Author Topic: Magic Scarf next journey  (Read 102177 times)

It is what it is

Re: Magic Scarf next journey
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2012, 02:45:19 pm »
Congratulations!!!!!  I'm anxious to hear more when you are able.  Welcome home postie.  :)

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

Lynn Mc

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2012, 07:18:29 am »
So happy for you Chris.....  Now you have joined the  to the posties !!!  Keep us posted...
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

Aprilcl

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2012, 09:16:59 am »
Glenda - the scarf is on the way!  The book and pictures are so inspirational!   Chris
PS moving better today.  I can actually type!   
Diagnosed 2011
Surgery 10/26/2012
Mass Gen and Mass Eye and Ear
Drs. Barker & McKenna
AN size 1.5 cm
Also vascular compression of facial nerve

It is what it is

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2012, 07:42:20 pm »
Welcome back to the world.  I'm glad to hear you are moving better and typing.  Any details about your experience and how you are now that you are willing to share?  With caring,

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

Glenda

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2012, 07:19:01 pm »
Chris

So happy to hear from you as a postie and to hear how well you are doing!!  You have given me great hope!  Looking forward to wearing the scarf and reading the stories!!! Welcome back!!! Please give us updates on how you are doing.

Is there anyone out there that would like to have the scarf after me?

Glenda

Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

cindyj

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2013, 07:53:50 am »
Hey, guys!  Is the Scarf still on the move?  Who has it now?  I want to (eventually ;)) add to the list I started awhile back of everyone who has had the Scarf since its beginning with Deb Bifulco...will track that page down and add it here when I have a minute...

Take care, all!

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

ewchisek

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2013, 02:49:30 pm »
Hi everyone!  Could someone explain the magic scarf? I am having my surgery on February 11 and would love any kind of magic I can get :)

Aprilcl

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 03:16:32 pm »
I am new and just had the scarf for my surgery on Oct 26. 
It is a book and scarf that is passed to those having surgery... the book includes photos and stories of the surgery
and recovery.  Every time I wore the scarf, I thought of everyone else who wore it before me and their successes.   
It is such comfort.  Try to get it before your surgery in February.  Good Luck!!!
Diagnosed 2011
Surgery 10/26/2012
Mass Gen and Mass Eye and Ear
Drs. Barker & McKenna
AN size 1.5 cm
Also vascular compression of facial nerve

Sam-NewZealand

• My Blog : Sams Snippets
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 08:23:41 pm »
my surgery is booked for the 25th January & although i doubt the scarf would makes its was here i'm sure it's magic will drift across waters and through computer screens and be with me also :)
MRI on 16 Nov 2012 diagnosed - 29 years old!
Left AN 2.7 x 2.6 x 2.4 cm - pressing on brainstem & sensory nerve for face, full/numb ear feeling, constant tinnitus & major hearing loss in Left ear
7 hr AN surgery 25 Jan 2013
2 hr CSF Leak surgery 16 Feb
SSD Left, dry eye & slight Facial Nerve Damamge

Glenda

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2013, 11:53:18 am »
I have the scarf and will gladly send it to whoever would like it next.  Please inbox me your address as to where to mail it.  It is comforting to have.

Glenda
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 05:55:01 pm »
@ Glenda,  I just sent you a private message about the scarf.  If its still available I would love to have it for my surgery.  It a great idea and I would love to be a part of it.  Thanks!

Glenda

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2013, 07:05:59 pm »
Hi Kathy,

I have not heard from anyone else so I will send the scarf your way.  I will probably get it out to you the first of next week.  I hope you enjoy having it and I will be praying for you and your doctors on your upcoming surgery! 

Glenda
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm

SSD tinnitus dizziness

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2013, 10:51:57 am »
Hi Glenda, that is so awesome, thanks Glenda!!!!  I know that scarf has lots of Juju and will help me when I have my surgery.  I am looking forward to reading all the entries in the journal.  Do you want me to send you some money for postage?  I would be glad too.  I promise to take really good care of it. 
Kathy

kiwi

• Facebook
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2013, 03:47:30 pm »
I just wanted to say that the magic scarf was indeed a comforting scarf for me, just knowing that I had it before my surgery and that everyone's well wishes were firmly implanted in that material. It had flown all the way to the USA to little ole New Zealand and put a big smile on my face when I received it in the post!  Unfortunately the journal never got to me - so I will keeps my pics of me and the scarf.

Good luck to all those having surgery this year and may you have a speedy recovery.

Jacqui
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2013, 04:52:12 pm »
Jacqui .....

Maybe you could send your story and pictures to Kathy and she could insert it into the right date.  I did that with several people when I had it because the journal and scarf were separated for a period of time before I received it.

Dave had a neat case made for the two things so it should not get separated again.

Just a thought because we'd really like your story and pictures to be included.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011