Author Topic: This Week 6/06/10 in the AN World  (Read 3200 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 6/06/10 in the AN World
« on: June 06, 2010, 07:43:02 pm »
Previously:

Jennifer (Jwh) had an MRI on 5/24/10 her Dr. said it was “Crystal Clear”.

Syl (Syl) had her 2 year MRI which indicated “no new growth”.

Congratulations Jennifer, and Syl.  That is great news!

Alexis’ (mom2cbnt) husband Robert is still having difficulties with a CSF leak after his translab surgery on 5/26.  We’re holding good vibes for Robert that the CSF leakage stops quickly.

Last Week:

Though I do not have an update for Stefani’s (stef84) Wednesday 6/2, and Cathy’s (chatty cathy) Thursday 6/3 surgeries, there is an update for Kris’ (ksiwek) Friday 6/4 surgery in CA.
Kris’ surgery went very well.  Thank you Mike (Wik1350), Kris’ husband, for taking the time to keep us updated.

Congratulations to our newest Posties.  Our thoughts will be with you as you begin the recovery portion of your journeys.

THIS WEEK:

Monday Jim (Jim Scott) one of our most revered Global Moderators and Hero Members will be celebrating 4 years since his retrosigmoid surgery.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Jim :)
Scarlett and I are looking forward to seeing you and Tina at the 2nd Springfield Massachusetts Support Group Meeting on 6/19/10.

Tuesday Tweety is having middle fossa surgery.
Wednesday Nate (Huber920) will be having his second middle fossa surgery.  The first was in 2007.

Tweety, and Nate you will both be in our thoughts and prayers this week for successful and uncomplicated surgeries, as well as swift recoveries.

Wednesday Nancy (NancyMc) has her 1 year follow up.  Nancy we hope that Dr. McKenna has great news for you and clean MRI results.

For all still recovering, we hope each day looks a little brighter.

We hope you all have a great week,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

opp2

Re: This Week 6/06/10 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 08:35:47 pm »
Thanks Rich,

It's my little girl's 8th birthday today. I didn't realize she was born on D Day until my Mom told me. It was a pretty long labour so I was just happy she was here. It seems like such a long time ago, but it's such a nice anniversary. My son was born on the first day of spring. I'm not sure how I managed to have them born on milestones, but it is a nice way to remember.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »
Elbee was born on Thanksgiving Day. That was fun. My water broke in the presence of about forty people at a family dinner at my in-laws.

And just remember, everyone is born on Labor Day.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 11:17:34 pm »
Rich ~

Thanks for another great weekly update.  It's hard to believe its been four years since my AN surgery - but here it is. 

My personal good thoughts and prayers to Nate and Tweety as they approach their surgeries.  Continued good recoveries to all the posties (or postie-toasties). 

I'll see you and Scarlett and anyone else that can make the June 19th Springfield Massachusetts AN support group meeting in Chicopee. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 07:42:01 am »
Thanks, Rich.  Just called to see if my report is available yet.  Transcribed but not signed off on yet.   I'll update as soon as I get news.
Katie was born at 2 am on the 4th of July 1986 Bicentennial Celebration Year after stalling through 38 hours of labor.  She likes having everyone celebrate it with fireworks and picnics.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

NancyMc

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 04:28:57 pm »
MRI clear of tumor.  Synkinesis and taste good as they're going to get.  Sinking ear not as bad as some he's seen and might not get any worse.   ??? 
Dr. McKenna says he knows the SoundBite developers, they're good guys, and I might be a candidate since I complain of the dangers of SSD.
Forgot to show him the lousy job they did on the fat graft.  No teeny weeny bikini for me, at least not this year, in spite of my new girlish figure.
So, not bad for a day's work.  Two years til the next scan and review.

NancyMc

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 04:45:40 pm »
PS - Moina aka joebloggs over in Our Fair City Cambridge, UK (only Car Talk fans will understand) also came out of her one year yesterday clean as a whistle (in case she hasn't reported otherwheres).