Author Topic: Kaybo's Moving!  (Read 34261 times)

Jackie

Re: Kaybo's Moving!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 01:18:20 am »
You all are bring back memories of when my hubby was in the Army!

Would you believe we moved 14 times in 2 years!! Guess that's why now we have lived in our same home for 35 years! All that moving in the beginning of our marriage made us want roots! Hah! Now we are tired of our place but can't find where we would like to go?? Some problem, eh?
Tired of the rain, can't take extreme heat, yahdah yahdah yahdah! If it were up to me we'd sell it all and buy a motor home and travel! It's not up to me! :P

Jackie in Oregon
Good luck Kaybo on your move! We lived in Killeen Texas way back when! Good ole Ft. Hood!
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 05:36:29 am »
Hey there Kaybo,
You are having some adventures here, aren't you?  Hope things get settled down soon so you can make some plans.  Where are the communities Dave is looking at?  I need to know so I can start programming the GPS in my car!  Can't wait !
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Kaybo

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 06:56:40 am »
Priscilla~
Right now, we are looking in Sienna Plantation and Cinco Ranch - we are pretty much open to anything, but Fort Bend & Katy are supposed to have the best schools.  That and a neighborhood with LOTS of kids and families is our main priority!  When we moved into our current house, there were NO KIDS and it about killed our kids - it is a GREAT house but the neighborhood was all people that their kids were in college or newly married.  Seems like now there are getting to be more new families with little (2-3) kids but we don't want to make that mistake again - esp. moving to a whole new city!  Even though I know that they aren't super close to each other, they kind of form a triangle to where Dave has to go to work (Allen Parkway-the AIG buildings) so the commute is about the same.  That new Ft Bend Tollway seems to be really good to get there (& it is proposed to go even farther out - don't know when?).  He can do a flex schedule so he will probably go in at 7 so he can leave at 4 & be home with us more!  Yea!

Get that GPS programmed, girl!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 08:56:42 am »
Got it!  We can always meet in the middle.   When we bought our house, we were in the same situation.  A lot of babies and toddlers on the street, but only one kid close to age for mine, and that was only for Meredith.  The plus is that Meredith and her friend Brian were three and four when they met.  Now they are still best friends, they are getting married within three weeks of each other, and are in each other's weddings.  Too sweet!.
When I retire, one of the first things I want to do is renew my memberships to the museums.  Then after we do that kind of thing in the morning, we can do the lunchy/shoppy thing until you need to be home for girlies. That and anything else that looks like fun!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 06:49:53 pm »
Hi, just getting back into posting I want to wish you good luck with your move and hope you and your family have many years of happiness in your new home and city.

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

wendysig

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 06:18:00 pm »
Hi K -

I haven't been around in a while, but hope you get the final word on the move soon.  Living in limbo is hard to say the least.  My husband has a friend who lives in Katy and loves it there.  If you end up there, I hope you do too.

Wendy

P.S.

His kids are grown (in their 20s, but he said it's a great place for kids).

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 08:26:58 am »
Sounds like there will be a huge party in Houston - at Kay's new house - in just a matter of months!

Thanks, Kay!! ;)  ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 02:07:20 pm »
I'm in.  Is someone sending the Lear jet?  I can be packed in a nano-second...

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 03:39:36 pm »
Pack? What for? We'll just pick up whatever we need in Houston.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 03:40:41 pm »
If Phyl is bringing the Lear, I'm on the way from Phyl's house to Texas!!  Don't forget me!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Kaybo

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2010, 04:02:43 pm »
I already wrote this earlier today but I guess I didn't hit "post"!!

OF COURSE I would LOVE for anyone to come at ANY time!  I LOVE to have people over - the more the merrier!  Yesterday, I had 7 extra girlies and one mom over between basketball games to hang out for several hours!!  ;D

We are thinking now that we *might* build (more energy efficient & more time to sell current house) but my in-laws have a HUGE house & pool and are always up for a big party too!!   :D

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 07:11:51 am »
Huh!  How come I didn't get in-laws like that??  >:(

Must have married the wrong guy.  Now that's an understatement  :D

I'd say maybe next marriage, but that's something I've sworn I'll never do.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 07:21:58 am »
I also put in the original post something about "how the house may not always be clean, but everyone's ALWAYS welcome!!"

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 09:03:41 am »
Never say never, Jan.

In all seriousness, I also said I'd never remarry. My first husband developed drug and alcohol addictions. I was smart enough to leave before he ruined my life and our daughters, but there was plenty of damage done.

I think I would have lived quite happily as I was, but I did meet someone who is everything my first husband was not, and my life is so much richer for having him and our two additional children in it. He adopted my daughter after my ex died (who was raising a huge stink about it even though he played ZERO part in her life) and I have never looked back.

Enjoy your life, just don't close the door to possibilities.

MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 02:49:49 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement, Sara, but I don't think I'd do it ever again.  Live with someone, once my kids have left the "nest", maybe.  Marriage, not highly likely.  Although Lori has mentioned knowing a single doctor who can cook.  Hmmmmm  ;)  ;D

Glad things turned out well for you though. 

Kay -

I'm with you on the "not always clean" house.  There are actually times I'll invite someone over just so I have an excuse to finally do a thorough cleaning. 

I just got around to cleaning my house yesterday - won't tell you how long it's been  ::) - let's just say it took a huge part of my afternoon.  Missed my workout, but today's another day.

Jan