Author Topic: Brain Tumor Walk in Denver.  (Read 1688 times)

robynabc

Brain Tumor Walk in Denver.
« on: May 26, 2010, 11:21:15 am »
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well.  I have been really busy but saw this and just had to post.  My son and I may be there.  Hope to see you if you are there.  My son had his surgery almost 3 years ago and is doing well.  Even some of his nerves issues have settled down some.  Life goes on.  You can have this condition and live a wonderful life. 

Have a great day!!

Robyn

http://www.braintumorcommunity.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BTW_CO_Homepage
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Brain Tumor Walk in Denver.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 12:14:12 pm »
Hi, Robyn ~

Thanks for the heads-up on the event.  I'm 1700 miles away and can't make it but I hope it does well and the weather cooperates. 

I'm very pleased to learn that Eric is progressing nicely with his recovery.  You've been a tower of strength for him and you guys deserve a wonderful life. :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

robynabc

Re: Brain Tumor Walk in Denver.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:17:29 am »
Thanks Jim,

Hope you guys are doing well.  I hope Eric is a good example to newbies that you can move on with your life after an AN.  He still has nerve problems but he is doing pretty good.  And he is living life and happy.   Good luck to you all.    Jim,  you also have a tower strength to many on this site.    You were amazingly helpful during Eric's surgery.  

Have a wonderful day.
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.