Author Topic: Happy Anniversary to Me  (Read 17618 times)

Anomar11

Re: Happy Anniversary to Me
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 12:42:35 pm »
Happy Anniversary, Jan.

I'm very happy for you.  I'm sure in a year's time you have helped many.   I know in this short week you've helped me.  The older we get, the more we know that time flies, and a year is really nothing.  Of course when facing something like this, at the beginning of that year it can seem like an eternity.  Best of luck with your BAHA. 

Mona
L An diagnosed 5/08 2.0 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm.  Cyberknife Stanford Drs Chang and Gibbs Nov '08.  One yr: 2.1 x 1.4 x 1.6, Two yr: 2.2 x 1.5 x 1.8, Three yr: 1.9 x 1.5 x 1.5, Four year 1.6 x 1.1 x 1.1, Six yr: 1.4 x .7 x .9

wendysig

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 12:53:33 pm »
Hi Jan -
Happy anniversary!  I know you can't wait to get  your BAHA processor and I am thrillled for you that you'll have it in just a few more days.  There is nothing like getting something you really want and I'm sure you're just about jumping for joy. 

Best wishes,

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

cheza

• I must be strong, this thing is beating me
    • facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 03:01:48 am »

Well done you,

a big congrats from over the pond, I'm 6 months post op and I can't belive it either, you must be so proud of yourself!!!!!

Keep the fire burning

Cheza XxX   :-*
diagnosed 4th Oct 07 with a 3cm left acoustic neuroma,
surgery 9th Nov 07, age 30 at time of surgery,
total hearing loss to left ear, grade 6 facial palsay (getting better)
latest MRI shows regrowth on facial nerve.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 05:28:15 am »
Your one-year report is something to celebrate!  I'm happy for you. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 06:28:41 am »
Happy ANniversary, Jan!

Great news!  Congratulations, best wishes and Yahoooooooooooooooooo!  The rest comes very quickly, after that first year. 

Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 08:05:35 am »
*runs in.... gives Jan a MAJOR happy congrats huggle!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Congrats hun! Onward and upward!!!!!

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 08:23:14 am »
Congrats, Jan!  And thank you so much for sticking around here to give your insight and support to everyone else - you are always so helpful and supportive to newbies and oldies (?) alike.  Here's hoping for a wonderful upcoming year with your new BAHA!

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

er

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 08:44:33 am »
Congratulations Jan,
eve

Tamara

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 09:07:59 am »

Congrats from me too, Jan!! I look forward to hearing about the BAHA and hope to join you on that journey soon, myself.  Thanks for taking the time to post to all of us with questions and concerns...I definitely appreciate the insight!

Tamara
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 09:30:28 am »
In honor of your First Anniversary, Sadie is doing a Puppy Dance!!!!! Taaa Daaaaa!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Wench Jan!!!!

Capt Deb

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »
Thanks to everyone for all your kind words - they mean a lot to me  :)

And K - I actually cheated a little when I created this topic.  It was only 11:30 Chicago time, but due to the time change on the forum it showed up as 12:30  ;)

I've just returned from an overnight camping trip with my kids at the Indiana State Dunes - a place I have wanted to visit for 25+ years while I was in college.  It was one of many things I've always wanted to do in my life and just never got around to.  I figured my AN anniversary was a very good time to finally go there.

I am proud to say that I took a 4 mile hike with my son that included some very high flights of wooden stairs.  Climbing up wasn't bad, but climbing down them was very creepy and a little bit of a challenge.  I'm used to focusing on objects straight ahead of me to help my balance, but looking down while I descended was very interesting  :D

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LADavid

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 07:50:53 pm »
Congratulations, Jan!!!  That's a huge milestone.  Just think back from when you were first diagnosed at how far the journey has led you.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

claire1

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 11:04:03 pm »
Jan

Happy Anniversary to you
You were one of first to greet me here onboard and I will never forget you words of wisdom, from whence you came.  They were also mine from whence I came too, but you shared your experience with me and that was a world of difference for me.  Your humor is intregal in the  process of the AN journey and now I know why. Laughter is the best medicine.  Still waiting for Steve to knit me my cap.lol

Best Wishes
Claire   

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 10:41:58 am »
Thanks for the kind words David & Claire. 

I sometimes wonder if my humor is a bit too much at times, but I try to keep myself in line.  If I get too carried away, I'm confident our faithful moderators will reign me in  ;)

We really need to get Steve on the ball with this hat project.  Symposium 2009 is only 14 months away!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 12:41:42 pm »
You know those moderators will crack the whip if necessary to keep you in line, Jan.  It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it!   :D

Good thing the rest of us around here are serious at all times....

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.