Author Topic: Kaybo's Moving!  (Read 34321 times)

Kaybo

Re: Kaybo's Moving!
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2010, 09:51:25 am »
Well, I am happy to report that we closed on the selling of our house in Amarillo today - thank you Lord!!  It truly was an answer to prayers.  However, I am a bit sad and missing my friends and life there.  I know that it takes time and will happen eventually.  Glad I have some friends here already from this group!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2010, 10:37:44 am »
It takes time, but it can be a little lonely until things really start to feel normal.  When Mark and I were moving around so much..before cell phones...I used to really be aware that when I was in a new house, the phone would hardly ring. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers for some good connections to happen!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2010, 11:20:07 am »
Kay .....

So glad you can close the long chapter on the selling of your Amarillo house ..... that was a big stressor for you!

Sometimes it takes awhile to break in to established "groups" in a new location ..... but knowing you ..... you are a super, open, loving woman that those lucky people in Houston will soon welcome you with open arms!

Are you all over the strep/flu in your household?  That can get anybody down .....  :'(

Much love and many prayers!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2010, 01:55:06 pm »
Kay ~

Congratulations on the sale of your home in Amarillo. 

My wife and I moved 10 times in 10 years during our first decade of marriage (the itinerant life of a radio D.J) so I know something about the relocation adjustments (which are perfectly normal) but I'm confident that you'll rapidly become a vibrant part of your new community. :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

moe

« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2010, 10:59:40 am »
Yay congrats on the house!
Totally relate to missing the old friends (in TX) and we have been here in WA for 3 years! Texans are so friendly!
Always takes me quite a while to make real good friends, and here in WA we live more rural, and everything is so spread apart, compared to Corpus Christi area.
Thank God for facebook and forums! Plus we moved here post AN surgery, so it is a different me, trying to get used to a different part of the country.
So continue to shine your beautiful self, K. At least you got Priscilla!
Moe

06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Keri

« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2010, 09:37:02 pm »
Congrats to you too, Kay!
Moe, always shocks me a bit (but in a good way) to read that someone is from Corpus Christi.  Lived there the early years of my life... went back this summer.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

moe

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2010, 10:39:19 am »
We spent a " lovely" 6 years there, and have a little "winter home" In Portland TX, over the bridge, that is being rented now. I loathed the weather 6 months out of the year, and am looking forward to going there in the winter (some day after all the college tuitions have been paid off ::) ) !
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty