Author Topic: Kaybo's Moving!  (Read 34337 times)

Kaybo

Re: Kaybo's Moving!
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2010, 07:16:51 am »
Well, as people like to say around here "today is the day" - at least I am not having surgery again!!   ;)  However, today is the day to start our trek southward.  We are leaving for Houston but stopping in Southlake at my brother's house (& checking out a community for my mom) and then arriving in Houston on Friday.  I am sad but know it will be OK...We haven't sold our house yet - we had a VERY good Open House Sunday but no follow up.  ???  On a brighter note, they poured the foundation on our new house last Friday! i"m still choosing to remain optimistic that our house will sell so we will be able to get that one!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2010, 07:49:25 am »
Kay .....

Glad all is on schedule.  I was afraid Alex might interfere or at least complicate the trip south.

Prayers, fingers crossed, whatever, in hopes your house sells quickly so you can have that worry lifted.

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2010, 08:42:25 am »
Hey there Kaybo!

I will be in town until the 13-23 or so of July.  I am available for mischief or necessary errands every day except Mondays and Thursdays.  I tutor on those days.  Keep me in the loop so I know what you are up to!  You have my number.  I will keep your house in my prayers for a quick sale.  Did you bury Saint Whomever-it-is upside down in your backyard?

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2010, 09:06:45 am »
Safe journey, Kay and family.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2010, 01:25:41 pm »
Kay ~

Godspeed your journey to your new community.  Along with many others, I pray that your 'old' house will be sold, quickly and the new one will be just as you've always wanted.  Congratulations!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

moe

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2010, 12:24:49 am »
Come on already St. Joseph, stop playing around.
Send a buyer to K's home, pleeeze.

It will sell. You've done what you can and now it's time for the realtor to bust his or her behind while you get settled in Houston.
We were two mortgage owners for about year and a half, and survived.
No fun, but it's only money, you got your beautiful family.
Stressful time, hang in there, K ;)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Keri

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2010, 01:21:02 pm »
Hi Kay!
Welcome to Houston! (not that i'm in houston - just looks like today is the day when you arrive).
My mom and step dad lived in houston a while. I hope you get a chance to meet the AN people there!
You seem to be one to hop right in and be involved, so i don't have any doubt all of you will make lots of friends at church and school, etc and hopefully, after a couple of months, you'll feel right at home.
I didn't realize you had family there - that's good!
Take care! I know it's hard to say goodbye to those left behind. Maybe everyone will take you up on your offer to visit!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Kaybo

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2010, 11:44:35 am »
Just a little update:  they are putting brick/stone on the house - it is really going up fast - hope that doesn't mean it will come down fast!!  :o

The main thing, though, I got to hang out with Ms. Priscilla yesterday!  We didn't do much - she just came over here and we visited over sandwiches and watching the girlies play in the pool!  Great times to come!  Oh, & be jealous Lori, she saw the Pick-a-Weenie up close & personal!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2010, 12:59:03 pm »
We had a great time!  ;D  Her girlies are gorgeous and very well-mannered to boot.  It was wonderful to be able to sit and talk about whatever came to mind without worrying about the time.  I am so looking forward to many of these visits.  And, Ms. Lori, the legendary Peke-a-weenie is a cutie :D.
Priscilla
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2010, 03:03:01 pm »
Damn!  Now I'm jealous.  Lori never did send me that Pick-A-Weenie that she promised me  :(

Glad the house is coming along, Kay.  Will it be completed by the time the girlies start school?

Today I decided that Lori and I really do need to visit you - maybe not for Thanksgiving, but some time in the very near future.  I've put Pooter on our list of VIPS to visit while we are in TX, and now I'll add Priscilla to the list also.  Oh yeah, and Patrick. 

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2010, 04:49:08 pm »
Seriously, that would be great!!  Check out SW  airlines - I think they have some deals right now!  We could have a big party at my house!

The house won't be finished when school starts, but it won't be long after that!  They will befin at the school's that they will be attending so we will commute each day.  We may move to Dave's sister's house so we will be closer each day...we'll see.  We aren't TOO terrible far away here either.

K   ;D
*off to check SW.com*
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2010, 06:33:49 pm »
Bring it on!  We are ready for a friendly invasion!!

Kaybo

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2010, 07:44:09 pm »
I think Priscilla & I could throw one heck of a shindig, especially with Brenda's help!   ;)

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2010, 11:29:45 am »
Now I'm jealous!!!  Enjoy ladies and continue to post so I feel apart of it all.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Kaybo

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2010, 12:49:33 pm »
Anne Marie-

You can come too!!

;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!