Author Topic: Happy Anniversary to Me  (Read 17646 times)

wendysig

Re: Happy Anniversary to Me
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2008, 11:38:15 pm »
I  have to agree with Debbi again (you're really on a roll tonight) that age is just a state of mind.  Sometimes I'm very surprised when I look in the mirror because I feel so much younger.  My kids know which side the bread is buttered on.  They always tell me  how young I look compared to their friends mothers, most of whom are years younger than me, although in more than a few cases it is true.  My younger daughter even went as far as saying her best friend's mom looks scary without makeup, but I don't.  I think that's because the other mother always wears makeup and I don't always wear it though.  Although now that I think about it,  I've never seen her without makeup, maybe she does look scary!

Jan - You look at least 100 years younger than you feel even if it is only a sometimes thing.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

Re: Happy Anniversary to Me
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2008, 11:04:29 am »

Lori do you at your young age of 116 take picture on just that side so you look younger?  Just wondering.  ;) 16

Yes, sadly that has become my "good" side.  I can't smile, but at least I look like a grouchy YOUNG person!    And I never have to worry about that eye being caught in mid-blink when the picture is taken!   ;)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.