Author Topic: Wish me luck! :)  (Read 26357 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: Wish me luck! :)
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2010, 06:11:36 am »
as for MRIs , I am almost 6 months past due and until I can fake a medical emergency that requires an MRI of my head I guess I will do without ... insurance doesn't pay for what they term maintenance MRIs but will pay for one in case of an emergency ...awwwwwwwwww the crazy world of insurance woes

and I guess a fake medical emergency is out since I am not a good faker and would get caught and locked up for insurance fraud ... in jail though the local prisoners have full coverage ...hmmmmmm might be such a bad plan after all  ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:16:49 am by Soundy »
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2010, 07:42:27 am »
Soundy -

please don't turn into a criminal for the sake of insurance.  I'm not sure they'd let you access the ANA Forum from jail  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2010, 08:36:36 am »
our jail has no smoking , no vending machines for snacks or drinks , no TV room , no computers , two orange suits per week , (but you can shower daily) ... and if you don't go out on work detail (non violent crime  offenders) you are fed breakfast and dinner , no lunch ... our last Sheriff took all perks away and learned that by state law he is only obligated to feed prisoners 2 times a day ... he even made Good Morning America for being tough ... crime in the county has dropped ... new sheriff kept all changes in place ... former sheriff is Bo's cousin and now our districts state rep... wonder if he could pull some strings and get me a lap top ???  ;)

really have no intention of becoming a criminal ... and still looking for better coverage from someone who will take me ... did learn through human services that I could get catastrophic coverage through the state that would cover AN issues ...

catch is , I have to get divorced and live in separate dwelling from Bo and recieve no support from him ...  >:( ...

sorry for butt in Pooter
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2010, 02:58:02 pm »
Mom, my MRI is scheduled for 5/25 at 1:15pm.  Dunno about follow-up appt with surgeon, but likely the week or so after the MRI is complete.  You're welcome.  ;)

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2010, 07:29:38 am »
Good man, Brian!!!  As the co-nagger on this, I am VERY happy that you have your MRI scheduled.  Now Jan and I can get on to nagging other people.  Hm, who's next?  How 'bout Capt Deb???

Sending you a big hug, Brian.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2010, 11:00:13 pm »
Update:  next Friday from 11:30am-4:00pm I'm set to meet with several members of the team in Austin.  They weren't kidding when they said a half day of interviews with several people. Yikes!

Debbi, it wouldn't be the same without you and Jan continuing to get after me for scheduling my MRI. I know it's only because you guys care. Besides, as you say, we are surgery twins. :)

Regards,
Brian
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2010, 05:04:39 am »
Brian, I've an interview like that before, and it was not so bad. I prefer them to large group interviews because it's easier to focus.

Sara

P.S. I got that job.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2010, 04:01:18 pm »
Sara, it's not so much a group interview as it is back-to-back personal interviews with 5 individuals.  At least one of the 5 is one of my best friends in the world..  At least that one's in the bag (I hope)..  Thanks for the sentiments, though.  Big week for me personally with the MRI tomorrow, driving out of town Thursday night and interviews for most of the day Friday..  I hope come the weekend I have great news to share with everyone.. ;)

Thanks!

Brian

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2010, 05:26:42 pm »
What I meant is that I prefer the back-to-back personal interviews. I had, I think, eight half-hour interviews with individuals, plus a group lunch.

I'm sure your friend is spreading good thoughts about you among his colleagues, and they will be predisposed to be impressed.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2010, 06:45:45 am »
Good luck with the tube of gloom - may your films be clean.

Good luck also with the interviews, son  ;)  Knock 'em dead  ;D

Co-nagger Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2010, 10:47:57 am »
Wishing you the BEST on your interviews!!   AND hope all comes out Great news on your MRI results!!
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2010, 01:20:07 am »
Sara, Jan and Denise thanks!

Update again, the interviews were today and they were intense! I met with a total of 6 people in over the allotted time. Some were hard to read how they felt it went, but from my perspective they overall went well. I guess it's back to wait mode. I'll either get an offer or not. I've done what I can and can do no more except wait. Thanks again for everyone's thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I hope to hear something from them soon (next week?).

Regards,
Brian

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2010, 09:34:42 am »
Pooter -

hope the news - when you get it - is good.

I may have to ask you for some interviewing tips in the very near future.  Work is currently a horrendous nightmare and I think I'll be throwing my hat in the employment arena very shortly.

Jan

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2010, 01:34:06 pm »
Update again, the interviews were today and they were intense! I met with a total of 6 people in over the allotted time. Some were hard to read how they felt it went, but from my perspective they overall went well. I guess it's back to wait mode. I'll either get an offer or not. I've done what I can and can do no more except wait. Thanks again for everyone's thoughts, prayers and well wishes. I hope to hear something from them soon (next week?).

Thanks for the update, Brian.  It seems as if you did well in the interviews and at this point, it's out of your hands, so your 'whatever will be, will be'  attitude is a sensible one.

Of course, I hope you receive the job offer you want and that it all works out for you.  Either way, you've done your best.  I'll be looking for your post with the final result.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2010, 10:49:19 am »
Pooter -

hope the news - when you get it - is good.

I may have to ask you for some interviewing tips in the very near future.  Work is currently a horrendous nightmare and I think I'll be throwing my hat in the employment arena very shortly.

Jan

Jan!  Oh my gosh!  I hope that you'll be throwing your hat into the employment arena by choice rather than the other way around.  I'm not sure I can give you many tips.  Hope it gets better!

Regards,
Brian