Author Topic: Sorry to crab  (Read 12440 times)

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: Sorry to crab
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 09:29:46 am »
So glad to hear that you have a wonderful support group and you do not have to stress about the boys... I personally would be more concern about the animals just love animals... husband's hmmmmmmm questionable....

My prayers will be with you,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Lynn Mc

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 10:20:57 am »
I took care of all my animals BEFORE I did anything else,  I have some great people stepping in to help with the barn & critters.  They will be in better hands than than the rest of us.  I am starting to be a wee bit less unhinged over all of  this.

Lynn
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 12:01:19 pm »
Lynn,
Please alert your surgeon about the neck issues before your surgery.  If you can, get him to position your head prior to anesthesia.  My neck, which was hyperflexed during my surgery, is what causes my headaches--scar tissue involvement with my occipital nerves.  This topic was discussed during both headache workshops at the last Symposium in Chicago.  Dr Ryzenman, one of the workshop presenters, uses this anesthesia protocol now and his incidence of prolonged post-op headaches has dropped considerably.

Good Luck with the old boys and your surgery and please know we are here for you!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 07:54:20 pm »
Quote from: Lynn Mc link=topic=11330.msg130983#msg130983 d
ate=1261066857
I took care of all my animals BEFORE I did anything else,  I have some great people stepping in to help with the barn & critters.  They will be in better hands than than the rest of us.  I am starting to be a wee bit less unhinged over all of  this.

Lynn

So happy you are becoming less unhinged over this you need to focus on yourself now I know it is easier said than done.  But now all the pieces are falling into place so I am hoping you will be less stressed you'll need your strength once you come home.

Best Wishes,

Pat

Lynn Mc

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 07:04:35 am »
Thank you everyone.  My husband is facing surgery also so I guess we will both be down at the same time.  It WILL all work out.  He still doesn't get it about my little not so friendly friend in my head.  Did I mention he also suffers from severe depression so it probably all right that he doesn't get it!  Oh well I am feeling a little better each day.  I do find that if anyone s toooo kind to me I automatically burst into tears!  Can't seem to control that!  After the holidays things will start to really roll.  My pre-op is January 7th & then we will steamroll into the rest.  I give all of you so much credit & thanks.  You all are very strong wonderful people.  Thank You so much. 

Happy Holidays to all,

Lynn
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 07:17:22 am »
Lynn ......

Yes, it WILL work out!  Sorry your husband is facing surgery, as well.  Your mention of his severe depression tells much about why he is seemingly unresponsive to the seriousness of your AN.  My guess is that he is so overwhelmed with his own emotions right now that his defense mechanism is kicking in and preventing him from seeing anyone else's problems ..... even his wife's.  You both have serious issues right now and when that happens it is very difficult to support each other.  Lean on your family, friends, and of course, on us here on the Forum!  We truly understand your emotional and physical rollercoaster right now.  Soon you will have this little unwanted guest out of your head and you will be able to get on with life as you knew it.

Try to relax over the holidays and enjoy your family.

Best thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 07:30:05 am »
I am so sorry to hear about the extra worry you have with your husband's surgery and his severe depression that explains his reaction to your AN  and you cannot take it to heart that is not his fault some husband's do not have that excuse and just do not care and they are not supportive at all.  Your husband is not himself and I am sure if he did not have the depression he would understand and be there for you. If you need to vent or cry we are all here for you.

My prayers and thoughts will be with you and your husband.

Pat

moe

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 09:56:09 am »
Lynn,
Just reading and I'm SO glad things have turned around so that you have some help coming your way. It was great reading how things just kept getting a little better with people chiming in.

We ANers just have all the "luck" of simultaneous happenings :'(  It JUST figures.
We have no control of the booger in the brain, so when things don't go as planned.... Well, I'd be crying in the corner of the room or under my covers for who knows how long.....
You should be proud of your wonderful support system, especially your kids. They sound awesome.

The emotions of everything is so overwhelming, and with the "holidays." Oh happy times! ??? And your husband's health issues, along with your father with Alzheimers....
Calgon, take me away!
You are doing everything right- staying  in shape, getting all your duckies in a row.Things will work out OK.
The WII fit is a great thing to have and you already have it!
What surgical approach are you having? Good advice from Captn DEB about the neck issue.
Merry Christmas!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Lynn Mc

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 06:10:33 am »
Lynn,
Please alert your surgeon about the neck issues before your surgery.  If you can, get him to position your head prior to anesthesia.  

Captain Deb,

I have that on my "LIST" for pre-op.  I have also decided to try to get my neck in shape prior to surgery.  Yesterday I had acupuncture & extensive work on my neck & shoulders.  She also gave me exercises to help me.  I will be seeing her once a week until the 20th and then return to her ASAP when I become a postie.  Hopefully this along with your suggestions will help me with my neck.

I really appreciate all the super valuable info here. 

Happy Holidays to all,

Lynn
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"