Author Topic: Magic Scarf next journey  (Read 101844 times)

sidecar Kathy

Re: Magic Scarf next journey
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2013, 03:34:04 pm »
Great idea Clarice!!!  Jcaqui send me a private message and I can give you my address if you want to do that.  I'm looking forward to reading everyone entries in the journal.
Kathy

Keri

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2013, 05:18:22 pm »
Kathy, do you know yet when your surgery is? I may have missed the info, but didn't see it in your posts.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Glenda

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2013, 08:21:31 pm »
Hi Kathy,

I mailed the scarf to you today.  I laundered it and got it smelling nice for you  :).  Please let me know how you are doing with your surgery.  I'm sure you will find comfort in having the scarf!  Praying for you!

Your AN friend!
Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »
@ Glenda I will let you know as soon as I get it, thanks a lot.  @ Keri my surgery is scheduled for March 14th at Emory in Atlanta. 
Kathy

cindyj

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2013, 02:02:32 pm »
Hey, Kathy!  So glad you are getting the Magic Scarf!  It really is a special tradition...I would love to see it again when I come visit with you on your pre-op day - especially the journal (I had it back in Nov 08). I started a list here awhile back with all the recipients and I would love to add everyone else who has had it to the list...

Of course, there is plenty of virtual Magic going around for everyone here on the forum who needs it, whether or not you actually ever have the Scarf ;D

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2013, 01:20:02 pm »
Hi Glenda,
I just wanted to let you know that the Magic Scarf made it here safe and sound.  It might be a few days till I can check out the journal.  Having a b-day party for my hubby tomorrow and I have lot to do plus my daughters are surprising there Dad and flying in from CT.  Lots of company this weekend.  Can't wait to read all the posts.  I already can feel the positive energy from it.  Thank you for sending it to me Glenda and continued success on your recovery.
Hugs, Kathy

Glenda

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2013, 06:24:38 pm »
Hi Kathy!

So glad the scarf made it to you!  I was out of town to visit the Dr's so am just checking in.  I'm sure you will enjoy having the scarf as all of us have.  Hope the vibes comfort you  :)  I will continue to check in with you and praying all goes well with your surgery and recovery.  My husband has had surgery at Emory and it is a WONDERFUL place!! I know you will be well taken care of!

Hugs (())
Glenda
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2013, 06:01:33 pm »
@ Glenda, I have been enjoying the Magic Scarf.  I wore it to Bunco the other night hoping it would bring me some luck (been on a losing streak) but still no luck.  I've also worn it when I rode my motorcycle.  Surgery is next week, UGH!!!  Are you on the AN Facebook?  Its a great site and like the forum great people on it.  I met Mary from CT that is having surgery the same day as me.  We are AN sisters!!! 

jamssp

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2013, 06:18:19 pm »
It's true, Kathy and I are AN sisters!  (And I definitely could use a little magic that day even if I don't have the official scarf!)

Mary
2 cm AN, Translab March 2013, Dr's. Gutin & Selesnick, Memorial Sloan Kettering, NY.
SSD but otherwise doing great!

Glenda

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2013, 10:37:02 am »
Kathy and Mary!

Praying you both have successful surgeries and speedy recoveries!!
Mary, even though the Magic Scarf can't be in two places at once we will send those healing vibes out to you!
Looking forward to hearing from you both as posties!!

Glenda
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm

SSD tinnitus dizziness

It is what it is

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2013, 11:12:13 am »
I'm adding my prayers and thoughts to both of you as well. 

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

cindyj

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2013, 12:31:53 pm »
I was able to meet with Kathy on Wed after her pre-op appt at Emory...was so nice to visit with her and her husband, Art!  And it was great to see the Magic Scarf again and to see all the entries made in the journal since mine over 4 years ago!  So awesome that the tradition continues!  And the Magic worked for Kathy!  Art posted on Facebook that she came thru surgery fine yesterday! 

Mary, hope all is going well for you, too! 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2013, 04:49:43 pm »
Anyone having surgery soon??? The Magic Scarf is available.  Email me at akrhoades@cox.net if interested.

Kathy

mandy721

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2013, 10:19:51 am »
Mary,
I have been thinking about you and hope you are doing well after your surgery.
Miranda
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2013, 09:14:04 am »
Hi Everyone,
Well the "Magic Scarf" is on its way to Connie Marie in Michigan.  Connie will be having her surgery on April 15th.  I wish Connie all the best in her upcoming surgery.  Connie, we all will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.   
Your An Sister,
Kathy