better), what was the name of that woman who rode naked thru town on a horse?  THAT would definitely be unique.....and everyone would remember your name!  LOL.
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.